Blackberry Productivity tab for all devices running Android MM and N

Search This thread
This is the method to get the productivity tab (Latest version) on any device running Android MM and N.

New Update (November 11, 2017 )
What's New-Bug fixes
-Performance improvements

Things you need are
-A ADB or Terminal with root access or privileges
-A android Marshmallow or Nougat device

Steps

1--If updating, replace old ProductivityEdge.apk from /system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge folder with the new .apk and reboot.
-If installing for the first time, copy the ProductivityEdge folder to /system/priv-app.

2--Set 755 permission
/system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge
/system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge/oat
/system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge/oat/arm64
Set 644 permission on
/system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge/ProductivityEdge.apk
/system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge/oat/arm64/ProductivityEdge.odex

3--No need to reset the bbry_productivity_edge_enable if you have the Productivity Edge up and working already.
If you're setting up for the first time, run

Code: settings put secure bbry_productivity_edge_enable 1

from ADB or a local terminal with root privileges.

4--Reboot.

(There's a new update which was released in which we can add multiple widgets onto a tab in a single column, move theme around and resize theme as you like. You can even change the name and icon for each individual widget tab. Also you can hide the built-in tabs such a calendar and contacts.) Will release this update as soon as it comes out.

Tested on Pexorom Nougat Sony Xperia X dual sim

Attachments

• ProductivityEdge.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 594
Last edited:

joecoeur

Feb 8, 2008
Beau Bassin
This is the method to get the productivity tab (Latest version) on any device running Android MM and N.

Things you need are

Steps

1--If updating, delete ProductivityEdge.apk from /system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge folder and reboot ( not necessary)
If installing for the first time, copy the ProductivityEdge folder to /system/priv-app.

2--Set 755 permission
Set 644 permission on

3--No need to reset the bbry_productivity_edge_enable if you have the Productivity Edge up and working already.

4--Reboot.

Does it need to be flashed through TWRP or installed as an apk?

djeniuss

Oct 26, 2008
Dagenham
Google Pixel 4

Things you need are

Steps

1--If updating, delete ProductivityEdge.apk from /system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge folder and reboot ( not necessary)
If installing for the first time, copy the ProductivityEdge folder to /system/priv-app.

2--Set 755 permission
Set 644 permission on

4--Reboot.

I don't want to root my device. Is it possible to install it without rooting?

Does it need to be flashed through TWRP or installed as an apk?

You need to unzip the file and place the folders manually in the required place. Then set the correct permissions on the folder and apk. Then using a adb terminal which has root permissions enter the lines as stated above. Finally reboot.

(sorry for really late reply. I was busy with school and work)

amal vajdan

Aug 3, 2011
Kerala
The tab is cool, but the animations are so laggy=(
Although not buttery smooth, its smooth enough on my 2015 Motorola moto x play running DOT-OS, android version 7.1.2. Maybe it has something to do with your hardware and ROM. :)

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

What's New-Bug fixes

Things you need are

Steps

1--If updating, replace old ProductivityEdge.apk from /system/priv-app/ProductivityEdge folder with the new .apk and reboot.
-If installing for the first time, copy the ProductivityEdge folder to /system/priv-app.

2--Set 755 permission
Set 644 permission on

4--Reboot.

(There's a new update which was released in which we can add multiple widgets onto a tab in a single column, move theme around and resize theme as you like. You can even change the name and icon for each individual widget tab. Also you can hide the built-in tabs such a calendar and contacts.) Will release this update as soon as it comes out.

You are my HERO! Been looking for this everywhere! Works like a charm!
Tested and working on Motorola moto X play (2015). Android 7.1.2 :victory:
Although, you should include installing blackberry hub services+ in your installation guide. For me right after the reboot the tab showed up, but after intro it always took me to the app settings page. Only after installing blackberry hub services+ (using bb manager by cobalt) I got the productivity tab to work.

djeniuss

Oct 26, 2008
Dagenham
Google Pixel 4
Although not buttery smooth, its smooth enough on my 2015 Motorola moto x play running DOT-OS, android version 7.1.2. Maybe it has something to do with your hardware and ROM. :)

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

You are my HERO! Been looking for this everywhere! Works like a charm!
Tested and working on Motorola moto X play (2015). Android 7.1.2 :victory:
Although, you should include installing blackberry hub services+ in your installation guide. For me right after the reboot the tab showed up, but after intro it always took me to the app settings page. Only after installing blackberry hub services+ (using bb manager by cobalt) I got the productivity tab to work.

Please can you post screenshot of the BlackBerry Productivity Tab running on your Moto X Play?

amal vajdan

Aug 3, 2011
Kerala
Please can you post screenshot of the BlackBerry Productivity Tab running on your Moto X Play?
I'm using BlackBerry launcher and Hub too. For the apps to work in the productivity tab, they have to be installed first. Like for e.g. for it to show notifications, you have to have hub installed, if you want to use tasks you have to have BlackBerry tasks app installed. :)

For me it works with almost zero lags. Its almost as good as on a BlackBerry phone. :victory:

Attachments

• IMG_20171215_183629_376.jpg
    IMG_20171215_183629_376.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20171215_183532_216.jpg
    IMG_20171215_183532_216.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_20171215-182909.jpg
    Screenshot_20171215-182909.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 220

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What's New-Bug fixes

Things you need are

Steps

2--Set 755 permission
    Set 644 permission on

4--Reboot.

where are the other apps needed for this to work?
    You have to install Blackberry Manager app by Cobalt and all the apps needed are in there along with other blackberry apps.
    I know 2020 but i just managed to get the last version 2599 installed on a Sony Xperia xz3 with Magisk. Root required.

1 . Install module xmlpak to get it available from playstore.
    2. Once it becomes available (data clear playstore would speed things up) ,download and install via play.
    3. Use Magisk module systemizer- install it as a priv app.
    4. With a root terminal use the settings put blackberry enable from earlier in the thread.
    5. Enjoy works as a treat on my phone.