1446920591448.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 302

dug3001

May 9, 2015
I can't instal hub apk
It's doesn't works..

Envoyé de mon SM-N910F en utilisant Tapatalk

You are right sir.

I'm not willing to share modified copyrighted material.

I've told people here how to do things, I think is enough.

But you're willing to modify copyrighted material.... Not trying to start some sort of flame war... But, unless you OWN the phone, you probably can't say what you won't do when you've practically already done it... Because, going off your words, BB Apps aren't open source..

Or maybe they are... And BB just made them exclusive to their phone in hopes of selling more of their own phone...

Metalshadowx2

Oct 31, 2010
Scarborough
But you're willing to modify copyrighted material.... Not trying to start some sort of flame war... But, unless you OWN the phone, you probably can't say what you won't do when you've practically already done it... Because, going off your words, BB Apps aren't open source..

Or maybe they are... And BB just made them exclusive to their phone in hopes of selling more of their own phone...

That was my main point. If not come on here and say you got something working but then say you won't share. That's dumb. One person already confirmed that his method did not work. So he must have something else.

Sent from my LG-H812 using XDA Free mobile app

FirefighterDown

Sep 16, 2010
Ok, for me is working. I've simply added an email account using bb launcher (from "write mail") and then nova launcher trick.

It doesn't let you add an email account. The error message immediately pops up.

Either you've done more to the apks than merely changing the bottom line to false (aka run on blackberry only) or are using different apks than me, newer or older.

Because it doesn't work.

smartbuddy

Mar 15, 2010
You are right sir.

I'm not willing to share modified copyrighted material.

I've told people here how to do things, I think is enough.

Right Sir, you can use the APK extracted from Exclusive BB Priv and shared by others, also modify them but when sharing the working APK, then NO, I am a Saint, I only take advantage from others ! Good going... :good:

Reactions: Tu Dam

amandreamartino

Aug 12, 2013
Rosate
That was my main point. If not come on here and say you got something working but then say you won't share. That's dumb. One person already confirmed that his method did not work. So he must have something else.

Sent from my LG-H812 using XDA Free mobile app

Here is what I've done

apktool to "decompile" hub apk, changed line 42 of AndroidManifest.xml from true to false, "recompiled" apk, signed, added account from bb launcher ("write email" shortcut), added activity shortcut

It's useless to share something that is already here. Devs in this thread already have patched apk. Is up to them to share the apk.

The same method isn't working for notes, but I don't care.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

It doesn't let you add an email account. The error message immediately pops up.

Either you've done more to the apks than merely changing the bottom line to false (aka run on blackberry only) or are using different apks than me, newer or older.

Because it doesn't work.

I don't really know what could be different. I've installed LuckyPatcher, maybe this could help.

Reactions: MRFERRARI23

FirefighterDown

Sep 16, 2010
For the life of me, I cannot find a link for any modified hub.apk in this thread... Or has one been released?

Also, running Nexus 6 with MM and the keyboard and launcher both work flawlessly after a reboot.

Theres no patched hub apk because it doesn't work. It keeps asking you to update something that is already updated so I haven't uploaded it

Here you go if you want to see that it doesn't work :

https://mega.nz/#!15kxWBRI!Ucq5cxjzTp7ZGd8l3TgRzZCl_IoBnpTfSBtZCAiN0A0

gnote2clie

Dec 20, 2012
It isn't like other BB devices in that it has an entire backbone for security. That's the magic behind QNX to begin with. UNIX and the Linux that derives from it is very open for tampering. Unless BlackBerry programmed automated updates on a security scale, I wouldn't be surprised if eventually, the earliest builds of Priv get root or even bootloader unlocks for ROMs.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Root? perhaps...bootloader? I don't think so

Top Liked Posts