Blackhole 1.1 Beta ROM now available in ROM Manager

Search This thread

123Azul321

Sep 9, 2010
The AOSP Lock still doesn't work... I'm on 1.1 and I'm about to try 1.2 Hopefully that works... And to be honest with you thats actually a pretty big deal to me. Hopefully we can get it fixed. I like all of the customization of Blackhole

savbers

Dec 6, 2010
What do i do when it reboots into ClockworkMod? It just says "Press OK to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and continue the installation." When I get there, I have four options and I've tried two. Reinstall packages and reboot. Neither work and I'd rather not erase my files until i know it'll help.

So, please help!

sirganon

Aug 11, 2010
St Louis
LG V30
i always just choose reinstall packages and it automatically starts installing all the options one after the other. i usually make a nandroid backup manually and then when i hit OK in rom manager i make sure neither of the two check boxes are checked. then reinstall packages works like i described (personal experience)

and ALWAYS make a nandroid before trying to flash anything so that even if you do choose a wrong option you can revert back

savbers

Dec 6, 2010
i always just choose reinstall packages and it automatically starts installing all the options one after the other. i usually make a nandroid backup manually and then when i hit OK in rom manager i make sure neither of the two check boxes are checked. then reinstall packages works like i described (personal experience)

and ALWAYS make a nandroid before trying to flash anything so that even if you do choose a wrong option you can revert back

When I do that, I get an error saying "there is no update.zip on /sd" or something like that.
Long story short... nothing happens.

EDIT: I tried not selecting "make backup" and it worked fine. :)

Last edited:

sirganon

Aug 11, 2010
St Louis
LG V30
cant you just turn off the phone and hold volume up and down and press down power to get in to recovery? From there you can continue on.

The first time I tried to install blackhole the auto process didn't work so I tried to manually flash everything. Some things didn't work right for whatever reason. I redownloaded everything through rom manager again and got it to auto-install and it worked great after that. This was all when rom manager was working of course.

cmo879

Dec 2, 2010
I like this rom :) very sppedy and fast got a quadrant score of 1956
Gonna flash 1.2 in a bit but the one thing I noticed is that when you odin back to stock rom manager works perfectly, a bit strange but it worked for me!

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009

Could you be a little more specific? I'd be glad to try to help out, but can't do much with such a generic problem description.

what version of the rom are you running, which kernel, where does it freeze, how often, are you using voodoo, overclocking? I will need specifics if you would like the fix the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to your enthusiasm and encouragement I have finally been able to release the first stable version of my rom, Blackhole 1.0 to ROM Manager. This should be able to be flashed over any existing ROM.

This is a JK6 based Froyo ROM.

Instructions:
    Open ROM Manager
    Click "Download ROM"
    Click "Sonofskywalker3"
    Click "Blackhole 1.0 for Vibrant"
    Choose your boot/shutdown animation (if you pick "No Animations" the startup will be a blank screen, don't panic)
    Choose your Calendar
    Choose your Desk Clock (experimental)
    Choose your extra keyboards (Swype is default because if you remove it, it's a pain to get back)
    Choose your Launcher
    Choose your Lockscreen (experimental)
    Choose your Media Player
    Choose your MMS
    Choose your Modem
    Choose your Theme
    Choose addons (Stock apps, Live wallpapers, Widgets, extras)
    Select if you want to backup your current rom (YES!!) and/or wipe data (strongly recommended)
    Press ok to reboot and install

The initial bootup is usually pretty long, and depending on what you chose there may be a few force closes at your first boot, but you should be fine after that.

Standard disclaimer:
    Even if you follow these instructions exactly there is no guarantee that this will work. You may brick your phone. You may get stuck with a force close loop. You may lose some data. You will void your warranty. You may catch on fire. By downloading this rom you agree that none of these things is my fault, and that any damage to personal property, mental sanity, economic stability, financial impunity or anything else that happens as a direct or indirect result of you flashing this ROM cannot be blamed on me. Capish?

Thanks so much to my team of dedicated beta testers:
    xanvincent
    aksoutherland
    dasunrule32
    Peregrine
    mhseraphim
    salithox

I know i've forgotten some usernames, but not their contributions. please remind me of your help if i've left you out, and i'm sorry.

Please enjoy this Custom ROM, and for any feedback, problems, requests, comments, compliments, insults, poo flinging or the like please visit the official Blackhole forums at www.androiddoes.net/sonofskywalker3. I check those far more often than here, but I will still try to address any concerns here brought up here as well. And i'm always available via email at sonofskywalker3@androiddoes.net and frequently online at freenode irc channel #sonofskywalker3. Happy flashing boys and girls.

And as always, if you appreciate my work, please consider showing me a little love through the donate link in my signature. If you don't like my work, please let me know how I can fix it.
    yeah, i'm planning on adding the accurate battery mod and power button options in version 1.2, beta testing is planned for tomorrow night, and release hopefully sunday afternoon.
    taken care of the mms issue now i believe. sorry guys, thanks for your patience and helping me work out all the kinks.