• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bixby Routines - Share Ideas?

Search This thread
I have quite a few Bixby Routines running.

One of my favorites is the Charging Routine. I've tried to implement something akin to Apple's optimised charging using 3 routines as follows:

My bedside table has a wireless charger connected to the wall outlet via a smart plug (socket). I drop my phone on the wireless charger before going to bed (usually after 9 pm)

The first routine allows the charger to charge the phone up only till 85%. As soon as battery level jumps from 84 to 85%, the Routine triggers Smartthings to turn off the Smart Plug and this cuts of power to the wireless charger. The phone now rests overnight at 85% (and usual standby drain).

Routine 1
Name: Night Charge
If: Time between 9 pm and 2 am
And: Status: Charging
And: Battery Level equal to or greater than 85%
Then: Smartthings>Turn off Charger

At 6 am, the second routine triggers and turns on the smart plug, this time allowing it to charge all the way upto 100%.

Routine 2
Name: Wake up Charger
If: Specific Time = 6 am
Then: Smartthings>Turn on Charger

As soon as it hits 100%, the third routine triggers Smartthings to turn off the smart plug again.

Routine 3
Name: Morning Charge
If: Status - Charging
And: Battery Level equal to or greater than 100%

My morning alarm is set for 7 am. This way I always wake up to a 99% charge, without having to pump power into the phone overnight or have it standing at 100% for many hours.

I've used a specific time period in Routine 1 so that if I'm charging in the day, the charger doesn't turn off before reaching 100%. This only happens at night (replicating the optimised charging feature)

My only investment in this was the smart plug, which cost me around $12 (I have a bunch of them around the house anyway, managng most of my appliances on various schedules)

Reactions: nixnixnixnix4
You have it connected to SmartThings via Google Assistant?
No, the plug is controlled from Smartthings directly.

I didnt see an option to connect Google Assistant to Smartthings and use it inside a routine. You can control Smartthings devices from Google Assistant by connecting the two services, but unless Smartthings recognises the device on its own, you can't use it inside a Bixby Routine. Also, you can't do the reverse, i.e. use Smarthtings to trigger Google Assistant actions.

Would've been wonderful if Samsung allowed Routines to trigger Google Assistant actions, but it doesnt. Sammy is hell bent on shoving Bixby down everyone's throats, whether or not anyone actually wants or likes Bixby. 🤮

dscline

Sep 19, 2007
Atlanta, GA USA
I have a bedtime routine that enables power saving mode and turns off location, but the lactation portion doesn't work. Is anyone else having problems turning location on/off with a routine?

EDIT: after some testing, it appears it won't turn off location if you have another routine that is using location. I have a routine that turns wifi on/off depending on whether or not I'm home. Apparently you have to choose between using location, and automating it.

Last edited:

mrthink

Aug 24, 2013
Manual Key > Screen Timeout to 5 Minutes (used when I want the screen on for a bit longer than 15 secs).

The things I don't like about "Bixby Routines" is that they can not individually be disabled/enabled like Tasker's profiles and I can't individually manage which functions get reversed when a routine ends.

It will be under the display option on bixby routines, turn off fast wireless charging.

If some of these options aren't available then install Good lock and then enable bixby routines +

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-233000_Bixby Routines.jpg
    Screenshot_20211203-233000_Bixby Routines.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20211203-233109_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211203-233109_Device care.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 29

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wireless charging between 10p - 7a will NOT fast charge so the charger fans aren't buzzing on my nightstand next to my head.

I hated everything Bixby but I see that I now have to use routines.

Good topic. How to see more useful usages posted.
    Just bumping this up since Routines is very useful. Been using this since my last phone and it made life a bit easier.

My settings are:

1. IF connected to home wifi, THEN keep phone unlocked.
    2. IF charging, THEN sync is on.
    3. IF connected to car bluetooth, THEN media volume is set to max and play favorite playlist on spotify.
    4. IF time period (12AM-6AM), THEN power saving mode on, DND on, bluetooth off, NFC off.
    5. IF camera app opened, THEN DND on.
    Love Tasker but now giving a chance for Bixby Routines. So far I have set driving profile to start playing YouTube music, set audio to 100%, turn Dolby on, keep phone unlocked. Then Show AOD when charging, auto rotate on when YouTube is launched. Would like them to go crazy like tasker with some Good lock module but doubt it :) Had few htlm get task so I might go back to Tasker, but imo it should drain more battery compared to Bixby Routines
    When i go to work, since i don't touch my phone that often, it auto changes resolution to fullHD, and turns on AOD + turns off bluetooth.
    During the night turns on energy saving and airplane mode
    I have quite a few Bixby Routines running.

One of my favorites is the Charging Routine. I've tried to implement something akin to Apple's optimised charging using 3 routines as follows:

My bedside table has a wireless charger connected to the wall outlet via a smart plug (socket). I drop my phone on the wireless charger before going to bed (usually after 9 pm)

The first routine allows the charger to charge the phone up only till 85%. As soon as battery level jumps from 84 to 85%, the Routine triggers Smartthings to turn off the Smart Plug and this cuts of power to the wireless charger. The phone now rests overnight at 85% (and usual standby drain).

Routine 1
    Name: Night Charge
    If: Time between 9 pm and 2 am
    And: Status: Charging
    And: Battery Level equal to or greater than 85%

At 6 am, the second routine triggers and turns on the smart plug, this time allowing it to charge all the way upto 100%.

Routine 2
    Name: Wake up Charger
    If: Specific Time = 6 am
    Then: Smartthings>Turn on Charger

As soon as it hits 100%, the third routine triggers Smartthings to turn off the smart plug again.

Routine 3
    Name: Morning Charge
    If: Status - Charging
    And: Battery Level equal to or greater than 100%

My morning alarm is set for 7 am. This way I always wake up to a 99% charge, without having to pump power into the phone overnight or have it standing at 100% for many hours.

I've used a specific time period in Routine 1 so that if I'm charging in the day, the charger doesn't turn off before reaching 100%. This only happens at night (replicating the optimised charging feature)

My only investment in this was the smart plug, which cost me around $12 (I have a bunch of them around the house anyway, managng most of my appliances on various schedules)