Blackview A8 - Rooting

Search This thread

blakvu

Aug 15, 2016
I have been looking through the posts here and on other sites, and I cannot seem to find anyone with experience of rooting the Blackview A8

I have tried using the Kingo Root phone app and their PC software application, which did not work and left a number of other applications installed.

I want to root the A8 in order to be able to use ES File Explorer and StickMount to download photos direct to USB sticks.

If anyone has any suggestions to help with this they will be very gratefully received.

blakvu

Aug 15, 2016
Bump ...

The processor is a Mediatek 6580A, in case anyone has rooted another device with this processor...

Full specs for the Blackview A8 on devicespecifications.com - I cannot post the Url at present

The device has the possibility of USB OTG, but does not connect to any device I have tried, and the USB OTG Checker App tells me that the API is installed, but no USB OTG in the Kernel.

Dropbox works fine as a backup/ transfer method, but I want to be able to use USB Sticks for when I am not on WiFi/ Network...

mrgadgetuk

Nov 29, 2010
Cardiff
Rooting A8

Will also wait for files and procedure. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

If it can help...

https://www.dealabs.com/bons-plans/...m-2050mah-double-sim--/256438?comment=4381794

I have the TWRP recovery img and the supersu zip file. Does anybody know whether I'm allowed to upload these files directly to this website? And or put links to other websites relating to rooting the A8? One more thing. I believe there are two types of A8s. The Y806 and the Y813. I have the Y806 but my son has the Y813. There is a way of telling them apart. I will make a start on the instructions once someone confirms whether I can proceed.

I have the TWRP recovery img and the supersu zip file. Does anybody know whether I'm allowed to upload these files directly to this website? And or put links to other websites relating to rooting the A8? One more thing. I believe there are two types of A8s. The Y806 and the Y813. I have the Y806 but my son has the Y813. There is a way of telling them apart. I will make a start on the instructions once someone confirms whether I can proceed.
Never mind, upload it.

How to make the difference between both A8?

mrgadgetuk

Nov 29, 2010
Cardiff
Rooting A8 Instructions

First you need to download the correct Stock ROM for your device:

THIS IS FOR THE Y806 VERSION:
http://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=57766

THIS IS FOR THE Y813 VERSION:
http://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=32613 (THIS ALSO SHOWS YOU HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR DEVICE.)

1. Download and extract (to a place where you can easily find it again) one of these ZIPs.
2. Rename the ‘recovery.img’ file inside, ‘recovery2’. Download the ‘A8 recovery.img’ from here https://mega.nz/#!PoJ3gJLA!-xm4X6AzmzsWl5LgQm2gFKaxr-yIC2B492LW4ucVWGY and copy it into the above extracted folder and rename it ‘recovery’ (without the inverted commas).
3. Here http://www.needrom.com/download/blackview-a8/ you will see ‘Flashtools’ about a quarter of the way down the page. Click on it and download will begin of Pack-Flashtool-v5.1604.00.000.
4. Unpack FlashTools. (There is a folder inside named ‘Driver’ if it’s required) and click on Flash_tool.exe inside the folder called SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1604.00.000.
5. Select "scatter-Loading" and search for MT6580_Android_scatter.txt in the extracted ROM above and wait for the files to be added into Flash Tool.
6. Un-tick/unselect all, EXCEPT ‘recovery’.
7. Select "Download only".
8. Turn off your phone, remove the battery (if the battery is removable) and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
9. Press the “Download” button to start and then connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
10. The process will start (If it doesn’t start after 5 seconds or so, unplug the cable and plug it back in).
11. A green circle with a tick will be displayed signifying it’s finished!
12. You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on.

FLASHING SuperSu.zip

1. Copy the SuperSu.zip file to your SD Card.
2. Reboot your phone into the new TWRP Recovery
3. Select ‘Install’ and locate the SuperSu.zip file and select ‘Install Image’.
4. After flashing has completed, reboot your phone and you will finally have root.

I BELIEVE I HAVE INCLUDED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. IF I’VE MISSED ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TRY TO REPLY ASAP.

I’VE ALSO ATTACHED SOME IMAGES PROVING THAT MY A8 HAS BEEN ROOTED.

P.S. I’M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE ACCIDENTALLY. SO READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.

Attachments

• SuperSU.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 989
  • Screenshot_2016-09-08-13-44-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-13-44-25.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Screenshot_2016-09-08-13-44-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-13-44-44.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,434
  • Screenshot_2016-09-08-13-45-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-13-45-06.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,392
  • Screenshot_2016-09-08-13-45-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-13-45-19.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,298
Last edited:

q1pa

Nov 14, 2015
City of God

http://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=32613 (THIS ALSO SHOWS YOU HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR DEVICE.)

