Black Screen But Phone Is Still Working??

Search This thread

Danny_Cai

Feb 5, 2016
Hey guys

Just bought my moto x play. And on the same day it screwed on me. So after i got the phone i updated to Marshmallow, And left it in my room to charge. On my way back I realized my phone was not turning on. I turned it off and turned it back on but nothing happened. I only felt the vibration of the phone and seeing the screen light up black pixels (no idea what the proper term is)?

I can still use the camera with the twist gesture and i can still hear the phone taking photos when i click the volume rocker. But the screen is black and i cannot ue touchscreen to take phtos. I also noticed that the LCD lights up black again if i lift my phone up. Just like moto display would do with notifications. I also hear notifications on my phone but nothing else. I have serached for a fix but nothing anyone else have this porblem?

effingbadluck

Dec 13, 2015
Hey guys

Just bought my moto x play. And on the same day it screwed on me. So after i got the phone i updated to Marshmallow, And left it in my room to charge. On my way back I realized my phone was not turning on. I turned it off and turned it back on but nothing happened. I only felt the vibration of the phone and seeing the screen light up black pixels (no idea what the proper term is)?

I can still use the camera with the twist gesture and i can still hear the phone taking photos when i click the volume rocker. But the screen is black and i cannot ue touchscreen to take phtos. I also noticed that the LCD lights up black again if i lift my phone up. Just like moto display would do with notifications. I also hear notifications on my phone but nothing else. I have serached for a fix but nothing anyone else have this porblem?
Most likely it's a hardware issue.Are you able boot into bootloader mode with screen working?

K.khiladi

Aug 6, 2014
No I cant load anything. The screen turns of and on the same way moto display turns my screen on when i lift my phone up. But i can see the lcd is on but nothing is actually being displayed on my screen.
Most probably hardware issue. Get it checked in care center .

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

pijes

May 21, 2010
I faced similar issue with my previous droid maxx, phone was on but only the screen's backlight came up. It happened all of the sudden when I was watching youtube. I thought the LCD ribbon connection was loose so I disassembled the whole phone and put it back on but no success. I ended up leaving it on the desk and one day the screen woke up on its own. The battery was at 1%, not sure if that triggered anything that fixed the problem. Maybe you could leave the phone until it drains out the battery and see if it could work for you.

Another way is to get into fastboot or recovery and do a factory reset

taras4200

Nov 19, 2016
Hi Danny_Cai. I'm currently experiencing the same issue with my Moto Z play smartphone. So I wanted to ask, did you just replaced the phone in the store? And what was an actual cause of this problem?

carcracker

Mar 26, 2009
Possible solution Motorola X-Play Back light Problem

Hi Danny,

I had a similar problem with my phone. Not under warranty so took the back cover off using a T3 star bit.
Radio Shack probably has it also.
Link:amazon.com/TORX-Driver-Phones-Small-Electronics/dp/B001BIEIA8(can't post active external links on xda yet)
Link:imageshack.com/a/img922/2433/ZC8f0f.jpg
At the bottom of my phone, there are two spring contacts. One was sitting loose and must have been causing some kind of problem. It fell out, and I did not reattach it. Haven't had a problem since.
Link:imageshack.com/a/img924/364/5cOdgc.jpg
It may be something as small as that. Not sure what it was for but haven't noticed any difference in the phone.
Hope you find your solution.
Craig

Attachments

• xplayscrews.jpg
    xplayscrews.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 4,872
  • xplaycontactss.jpg
    xplaycontactss.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 5,515
Reactions: theanubhavgautam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Possible solution Motorola X-Play Back light Problem

Hi Danny,

I had a similar problem with my phone. Not under warranty so took the back cover off using a T3 star bit.
    Radio Shack probably has it also.
    Link:amazon.com/TORX-Driver-Phones-Small-Electronics/dp/B001BIEIA8(can't post active external links on xda yet)
    Link:imageshack.com/a/img922/2433/ZC8f0f.jpg
    At the bottom of my phone, there are two spring contacts. One was sitting loose and must have been causing some kind of problem. It fell out, and I did not reattach it. Haven't had a problem since.
    Link:imageshack.com/a/img924/364/5cOdgc.jpg
    It may be something as small as that. Not sure what it was for but haven't noticed any difference in the phone.
    Hope you find your solution.
    Craig