• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Blackview Max 1, laser projector phone TWRP/ ROOT

Search This thread

zozew

Nov 21, 2007
Just ordered a crazy phone the Blackview Max 1 as it was on 50% off so for 250usd I got a mtk6763t, 6gb/64gb, HD+ AMOLED, with a 720p laser projector phone

The bootloader is unlocked but I can't find any info on how to root or a specific TWRP for it

Any help appreciated

Thanks!

Last edited:

l0n34ng3l

Apr 8, 2019
Re

I also bought this phone 3 days ago from amazon.de.
I've already tested some things but I was looking forward for root and more deep tests from the experts here ?? I've searched blackview forums and here's the link for the ROM (I cannot put links here yet but you can search on their forums) from 3 days ago. Anyone wanna test it out? Thanks!

zozew

Nov 21, 2007
Testing...

So still no luck with rooting... But after some usage and testing it is a 720p or even a little higher projector. I did a manual count of the lines projected of a white image and it was more than 720 vertical... But I couldn't see any "pixles" like on a dlp projector just horz lines. I guess the laser diod technology works different? I would think they still have something like mirrors for the on and off for each pixel. As the contrast is absolutely excellent.

Phone in it self as a phone is pretty slow as a daily, but for its intent as a portable night/dark room projector it's very good. I've noticed I get a smudgy image sometimes and have to remind myself of wiping the glass of the projector as the tiniest fingerprint affects the quality.

Colors are vibrant and using a projector screen is even better. I use a reflective one and brightness is great. Although some might find this laser shininess/glow a little off putting at first.. It's like a small glimmering effect.. But I don't see it really any more. But on a white wall/material there is almost none.

Battery life is excellent and watching 4 episodes of Suits on Netflix is no problem at all with battery to spare. I do hope some update solved the touchscreen off issue. When the projector is on and the screen is off the touchscreen still tracks touches (turn on display touch in dev options) but doesn't let the system react to them.

So until someone ports a TWRP or root for this little gem not much more to test

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: frankmehta

frankmehta

Aug 25, 2008
Mumbai
www.doctorgadget.in
So still no luck with rooting... But after some usage and testing it is a 720p or even a little higher projector. I did a manual count of the lines projected of a white image and it was more than 720 vertical... But I couldn't see any "pixles" like on a dlp projector just horz lines. I guess the laser diod technology works different? I would think they still have something like mirrors for the on and off for each pixel. As the contrast is absolutely excellent.

Phone in it self as a phone is pretty slow as a daily, but for its intent as a portable night/dark room projector it's very good. I've noticed I get a smudgy image sometimes and have to remind myself of wiping the glass of the projector as the tiniest fingerprint affects the quality.

Colors are vibrant and using a projector screen is even better. I use a reflective one and brightness is great. Although some might find this laser shininess/glow a little off putting at first.. It's like a small glimmering effect.. But I don't see it really any more. But on a white wall/material there is almost none.

Battery life is excellent and watching 4 episodes of Suits on Netflix is no problem at all with battery to spare. I do hope some update solved the touchscreen off issue. When the projector is on and the screen is off the touchscreen still tracks touches (turn on display touch in dev options) but doesn't let the system react to them.

Cheers!
It still attracts more attention than someone's iPhone 11 Pro Max, every time I pull it out to show some videos to someone.
The phone doesn't feel like it has 6 gb ram and stutters quite a bit. I think it's got something to do with the optimization. The projector UI doesn't work with Nova Launcher but that's fine too.
The projector steals the show and I am glad I got this phone.
I would love to tinker with it and get it to run something like a pixel experience rom or even the new android go on it.
Waiting for root and twrp

zozew

Nov 21, 2007
Funny thing is I have an old galaxy s7 that gets about 150k on antutu and the Max 1 got 100k...but the max 1 is much more slower then just 1/3.. Seems strange.. Even simple tasks as typing on SwiftKey feels delayed for every key press..

Anyhow it still a great little projector!

Let's hope we can get someone interested in looking at this phone ?

Reactions: frankmehta

frankmehta

Aug 25, 2008
Mumbai
www.doctorgadget.in

Cheers!

Funny thing is I have an old galaxy s7 that gets about 150k on antutu and the Max 1 got 100k...but the max 1 is much more slower then just 1/3.. Seems strange.. Even simple tasks as typing on SwiftKey feels delayed for every key press..

Let's hope we can get someone interested in looking at this phone

Poor software by blackview. Lots of little bugs

lucahack

Oct 26, 2015
Just ordered a crazy phone the Blackview Max 1 as it was on 50% off so for 250usd I got a mtk6763t, 6gb/64gb, HD+ AMOLED, with a 720p laser projector phone

The bootloader is unlocked but I can't find any info on how to root or a specific TWRP for it

Any help appreciated

Thanks!
EZ to root. Using SP flash tool flash the boot image i'll include and use the scatter loading file i'll include.
Boot image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XSt__9OvwgsuUsc5Cw4_GRMTCMb3l5vJ
Scatter-loading file: see attachement

Attachments

• MT6763_Android_scatter.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: zozew

forcedv

Mar 7, 2006
Lucahack, can you please provide a quick guide for Blackview Max 1 owners who have never used SP flash tool (such as, which version of the tool, drivers and a brief "how to")?

Thank you.

zozew

Nov 21, 2007
Yes please a simple guide would be great!

Is there any recovery for the max 1? I understand it should be possible to port a twrp to this phone/processor but I am not the right person to do that...

Cheers

Last edited:

xdathekilljoy

Nov 24, 2015
I don't find it slow. Though I haven't had it long. It did glitch a tiny bit when I tried to use nova launcher though.
And have stereo speakers, a 4600mah battery, and especially an oled screen are super great pluses.

I had the galaxy beam which got stolen and instantly i could see brightness difference. And the screen shutting off during projection even during YouTube is a nice touch.
Though I did like how the galaxy beam had a physical button to launch or shut off the projector.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Testing...

Cheers!

Let's hope we can get someone interested in looking at this phone ?

Any help appreciated

Thanks!
    EZ to root. Using SP flash tool flash the boot image i'll include and use the scatter loading file i'll include.
    Boot image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XSt__9OvwgsuUsc5Cw4_GRMTCMb3l5vJ
    Scatter-loading file: see attachement