• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[BILLIE] [FASTBOOT] GSI Installer

Search This thread
GOOD DAY XDA'S FINEST!

I recently got interested in the Generic System Image posts you guys were making, well honestly I wanted to make a script to restore my phone Mauronofrio style! It's uploaded to SourceForge and working pretty nicely. I used it to install Corvus OS on this little under supported underdog.

Right now I'm waiting for the file to finish processing on SF.

For Now Here's the OOS 10.5.11 script!
Factory Image [Global Variant]

UPDATE:
Corvus 16.5 works ok, I can't say I notice anything not working.

Last edited:

Instructions!​

Prerequisites!​

What's Needed?​

1. ADB Reborn.
  2. A GSI that's smaller than 2.7GB that's for ARM64 and has AB partitions.
  3. Patience or a sense of humor.
  4. An unlocked bootloader.
  5. a cold drink.

Installation!​

1. Extract the juicy contents to a preferred directory on your drive.
  2. Extract the GSI to the root of that directory and rename it system.img.
  3. Run the Flash-Device.bat.
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts.

Recommended Options!​

I recommend wiping the userdata partition when prompted and installing with the option 3, installing on both partitions.

Downloads!​

GSI Installer

ADB Reborn [XDA]

Treble-Enabled Device Development A/AB ROMS [XDA]

Last edited:
Are you aware of any restrictions for flashing the global variant via fastboot? I want to convert my TMO variant to the global software as I am already network unlocked and can OEm unlock.

Its the same device and honestly even the firmware isn't all that different. Its almost not even worth the risk. OEM Unlock is still grayed out until you can unlock the device with tmo. Even then, that might not unlock the bootloader ability still

EduardoA3677

Mar 24, 2021
Redmi Note 8
OnePlus Nord N10 5G

¡Instrucciones!​

Requisitos previos!​

¿Qué se necesita?​

1. ADB Reborn.
  2. Un GSI de menos de 2,7 GB que es para ARM64 y tiene particiones AB.
  3. Paciencia o sentido del humor.
  4. Un cargador de arranque desbloqueado.
  5. una bebida fría.

¡Instalación!​

1. Extraiga los jugosos contenidos a un directorio preferido en su disco.
  2. Extraiga el GSI a la raíz de ese directorio y cámbiele el nombre system.img.
  3. Ejecute Flash-Device.bat.
  4. Siga las indicaciones en pantalla.

Opciones recomendadas!​

Recomiendo limpiar la partición de datos de usuario cuando se le solicite e instalar con la opción 3, instalando en ambas particiones.

Descargas!​

Instalador GSI

ADB Reborn [XDA]

Desarrollo de dispositivos habilitados para agudos A / AB ROMS [XDA]
Hi need your help

MetaruSonikkuX

Jun 4, 2016
Honor 5X
Project Treble
I'm... Honestly a little surprised this worked. I managed to install LoS 18.1 and it worked with what I could tell were minor issues (pulling down the notification bar brings it down way further than it should) but I couldn't install MicroG to fully test it. Thanks for the guide!

I'm... Honestly a little surprised this worked. I managed to install LoS 18.1 and it worked with what I could tell were minor issues (pulling down the notification bar brings it down way further than it should) but I couldn't install MicroG to fully test it. Thanks for the guide!
Just sharing the love with you guys. This phone needs more love, like a custom kernel. Can't really do that with my lack of time, but I can write a script like a man possessed.

xTalc

Mar 3, 2019
Little confused about the terms hear, I understand this is about flashing a generic system imiage as in other roms? or different versions of the OTA rom? OR is this some easy work around for rooting?

Is this after installing the Oxygen 11 update?
I completely wiped the device, but yes. My 11 bricked my phone. Was having cellular data issues for the last week, ran the update, tried to root, had all sorts of instability and as of this morning my entire phone was stuck at the boot animation even on the Oxygen 11 firmware

Only gsi's I've ever had boot successfully on this phone are eOS and havok

Using this installer btw. Have also tried manually without this. Closest I've gotten to booting is with AcientOS, boot animation plays, screen gets brighter, then nothing

Last edited:

MetaruSonikkuX

Jun 4, 2016
Honor 5X
Project Treble
I completely wiped the device, but yes. My 11 bricked my phone. Was having cellular data issues for the last week, ran the update, tried to root, had all sorts of instability and as of this morning my entire phone was stuck at the boot animation even on the Oxygen 11 firmware

Only gsi's I've ever had boot successfully on this phone are eOS and havok

Using this installer btw. Have also tried manually without this. Closest I've gotten to booting is with AcientOS, boot animation plays, screen gets brighter, then nothing
I was able to install LoS and AOSP prior to the Oxygen 11 update but now they both bootloop for me. I just had to reset back to 10 because my backup also wouldn't isntall.

I was able to install LoS and AOSP prior to the Oxygen 11 update but now they both bootloop for me. I just had to reset back to 10 because my backup also wouldn't isntall.
that's my other issue is no matter what I do, I can't get to EDL mode, even with TWRP. Its like it boots to it, and then reboots after 15 seconds

You have to start the process before it reboots. Mine does the same thing. As long as you start the process, it won't reboot.
I just did a OP6t just fine, but my Nord N10 5G, never works. Gonna try with a patched MSM Tool from the 6t on the N10 and see what happens

MSM Picks up 3 COM ports on the non-patched msm tool, patched works fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GOOD DAY XDA'S FINEST!

I recently got interested in the Generic System Image posts you guys were making, well honestly I wanted to make a script to restore my phone Mauronofrio style! It's uploaded to SourceForge and working pretty nicely. I used it to install Corvus OS on this little under supported underdog.

Right now I'm waiting for the file to finish processing on SF.

For Now Here's the OOS 10.5.11 script!
    Factory Image [Global Variant]

UPDATE:
    Corvus 16.5 works ok, I can't say I notice anything not working.
    You'd have to use that unbrick tool for global to bypass the bootloader lock from TMO TBH.
    I actually found a bypass for flashing the international version in another thread on here.
    I've tried flashing so many GSI's... have yet to have one boot. Best I get is stuck at boot animation
    @killcmd i've been using this script for a few months now and really love it bro!!!
    i'm like you this phone needs a hell of a lot more love...some kernel development would be awesomeness cakes..thanks for this man!!