1. Download and extract (to a place where you can easily find it again) one of these ZIPs.
2. Rename the ‘recovery.img’ file inside, ‘recovery2’. Download the ‘A8 recovery.img’ from here https://mega.nz/#!PoJ3gJLA!-xm4X6AzmzsWl5LgQm2gFKaxr-yIC2B492LW4ucVWGY and copy it into the above extracted folder and rename it ‘recovery’ (without the inverted commas).
3. Here http://www.needrom.com/download/blackview-a8/ you will see ‘Flashtools’ about a quarter of the way down the page. Click on it and download will begin of Pack-Flashtool-v5.1604.00.000.
4. Unpack FlashTools. (There is a folder inside named ‘Driver’ if it’s required) and click on Flash_tool.exe inside the folder called SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1604.00.000.
5. Select "scatter-Loading" and search for MT6580_Android_scatter.txt in the extracted ROM above and wait for the files to be added into Flash Tool.
8. Turn off your phone, remove the battery (if the battery is removable) and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
9. Press the “Download” button to start and then connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
10. The process will start (If it doesn’t start after 5 seconds or so, unplug the cable and plug it back in).

FLASHING SuperSu.zip

4. After flashing has completed, reboot your phone and you will finally have root.

I BELIEVE I HAVE INCLUDED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. IF I’VE MISSED ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TRY TO REPLY ASAP.

P.S. I’M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE ACCIDENTALLY. SO READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.

The MEGA link always give me download failed even I have a stable wifi connection. Any other miror on y813 stock rom link?

segaodma

Apr 18, 2009
Edit:
Silly me... I was holding wrong keys for the start menu... thank you, it works!
Whoever you are... I owe you a beer! :D

Old message:
I did all from the tutorial (I have a black Y813). It finds the phone when I connect it to the USB, says all OK. But when I try to boot into TWRP (holding Volume- and Reset button) it still boots in the original factory Chinese boot mode. No TWRP mode.

Works! Works! Works!

Last edited:

wollilolli

Sep 27, 2016
Okay, now I have root. So far understood.
What have I to do if I would like to renew the total system. In may case the Android system has several adware included. I wish to change the rom against a "clean" system.

wollilolli

Sep 27, 2016
Okay, now I have root. So far understood.
What have I to do if I would like to renew the total system. In may case the Android system has several adware included. I wish to change the rom against a "clean" system.

I solved it myself. I have flashed the whole downloaded y806 file and checked all items in flashtool to be flashed. After a longer boot duration the system works great and ....without adware. Great!!

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Edit:
Silly me... I was holding wrong keys for the start menu... thank you, it works!
Whoever you are... I owe you a beer! :D

Old message:
I did all from the tutorial (I have a black Y813). It finds the phone when I connect it to the USB, says all OK. But when I try to boot into TWRP (holding Volume- and Reset button) it still boots in the original factory Chinese boot mode. No TWRP mode.

Works! Works! Works!

Hi, but which keys are the valid ones?

Feb 20, 2015
Hey guys! I'm about to root my Blackview A8 using the method mentioned in this thread. How is everyone's experience with this? Is rooting my phone using the above-posted method completely safe?

The_Crismaster

Nov 21, 2016
I'll recommend this

] (THIS ALSO SHOWS YOU HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR DEVICE.)

2. Rename the ‘recovery.img’ file inside, ‘recovery2’. Download the ‘A8 recovery.img’ from here and copy it into the above extracted folder and rename it ‘recovery’ (without the inverted commas).
3. Here you will see ‘Flashtools’ about a quarter of the way down the page. Click on it and download will begin of Pack-Flashtool-v5.1604.00.000.

FLASHING SuperSu.zip

I'm really thanks with you, this really worked and I recommend this process :D (I've a Y806) But you missed something. To install the drivers of the FlashTools you have to disable the obligatory use of signed drivers before to install it (If you don't have disable, The installation won't finish) Thanks :D

JohnMcM

Feb 9, 2017
Hi. I've managed the first part of the process, up until receiving the green tick and copying the SuperSU.zip to the memory card on my A8. The problem comes when I want to go into TWRP: I manually enter recovery mode and I get a dead android icon with the line "no command".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

John

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting A8 Instructions

FLASHING SuperSu.zip

Then it's a Y813
    hi
    i want to root the blackview...but
    the A8 recovery img file was removed...
    is there a chance to get it from somewere else?
    thanks!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone