Development BKLYN Kernel for SM-S908E

Search This thread

skinza

Can you screenshot software information I want to make sure it works

One thing I noticed is with the lspeed app installed the phone would freeze about 5-10 minutes after boot...since removing it there's been no freezes

Screenshot_20220713-182855_Settings.jpg

I don't think I've ever enjoyed any phone more than I enjoyed the days of the Note 2

1000x times this. What a user experience it was back then! I repaired & unlocked all kinds of phones, compiled roms, repackaged apks, etc. We had kernels, roms and experimental app projects left and right!

It truly was the golden age. Now the market is just too saturated.

After years of smartphone nihilism, I got a South Korean S22 Ultra to try to get a little bit of that Note 2 magic back and so I made an XDA account to get involved again!

PS. I should be flashing this on the weekend. I'll report back shortly with my results.

Goku1992

1000x times this. What a user experience it was back then! I repaired & unlocked all kinds of phones, compiled roms, repackaged apks, etc. We had kernels, roms and experimental app projects left and right!

After years of smartphone nihilism, I got a South Korean S22 Ultra to try to get a little bit of that Note 2 magic back and so I made an XDA account to get involved again!

PS. I should be flashing this on the weekend. I'll report back shortly with my results.
Those times were amazing.... So much Roms kernels... Because of this i was on oneplus for an year but the 7t pro mclaren also lacked Support :(

sloeberiaan

Jan 18, 2009
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....

ALWAYS BACKUP YOU’RE DATA BEFORE FLASHING.

This tutorial assumes you understand how to use adb and fastboot.

Your device’s bootloader has to be unlocked.

IMPORTANT NOTE: It seems some users need to flash a vbmeta image file provided by Google in order to boot and user the Custom Kernel. If you find yourself in a situation were you are not able to boot, please flash the attached vbmeta img along with the Kernel and if still bootlooping share the last_kmsg to determine what's driving the issue.

Download >> Link

Kernel Sources >>> Source

Join the Telegram Group for additional support - Link

Thanks to @afaneh92

Any chance you could help me? I have been trying to build kernel for s22 ultra but I keep failing ... you seen only one so far that has done it!

Did you follow any steps to build after downloading the source code?

Make keeps exiting with error 2 after a while, maybe missing some dependeny?

bklyn_syed

Aug 27, 2015
New york
Any chance you could help me? I have been trying to build kernel for s22 ultra but I keep failing ... you seen only one so far that has done it!

Did you follow any steps to build after downloading the source code?

Make keeps exiting with error 2 after a while, maybe missing some dependeny?
You can try afaneh92 kernel source or mine once you download the source you have to take it apart and use gki only

Goku1992

I don't have any heating problem
Strange... My phone is at 40-45°C when browsing. Okay we have 24°C temps there but its a small hothead lol :D it Spikes to 55°C when launching an app cause the boost is to aggressive also touchboost boost prime cores instantly to ~3ghz... To aggressive should. Switch sheduler... Also no idle for gpu like my old oneplus 7t mclaren (snapdragon 855+)

mookiexl

Those times were amazing.... So much Roms kernels... Because of this i was on oneplus for an year but the 7t pro mclaren also lacked
Those times were amazing.... So much Roms kernels... Because of this i was on oneplus for an year but the 7t pro mclaren also lacked Support :(
The dual boot between ASOP and TouchWiz on the fly was some epic ish. I too jumped to google and oneplus but support became iffy in both scenarios. Now I have to go to my Poco to play with roms. Even the pixel 6 lacks support. Seeing as I have the U model it looks like I'm SOL with my S22U. Phone has been awesome minus battery life thus far.

vrtsvas

Jul 22, 2014
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....

IMPORTANT NOTE: It seems some users need to flash a vbmeta image file provided by Google in order to boot and user the Custom Kernel. If you find yourself in a situation were you are not able to boot, please flash the attached vbmeta img along with the Kernel and if still bootlooping share the last_kmsg to determine what's driving the issue.

Download >> Link

Thanks to @afaneh92
Hi My friend

Thank you for your great work i would love to try your kernel and absolutely love the work you guys putting with the effort of making the device fly rather than be sluggish and slow as a turtle, but i need to ask a coupe of thing prior of proceeding to install the kernel on my s22 ultra

1. Do I need to root the device ?
2. If not cause i read that we need to download something to unlock bootloader , how to we do that?
3. I am looking to get more power efficiency, is that what your kernel offers? cause i have a xiaomi poxo x4 5g and the battery with the same usage on my s22 ultra lasts for 4 days while on my s22 ultra lasts no more than 12 hours !! which is why i want to flash your kernel. the reason that i am asking this is that i havent seen anyone posting an average SOT and battery lasting duration.

Anyway i am curious if anyone can post his result with his usage, cause like i said i am not a gamer i am only a facebook insta and twitter and teams user on a verage 6 hours SOT and the batterry reaching 21% at the end of the night 11pm since 9am morning, so curious to see how much can we save in terms of battery with this kernel before me attempting to do this and trip my knox

My respect and looking forward to your reply

vrtsvas

Jul 22, 2014
hi Guys

i need to ask,

i cannot download the vbmeta file or any aforementioned in the original post

secondly is this kernel usable on an SNAPDRAGON device s22 ultra SM-S908E?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download >>
    Link

Thanks to @afaneh92
    07/25/2022 - Update
    Upstream to 5.10.84
    Added support for all S22 snapdragon devices.
    Only tested on SM-S901/906/908 E (b0q, r0q, g0q)
    07/25/2022 - Update
    Upstream to 5.10.84
    Added support for all S22 snapdragon devices.
    Only tested on SM-S901/906/908 E (b0q, r0q, g0q)

07/11/2022 - Initial Set up
    Upstream to 5.10.83
    TTL Support
    Low Memory Killer for Android
    Wakelock Blocker enabled
    Enabled more TCPs
    Only tested on SM-S908E should work on SM-S9080 as well.
    I don't think I've ever enjoyed any phone more than I enjoyed the days of the Note 2

I look forward to see where this will progress. Oh, I miss the days of custom kernels and custom ROMS so much! I don't think I've ever enjoyed any phone more than I enjoyed the days of the Note 2, then life got busier. Nexus 5 was great too with custom ROMS, and the Pixel 2. These days it seems all the security measures by manufacturers (and it's understandable), is preventing a lot of crazy independent development.