• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Blackview BV9900Pro Magisk Modules

Search This thread
Dec 12, 2019
I have installed Caos 11 on my Blackview BV9900Pro. The strange thing is I have to use the a/b version to make it work while it's an a-only device. I got Magisk and exposed to work.
To get the Flir camera to work I installed the MyFlir APK from the original Android 10 ROM from Blackview and I created a Magisk module that 'installs' the libraries and leptonserver bin file. It also starts the leptonserver at boot.
To get the heart rate sensor working I did the same but then for healthcare.

When I have time I will create a manual on how to install Caos 11 on the Blackview 9900(Pro). The only things I noticed up to now is that Volte doesn't work, the Flir camera doesn't work and the heart rate sensor doesn't work. O yeah, after first boot I had to factory reset to make it see/use all storage. Without factory reset Android storage shows just 2GB while it has 128GB.

Attached you find the Magisk Modules and the APK's. Let me know if it works for you on any custom ROM.

Edit 10-09-21:
I changed the MyFlir module. Now it wil also install the MyFlir app. No manual installation of the app anymore. I will do the same for HealthCare later.

edit 11-09-21:
Did the same with HealthCare. No manual installation of the app anymore.

Attachments

• MM-Myflir.zip
    19.8 MB · Views: 25
  • MM-HealthCare-BV9900.zip
    907.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: backtoroot

backtoroot

Aug 18, 2020
I have installed Caos 11 on my Blackview BV9900Pro. The strange thing is I have to use the a/b version to make it work while it's an a-only device. I got Magisk and exposed to work.
To get the Flir camera to work I installed the MyFlir APK from the original Android 10 ROM from Blackview and I created a Magisk module that 'installs' the libraries and leptonserver bin file. It also starts the leptonserver at boot.

When I have time I will create a manual on how to install Caos 11 on the Blackview 9900(Pro). The only things I noticed up to now is that Volte doesn't work, the Flir camera doesn't work and the heart rate sensor doesn't work. O yeah, after first boot I had to factory reset to make it see/use all storage. Without factory reset Android storage shows just 2GB while it has 128GB.

Attached you find the Magisk Modules and the APK's. Let me know if it works for you on any custom ROM.

Edit 10-09-21:
I changed the MyFlir module. Now it wil also install the MyFlir app. No manual installation of the app anymore. I will do the same for HealthCare later.

edit 11-09-21:
Thanks for this! MyFlir works now on my BV9900pro with LineageOS 18 GSI. Only issue: App is closing just after pressing the shoot button. No images stored in the gallery. Happy anyway as I can now use at least the Flir thermal camera with my custom rom! :)

backtoroot

Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for this! MyFlir works now on my BV9900pro with LineageOS 18 GSI. Only issue: App is closing just after pressing the shoot button. No images stored in the gallery. Happy anyway as I can now use at least the Flir thermal camera with my custom rom! :)
Healthcare App works, too - without any issue. Thanks again! If I ever get TWRP installed on this device but that's another story...

Dec 12, 2019

Thank @backroot,

Great it works for you 2. Concerning saving I noticed I had the same issue. I almost never take pictures myself is why I haven't noticed myself. I got this resolved by installing myflir.apk again, without removing myflir app, from the following location:

/system/app/myflir
or
/system/priv-app/myflir

Hope this works 4u2.

Reactions: backtoroot

backtoroot

Aug 18, 2020
Yeaahhhh! To re-install the APP over the old one did the trick! No issue with the save function anymore! 😎 Thanks again for your help!

Last issue I discovered with myFlir:
the calibration tool (the last point at settings - not the one on top with the flower/MSX) to adjust the real and thermal camera to be on same focus doesn't work at all. Nothing happens if I try to choose that function. As it's called something like "Picture Adjusting-Tool" it sounds too me like a separate APP or so which is probably missing in my installation.

I can't really tell if it ever worked as this was never an issue with the stock rom but since it works with my custom rom the position of the two pictures is quite different which makes the overlay of the thermal image a bit useless.

Any advice on this?

Dec 12, 2019
Yeaahhhh! To re-install the APP over the old one did the trick! No issue with the save function anymore! 😎 Thanks again for your help!

Last issue I discovered with myFlir:
the calibration tool (the last point at settings - not the one on top with the flower/MSX) to adjust the real and thermal camera to be on same focus doesn't work at all. Nothing happens if I try to choose that function. As it's called something like "Picture Adjusting-Tool" it sounds too me like a separate APP or so which is probably missing in my installation.

I can't really tell if it ever worked as this was never an issue with the stock rom but since it works with my custom rom the position of the two pictures is quite different which makes the overlay of the thermal image a bit useless.

Any advice on this?

I've noticed that too and have been searching how to resolve this but haven't been able to find a solution. I know it works on the original rom from Blackview.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit 10-09-21:

edit 11-09-21:

Thank @backroot,

Great it works for you 2. Concerning saving I noticed I had the same issue. I almost never take pictures myself is why I haven't noticed myself. I got this resolved by installing myflir.apk again, without removing myflir app, from the following location:

/system/app/myflir
    or
    /system/priv-app/myflir

Hope this works 4u2.