Blacklisted FireTV Bypass Registration?

jezzymods

Nov 16, 2017
Hello.

I recently purchased a firetv stick gen 2 from a market.

I couldn't register the device and amazon have informed me the device is blacklisted.

Is there any way to bypass this? Amazon will not help

Reactions: Adrian806

Adrian806

Apr 8, 2018
lubbock
What did you learn?
I learned to use the fire tv remote app which gives you a settings gear button in top left corner. When connected to your network using the remote app an pressing settings button it allows you to bypass update screen. Then after going to enable usb debugging and unkown sources I was able to sideload with apps2fire the hyjack launcher, app starter, confireator, boot2appstarter. This allowed my blacklisted firestick to boot straight to appstarter launcher instead of getting hung up at update screen. I was able to sideload any third party apps that I wanted as well like mobdro, terrarium, kodi etc. I hope this helps and all the info I just stated is available in the link in my previous post with links to all necessary apks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian806

Apr 8, 2018
lubbock
Has anyone found a workaround for new firmware? On the 2nd generation firesticks I can get to the settings but developer options are not there. On the 4k firestick I get past update to register but says my username and password dont exist. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

nicholetuvk

Apr 17, 2020
Has anyone found a workaround for new firmware? On the 2nd generation firesticks I can get to the settings but developer options are not there. On the 4k firestick I get past update to register but says my username and password dont exist. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Did you find an answer? having the same issue

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
Did you find an answer? having the same issue
Just some thoughts,

If you unlock it and install TWRP-

You can install a custom rom (firestick2 has a working rom, firestick4k has one with work in progress)

You can possible restore a back up from another one, but likely most things wont work.

There is post #3 here that claims to skip registration -
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/help/trying-to-skip-boot-update-brand-fire-t3752076

You will have to sideload apps or install a 3rd party appstore like F-Droid if you havent figured this out...

Good luck!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone