Black Social (formally Black Facebook) updated 2/24/11

Search This thread

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
This is a modified version of the original facebook for android found in market

There are eight versions that I have made. Red, blue, green, pink, purple, yellow, orange, and LT blue

The concept behind this app was to be inverted from the original app and have a black background with white text. I upgraded the Icons and Changed a few of the text colors around.

It is has been PNG optimized, Zip aligned, and signed with private keys.

It is in the market. Go to the paid apps in social or search for BLACK SOCIAl. I am charging a dollar fifty due to the massive amount of time it took to put these together.

Please Let me know what you think and if you have any questions or problems

Last edited:

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
looks a bit choppy, thanks none the less!

ill look at it and then see what i can come up with.

How does this look choppy. I scratched out some names but other than that it looks great on my phone

so do we flash this or install a apk
I signed it in a zip so it can be flashed or you can take it out of zip and push it to phone

Wow the title is misleading :D

and how is the tittle misleading. Literally it inverts facebook by making the screen black and the words white.

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
Re: Black Facebook.apk

yea already did, its runnin smooth! nice one man..:):D

Sweet thanks. The only thing I need to figure out is the main menu where u pick news feed, pics, msgs, friends, and profile. Gotta find and change the XML the turn it black like the rest of the screens r
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

BB15

May 25, 2010
I just flashed it and honestly didn't care for it. The dark icon looked like crap against my dark home screen. I didn't like that the labels were gone from the navigation page and some of the fonts did look a little choppy IMO. Very cool idea though!

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
Re: Black Facebook.apk

I just flashed it and honestly didn't care for it. The dark icon looked like crap against my dark home screen. I didn't like that the labels were gone from the navigation page and some of the fonts did look a little choppy IMO. Very cool idea though!
Just got a fix for the main screen. Will update later, fonts r same as original fb app just changed the color so don't know how its choppy. And I like the icon.

BB15

May 25, 2010
Just got a fix for the main screen. Will update later, fonts r same as original fb app just changed the color so don't know how its choppy. And I like the icon.

the icon you created is very cool, just didn't look good against my dark home screen. I'm sure if I had a light colored home screen it would have looked great! Nice work, just not for me.

spiritcrusher33

Feb 15, 2008
kaufman tx.
Um pull the Facebook file from another rom and either push or flash it. Don't know why its grey for u. How does the app itself look. That's the widget u posted

sorry got busy with the kids.. Its just the widget..the apps looks fine..and really like it.. Its not big deal im prolly gonna flash the new darch this evening.. right now im just running the modded fresh with friends stream..Which to me is pointless.lol I dont use sense..