Blackview A8 - Rooting

Search This thread

huami

Oct 21, 2014
Hi. I've managed the first part of the process, up until receiving the green tick and copying the SuperSU.zip to the memory card on my A8. The problem comes when I want to go into TWRP: I manually enter recovery mode and I get a dead android icon with the line "no command".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

John

Same problem for me. Black Y813 bought recently with factory image dated 2016.10.10. I have installed TWRP using the procedure listed in this topic. When I reboot and press volume up or down I get either into some Factory mode (with entries like Auto test, Manual test) or boot mode where I can enter recovery mode (or fastboot or normal boot), but then the 'no command' problem appears. Does it mean TWRP was not installed at all or there is a problem in running it?

JohnMcM

Feb 9, 2017
Dead Android problem

Same problem for me. Black Y813 bought recently with factory image dated 2016.10.10. I have installed TWRP using the procedure listed in this topic. When I reboot and press volume up or down I get either into some Factory mode (with entries like Auto test, Manual test) or boot mode where I can enter recovery mode (or fastboot or normal boot), but then the 'no command' problem appears. Does it mean TWRP was not installed at all or there is a problem in running it?

I managed to get the TWRP to work by redoing the flashing procedure. This time I left my battery out of the phone when I did it and it worked.

Good Luck. Hope it worked for you.

John

JohnMcM

Feb 9, 2017
Malware in ROM

Has anyone else here had problems with the default Android browser being hijacked by junk ads? It doesn't crop up on the first day after resetting the phone but after a day or two you get a page opening up and directing to this url: offer2.joymedia/mobi It quickly cycles through different page addresses and maybe ends up on a page encouraging you to download some dodgy app. After a while the infection spreads to Chrome as well.

Deleting cache and app data doesn't seem to help. I rooted my phone, as per the instructions, to help uninstall any malicious apps, but not having much luck. Malwarebytes doesn't pick up anything.

Would be great to hear from someone else who has fixed this problem.

huami

Oct 21, 2014
Finally I managed to install TWRP and root my both phones Y806 and Y813 with battery removed during flashing, for Y813 it worked only for the second time.
Regarding adwares/spywares on these phones that was my main reason to root the phone. The problem was with unattended installation of adwares. Even after I removed adware from applications it was soon appearing again. These apps were Feedback, The favorite and even Aliexpress. Adds were shown on the main screen. Very nasty way of advertising things. I have discovered that the package that is responsible for it is called adups.fota and you can disable it from Terminal Emulator as root.
Open Terminal emulator, became root and disable the packages as follows:
Code:
su
pm disable com.adups.fota
pm disable com.adups.fota.sysoper
More on this here (I can't post link yet):
githubDOTcom/angrave/SystemProgramming/wiki/File-System,-Part-8:-Removing-preinstalled-malware-from-an-Android-device
(if the link does not work google it with keywords 'adups.fota disable from Terminal Emulator')

Edit: I got adware installed again at night :(.

Last edited:

JohnMcM

Feb 9, 2017
I'd previously uninstalled Adups.fota (detected by Malwarebytes). Finder and Myfavorite I've now gotten rid of as well. I don't see Aliexpress as an app although I do get their ads.
Despite uninstalling all those programmes I am still getting ads. To me it seems disgraceful that Blackview will sell a phone with such unpleasant, annoying adware preinstalled. I wonder if there are any alternative, clean ROMs that would work with this phone.

huami

Oct 21, 2014
See if you have application called Feedback and remove it.
I think I got rid of the unattended adwares installation. It has been few days now and nothing was installed by itself on both phones. I have removed following packages:
com.fw.upgrade*
com.sales.statistics
(not sure which one exactly was doing the adwares installation but both looked suspicious to me)
I have disabled them by running
Code:
pm disable <package_name>
But also removed relevant .apk files from /system/app and /system/priv-app, remounting system partition to read-write mode before that. Hope it helps.

JohnMcM

Feb 9, 2017
Thanks Huami,
I used a root uninstall application and Root Explore to get rid of these programs. "Myfavorite" kept reinstalling itself but then I found lots of other Myfavorite apk files in the data/media/cache folder. Since deleting those I haven't had the adware back.
All the best,
John

huami

Oct 21, 2014
I have removed a bunch of packages but I was still getting the adwares (Feedback, My Favorite) installed by itself (usually at night). Today I ported 'FreemeOS 5.3 [5.1.1][MT6580][k3.10.72] infinix HOT2' image to our Blackview A8 and it works. Well almost, something's not OK with the camera, but that seems to be solvable. It looks nice, runs smoothly and hopefully it does not have any backdoors like the stock ROM. Will update you if I get into troubles with my ROM.
Btw. to copy my boot partition I used dd from the console running as root:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/boot.img

newelco

Apr 11, 2009
I have removed a bunch of packages but I was still getting the adwares (Feedback, My Favorite) installed by itself (usually at night). Today I ported 'FreemeOS 5.3 [5.1.1][MT6580][k3.10.72] infinix HOT2' image to our Blackview A8 and it works. Well almost, something's not OK with the camera, but that seems to be solvable. It looks nice, runs smoothly and hopefully it does not have any backdoors like the stock ROM. Will update you if I get into troubles with my ROM.
Btw. to copy my boot partition I used dd from the console running as root:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/boot.img

