• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Black bar on side of screen

Search This thread

Rebelwolf4622

Jun 9, 2018
The image you posted doesn't load for me. Does the black bar go over the front camera area? If so, it may be by design.

The image didn't upload properly for some reason, and yes the bar does go over the camera. I just wish there was a way to fix it, because movies are basically cropped instead of being shown in either i guess you can say either 16:9 or fill screen, they are squared 4:3

dafunk60

Jul 12, 2008
The image didn't upload properly for some reason, and yes the bar does go over the camera. I just wish there was a way to fix it, because movies are basically cropped instead of being shown in either i guess you can say either 16:9 or fill screen, they are squared 4:3

The display is 1080x2300 so there's plenty of room for the bar on a 16:9 video (16:9 @ 1080p = 1080x1920). I suspect the cropping you're seeing is a function of whatever software you're using for playback. If I view this test video, full screen in Firefox, the bottom edge is cut off. If I view it in VLC the entire frame is displayed, with black bars on both sides. Removing the bar & allowing a 16:9 video to fill the screen completely would cut off more of the content from the top and/or bottom. Personally, I prefer to see the full frame in its original aspect ratio vs. having a portion cropped.