Blackshark 2 CN model to Global

Search This thread

limestar

May 9, 2006
Hi,

Does anyone know at this stage if we can completely convert the Chinese model to Global?

I really want the silver bit I can only import it on Chinese model.

Cheers

Ronith128

Dec 24, 2018
Yes it can be done !

I am having a Black shark 2 12+256 GB Black model. It can be easily converted to global by first aquiring rom from the blackshark EU website. You need to have a bootloader unlock. But unlike other Xiaomi smartphones this doesn't need to use mi flash unlock and do the waiting. It can be easily unlocked through Fastboot by the normal unlock command. Then you have to clear the system then flash it and enjoy. I can't share the link to global rom as I am a newbie at XDA and is not allowed with links. This phone is really a beast. I expect new gaming kernels from the community.... Waiting .......

Edit : if this helped you, please consider hitting that like button. Thankyou

regenwurm16

May 6, 2011
I am having a Black shark 2 12+256 GB Black model. It can be easily converted to global by first aquiring rom from the blackshark EU website. You need to have a bootloader unlock. But unlike other Xiaomi smartphones this doesn't need to use mi flash unlock and do the waiting. It can be easily unlocked through Fastboot by the normal unlock command. Then you have to clear the system then flash it and enjoy. I can't share the link to global rom as I am a newbie at XDA and is not allowed with links. This phone is really a beast. I expect new gaming kernels from the community.... Waiting .......

Where do they offer a link to a factory image on the black shark website? I didn't find one.

Ronith128

Dec 24, 2018
Where do they offer a link to a factory image on the black shark website? I didn't find one.

It isn't provided on the website. You will have to contact them in person. I got it from one of my friend who contacted them in person. He lives in UK. Just visit there and they will provide you the global Roms. They may also provide it if you call or mail them. I don't know about that but still it's worth a try

txdvil

Oct 26, 2009

hello there, I have 6gb ram variant, may you help me ask for the eu rom this type?

Ronith128

Dec 24, 2018
hello there, I have 6gb ram variant, may you help me ask for the eu rom this type?
I don't have rom for that variant sir. But still I can help you. You can flash a GSI and have the stock Android experience in Global Languages. First you will have to unlock the bootloader by the commands fastboot oem_unlock. Then download your preferred GSI Image from any developer. I would prefer pixel experience. Then follow the instructions that's given by the GSI developer. Done ! You have full Android experience without any Chinese bloatware. But stay in Chinese rom now as the shark space mode is not available in the global Rom as of now. If that's not your preference use the above mentioned method and switch to a global Rom. If you still didn't understand I will post a thread on installing GSI on Black shark 2. Thankyou . Hit the like button if this helped you.

Reactions: marcelo1234456

regenwurm16

May 6, 2011
I don't have rom for that variant sir. But still I can help you. You can flash a GSI and have the stock Android experience in Global Languages. First you will have to unlock the bootloader by the commands fastboot oem_unlock. Then download your preferred GSI Image from any developer. I would prefer pixel experience. Then follow the instructions that's given by the GSI developer. Done ! You have full Android experience without any Chinese bloatware. But stay in Chinese rom now as the shark space mode is not available in the global Rom as of now. If that's not your preference use the above mentioned method and switch to a global Rom. If you still didn't understand I will post a thread on installing GSI on Black shark 2. Thankyou . Hit the like button if this helped you.

I'd like to disagree with your statement that the shark space mode isn't available in the global ROM because it certainly is. I've used it already. Otherwise the dedicated physical switch on the side would be useless.

Ronith128

Dec 24, 2018
I'd like to disagree with your statement that the shark space mode isn't available in the global ROM because it certainly is. I've used it already. Otherwise the dedicated physical switch on the side would be useless.
You maybe using a shop room sir. Which is modified by the shop for changing the language to English and to debloat the rom but still it will be the China rom in core. I never said that Shark Space won't be available in Global Rom. I just pointed out that the current global Rom doesn't have it but digging in deep the rom you can find the files. It's just they have disabled it for sometime maybe some testing going on. We may get an update within a month for the shark space or maybe you have a newer model which comes with the new Rom. If you have that and you know there is shark space, it will be too good if you upload a EDL mode backup of the device. So everyone can convert their China Rom device to Global Rom with Shark Space enabled. I would encourage you to do that. It would be a great help to us. I believe that you know how to backup as you're a senior member of XDA. Waiting for your reply.....

regenwurm16

May 6, 2011
You maybe using a shop room sir. Which is modified by the shop for changing the language to English and to debloat the rom but still it will be the China rom in core. I never said that Shark Space won't be available in Global Rom. I just pointed out that the current global Rom doesn't have it but digging in deep the rom you can find the files. It's just they have disabled it for sometime maybe some testing going on. We may get an update within a month for the shark space or maybe you have a newer model which comes with the new Rom. If you have that and you know there is shark space, it will be too good if you upload a EDL mode backup of the device. So everyone can convert their China Rom device to Global Rom with Shark Space enabled. I would encourage you to do that. It would be a great help to us. I believe that you know how to backup as you're a senior member of XDA. Waiting for your reply.....

I'm using the official global version of the phone that's sold by black shark since 29th of March in their official EU online store which came with a security patch version of February 2019 out of the box and was updateable via OTA to patch version March 2019 and included shark space from the beginning.
From what I know to use EDL you need very specific files for each phone to be able to use the EDL mode, which aren't readily/easily available.
Furthermore I'm returning the phone today and therefore won't risk a brick or tinker with it.
Sorry to not be of better help to the community.

Reactions: keltai

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
I have the global build (and phone), and I can assure you that Shark Space is available.

Where is your information coming from that says it isn't available?

Ronith128

Dec 24, 2018
I have the global build (and phone), and I can assure you that Shark Space is available.

Where is your information coming from that says it isn't available?
Sir you may have the new retail unit with shark space aka Ludicrous mode. The Rom leaked doesn't have shark space turned on. So if you have that phone and seeing that you're a senior member. I request you to upload a EDL backup of your phone with Ludicrous mode. You could do it easily with some Android file system managers. If you could do that it will be a great help for people like me with outdated leaked global Roms. Can you confirm the build number and the security patch version ???

wildlime

Mar 2, 2014
In europe you can buy the silver global , cost 649€ 12+256 https://eu.blackshark.com/products/blackshark2
No shipping to UK!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

No you are are wrong. Sharks pace is official in global rom.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

kanded

Dec 22, 2010
Medan

Sir you may have the new retail unit with shark space aka Ludicrous mode. The Rom leaked doesn't have shark space turned on. So if you have that phone and seeing that you're a senior member. I request you to upload a EDL backup of your phone with Ludicrous mode. You could do it easily with some Android file system managers. If you could do that it will be a great help for people like me with outdated leaked global Roms. Can you confirm the build number and the security patch version ???

you said, you can't share the link to global rom, then you ask people to upload an EDL backup. what exactly you have and you want ? I still confused.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it can be done !

Let's hope someone can confirm it can be done. It's exactly the same hardware!

I'm using the official global version of the phone that's sold by black shark since 29th of March in their official EU online store which came with a security patch version of February 2019 out of the box and was updateable via OTA to patch version March 2019 and included shark space from the beginning.
    From what I know to use EDL you need very specific files for each phone to be able to use the EDL mode, which aren't readily/easily available.
    Furthermore I'm returning the phone today and therefore won't risk a brick or tinker with it.
    Sorry to not be of better help to the community.

this is fake. after I read your comment, I contacted the black shark eu website support and did not give any ROM, no website or help on how to get an EU ROM.