Hi
Can You host any place your ported rom ? i have a y806 (my friends phone ), and maybe you can say exactly how you put the flyme on the phone( sp-flash tool??
Thanks

huami

Oct 21, 2014
Hi
Can You host any place your ported rom ? i have a y806 (my friends phone ), and maybe you can say exactly how you put the flyme on the phone( sp-flash tool??
Thanks

Hi,

I couldn't fix the problem with the camera after all. It should be fairly easy to port the ROM I mentioned above to Y806 too, maybe you will be more lucky and get the camera working. You will need TWRP to write the ROM to the phone, your boot partition and some files from system partition (i.e. etc/firmware and lib/hw, but It's better to backup whole system files in case you need it). Make sure you have the original stock ROM in case you want to come back to it later. Note that Blackview recently removed all ROMs for A8 model from their bbs website.

Hope it helps. You are responsible for breaking your phone though :).

Regards.

bonishusha

Apr 23, 2017
hi
i want to root the blackview...but
the A8 recovery img file was removed...
is there a chance to get it from somewere else?
thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ltherael
Oct 29, 2014
Windows 7 Driver ?

howdy all and thanks in advance for everyone who has contributed to make this possible, words cant really express just how thankful i am :)

Does anyone have a link to the Driver for this Blackview A8 (Y813 model) for Windows 7 6bit ?

Ive searched high and low for 3 weeks now and cant get my computer desktop (or laptop) to recognise the Phone when plugging it in (yes, used different cables all to no avail)

I have everything i need, TWRP Image, the ROM i want to install, the Flash Tool, Disabled Obligatory Windows Driver Signing on Login (F8) and still i cant get the computer to recognise the cell phone.

Please please could anyone help with a link to the Win7 6bit driver for me please or a driver download link if someone has it in their folders on their computer

i have and am still using an iphone 3S LOL - its battery only lasts for like 6 hours before needing a charge, so i got given this Blackview A8 as a gift for helping someone repair their computer, for free, so it was a nice occurance to have someone give me something for my help.

But because of the obtrusive adware that cannot be removed and is built in to the Android OS - i need to get rid of that by rooting and installing my own choice ROM.

Cant do that for weeks now because i just dont have the right driver.

im now royally stuck and tried maybe 15 different drivers from around the internet including some Russian web pages, still to no avail.

Please help, dying here slowly lol

thanks ever so muchly much in advance :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting A8 Instructions

First you need to download the correct Stock ROM for your device:

THIS IS FOR THE Y806 VERSION:
    http://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=57766

THIS IS FOR THE Y813 VERSION:
    http://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=32613 (THIS ALSO SHOWS YOU HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR DEVICE.)

1. Download and extract (to a place where you can easily find it again) one of these ZIPs.
    2. Rename the ‘recovery.img’ file inside, ‘recovery2’. Download the ‘A8 recovery.img’ from here https://mega.nz/#!PoJ3gJLA!-xm4X6AzmzsWl5LgQm2gFKaxr-yIC2B492LW4ucVWGY and copy it into the above extracted folder and rename it ‘recovery’ (without the inverted commas).
    3. Here http://www.needrom.com/download/blackview-a8/ you will see ‘Flashtools’ about a quarter of the way down the page. Click on it and download will begin of Pack-Flashtool-v5.1604.00.000.
    4. Unpack FlashTools. (There is a folder inside named ‘Driver’ if it’s required) and click on Flash_tool.exe inside the folder called SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1604.00.000.
    5. Select "scatter-Loading" and search for MT6580_Android_scatter.txt in the extracted ROM above and wait for the files to be added into Flash Tool.
    6. Un-tick/unselect all, EXCEPT ‘recovery’.
    7. Select "Download only".
    8. Turn off your phone, remove the battery (if the battery is removable) and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
    9. Press the “Download” button to start and then connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
    10. The process will start (If it doesn’t start after 5 seconds or so, unplug the cable and plug it back in).
    11. A green circle with a tick will be displayed signifying it’s finished!
    12. You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on.

FLASHING SuperSu.zip

1. Copy the SuperSu.zip file to your SD Card.
    2. Reboot your phone into the new TWRP Recovery
    3. Select ‘Install’ and locate the SuperSu.zip file and select ‘Install Image’.
    4. After flashing has completed, reboot your phone and you will finally have root.

I BELIEVE I HAVE INCLUDED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. IF I’VE MISSED ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TRY TO REPLY ASAP.

I’VE ALSO ATTACHED SOME IMAGES PROVING THAT MY A8 HAS BEEN ROOTED.

P.S. I’M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE ACCIDENTALLY. SO READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
    Then it's a Y813
    hi
    i want to root the blackview...but
    the A8 recovery img file was removed...
    is there a chance to get it from somewere else?
    thanks!