• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Black Shark CHINA (SKR-A0) - Unlock Bootloader

Search This thread

loriz

Feb 22, 2012
Hi everybody! :)
After the precious advice of user ndt192, I managed to unlock my SKR-A0 which, until this day, seemed un-unlockable.

THIS PROCEDURE WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE MEMORY SO REMEMBER TO BACKUP EVERYTHING
TL;DR
In developer options, OEM Unlocking must be ticked (if present), then I just issued a fastboot oem unlock while in fastboot mode.
I'm on the latest OTA (29-12-18, v. G66X1812291CN00MPX).

Full Tutorial
  • Enable developer options by tapping 7+ times on Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number
  • Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking (if present) in Developer Options (Settings -> Other Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Developer Options)
  • Open a terminal and issue the command adb devices
  • On the phone, allow the access from your computer on the dialog that will be shown
  • In terminal adb reboot bootloader
  • Wait for the phone to reboot in bootloader mode
  • STOP AND THINK - DID YOU BACKUP EVERYTHING?
  • Issue the command fastboot oem unlock and wait for the OKAY in the terminal window
  • Reboot your phone with fastboot reboot

Now, you will be informed that because of the unlocking your phone memory is "corrupted" (aka not decryptable anymore) so the phone needs to be wiped. Agree and wait.

Hopefully, your bootloader will be unlocked now. You can check that by returning to fastboot mode and checking that the Status is Unlocked.

If you want TWRP/root, check out this thread.

This procedure didn't seem to work until a few months ago so I don't know exactly if this procedure works only on newest Joy UI versions or not. Try it out (at your own risk).

IMPORTANT - if you can't unlock with these steps, please post here with the version of Joy UI installed and the message shown after the fastboot oem unlock command

Last edited:

Synezio

Oct 23, 2018
After the precious advice of user ndt192, I managed to unlock my SKR-A0 which, until this day, seemed un-unlockable.

TL;DR
In developer options, OEM Unlocking must be ticked (if present), then I just issued a fastboot oem unlock while in fastboot mode.

Full Tutorial
  • Enable developer options by tapping 7+ times on Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number
  • Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking (if present) in Developer Options (Settings -> Other Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Developer Options)
  • On the phone, allow the access from your computer on the dialog that will be shown
  • Issue the command fastboot oem unlock and wait for the OKAY in the terminal window

Now, you will be informed that because of the unlocking your phone memory is "corrupted" (aka not decryptable anymore) so the phone needs to be wiped. Agree and wait.

Hopefully, your bootloader will be unlocked now. You can check that by returning to fastboot mode and checking that the Status is Unlocked.

This procedure didn't seem to work until a few months ago so I don't know exactly if this procedure works only on newest Joy UI versions or not. Try it out (at your own risk).

IMPORTANT - if you can't unlock with these steps, please post here with the version of Joy UI installed and the message shown after the fastboot oem unlock command

It worked, now can we install magisk manager on our phone?:confused:

77miko2

Apr 5, 2018
Tangerang
Need help my blackshark bootloop after I try to unlock bootloader :(

i make mistake that i write wrong code

adb reboot bootloader
Fastboot oem unlock

(its make my device factory reset) and then I try go to bootloader again but this device already unlocked.

But after that, I try to open recovery mode. and factory reset it. and its going like this :( *bootloop

please I need help, I can't do anything to this phone again because its can't go bootloader again even I press volume down+power T_T

What should I do ? :(

(Sorry my english so bad)

isotonik

Sep 13, 2008
surabaya
how do you know unlock critical in global ? its just the same

in global version use command fastboot flashing unlock_critical but not work on cn version .
i just unlock critical on cn version with command fastboot oem unlock_critical
need wipe/format data manual at stock recovery after unlock critical will ask for password if not wipe at stock recovery.

kanded

Dec 22, 2010
Medan
in global version use command fastboot flashing unlock_critical but not work on cn version .
i just unlock critical on cn version with command fastboot oem unlock_critical
need wipe/format data manual at stock recovery after unlock critical will ask for password if not wipe at stock recovery.

you unlocked it, congrats. its not that hard if you want to read ton of threds in xda.

Ryutensei

May 1, 2018
Anyone can help me... I have blackshark GLOBAL (SKR-H0)
And i need help...
How to change global to china rom.. Sorry my bad english

.big thanks...

Aung Thu Ko

Jun 25, 2019
My black shark china version suddenly unknown baseband version, no IMEI, no wifi MAC address, no service and no sim cards. Please help how to do?

TabldotLife

Jun 29, 2017
Hi, i have a skr-a0 china bs 1.
i unlocked my bs and install twrp and magisk but i dont have a backups. anyone help me i turn to stock or enabled ota ?

kimiagar123

Apr 17, 2013
Unlock bootloader

You unlock bootloader without a code?my phone P10lite and need to code,it's really working?OMG

Zuongdb

Dec 23, 2019
Help me pls, i unlock my black shark china, when i type fastboot oem unlock then cmd not working, why?

udik788

Apr 20, 2018
Help pls

Help, i got bootloop on my bs2pro, need unlock bootloder code for reflashing stock rom

kevin mitnick

Oct 28, 2011
this methode didnt work on android 10.
anyone know how to unlock bootloader and root balckshark on android 10 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TL;DR

Full Tutorial

If you want TWRP/root, check out this thread.

It worked, now can we install magisk manager on our phone?:confused:

It looks like there's some progress on that too! What a great day!

See here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-recovery-t3892707