Black Shark CN - 31-11-18 OTA dump (+ extracted payload)

Search This thread

loriz

Feb 22, 2012
Hi everybody,
I managed to pull the ota from my CHINESE Black Shark, I'm sharing it with you, it can be handy.

In the MEGA folder you will find the ota zip and an "extracted" zip, which contains all the partition images inside the payload from the zip (you never know when a talented developer will take a look at these :D)

NOTICE: I don't know if this OTA can be manually flashed from the recovery, experiment at your own risk!

https://mega.nz/#F!dboknYLC!-d6w5BEgGKjPizivtINRyg

Bootloader Unlock Guide

Last edited:
Reactions: Synezio

loriz

Feb 22, 2012
Hi everybody, happy new year. There's a new update available so i pulled it and uploaded to the mega link in the first post, for what's worth :)

Reactions: 3B3RT

3B3RT

Dec 13, 2013
i have de skr-h0 variant international.
bootloader unlocked

i hope someone port the twrp.

ndt192

Jan 9, 2012
Hi there,
Appreciated your work. But I have a question. Why could not i used magisk to patch the boot image on 311118. Always got "unpack problem". I have tried on 3 devices
I have unlocked the bootloader, yet the boot image is not ready for patching therefore cant got root.

BTW, i tried to pull out the boot using ADB, but the partitions were quite "Strange".

Any ideas?
Thank you.

loriz

Feb 22, 2012
i have de skr-h0 variant international.
bootloader unlocked
i hope someone port the twrp.

I'm not an expert in porting TWRP, but I think that if we manage to pull (or fetch) an update zip for the international Shark, we could easily get the files needed to create a TWRP.

Unfortunately I haven't found a .zip OTA for the global Shark, nor someone willing to try and pull it when it becomes available.

Hi there,
Appreciated your work. But I have a question. Why could not i used magisk to patch the boot image on 311118. Always got "unpack problem". I have tried on 3 devices
I have unlocked the bootloader, yet the boot image is not ready for patching therefore cant got root.

BTW, i tried to pull out the boot using ADB, but the partitions were quite "Strange".

Any ideas?
Thank you.

Remember that the OTAs that I pulled are for the chinese version! I don't think they are compatible with the international Shark, nor I would try and flash them.
You said that you unlocked the bootloader, so I'm assuming that you have an International version.
Please pay attention with these kind of experiments, you could brick your device!

ndt192

Jan 9, 2012
I'm not an expert in porting TWRP, but I think that if we manage to pull (or fetch) an update zip for the international Shark, we could easily get the files needed to create a TWRP.

Unfortunately I haven't found a .zip OTA for the global Shark, nor someone willing to try and pull it when it becomes available.

Remember that the OTAs that I pulled are for the chinese version! I don't think they are compatible with the international Shark, nor I would try and flash them.
You said that you unlocked the bootloader, so I'm assuming that you have an International version.
Please pay attention with these kind of experiments, you could brick your device!

My version is CN sir, surely, with Joy UI.

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
I just received the G66X1901082OS00MPX OTA, currently downloading to PC.

You can probably grab it too from https://ota-oversea-1256119282.file..._shark_mp_os_cts_20180816.20190109_141149.zip

Cheers, and hopefully TWRP comes soon.

EDIT: Extracted the OTA. Unfortunately, there's no recovery.img in the payload, and i was unable to patch the boot.img for magisk support.
We probably need to get the factory image in order to have either TWRP or Magisk running on the Black Shark.

Last edited:

ndt192

Jan 9, 2012
[/ATTACH]
My Black Shark. CN version

Attachments

• P_20190120_072818.jpg
    P_20190120_072818.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 218

ndt192

Jan 9, 2012
It's a weird this XDA prevent me from uploading the photo of unlocked bootloader @@ Other 2 photos were fine @@

ndt192

Jan 9, 2012
Untitled.pngIt's a weird this XDA prevent me from uploading the photo of unlocked bootloader @@ Other 2 photos were fine @@

Top Liked Posts