Blade A3 Prime (Visible)

Search This thread

jasonmerc

• Dec 14, 2012
    www.ixquick.com
    alright yall... i did a rather quick read of the thread.... i just got 3 of these phones from visible... so obviously all are stock original. my hubby could careless about root. I would like to have it because there is a lot of chyt on this booger that i will NEVER use and cant seem to disable... can someone give me a simplified answer on whether or not this phone has an available root? idk what this gsi stuff is. I just want a basic root that a root checker will tell me i have root and i can get the bloat off my phone. I use more apps then the hubs so I could use the space.

It has been a while (some years) since i have done any rooting as i keep managing to find phones i think i have root and then turns out it doesnt actualy. when i was rooting mostly I used the one click root method which doesnt work on this phone. I have used Odin and similar before. i think i have used adb once but its been a while. If someone break it down all in one post in laymans terms how to root this phone (if its possible) i have windows 10 as well as as Elementary os ( linux based) im only just learning Linux because windows is a pain in my arse.....

which every platform is easiest to use and assume im starting from scratch, meaning i dont currently have adb etc installed on either platform.

prefer to know which version works well with this phone before downloading and installing on either platform.

sorry for the long post but welcome the help. AND its super appreciated.
    **bonus--- im learning more and am super interested even if just for my own benefit.

edit--- https://androidforums.com/threads/zte-blade-a3-prime-thread.1333107/
    i think this may be what i am asking for lol....
    Yes this phone has root. If you stay on non-custom ROMs then Magisk works great. If you go the Custom Rom/GSI route then you may have some trouble.

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
    Houston
    Yes this phone has root. If you stay on non-custom ROMs then Magisk works great. If you go the Custom Rom/GSI route then you may have some trouble.
    im having a bit of trouble flashing the boot image magisk gave me back and i put on my desktop...

this was the example yall gave: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot /path/to/magisk/boot/image.img

this isnt working... obviously i need to put my correct file path...since its on my desktop and is only labeled as boot.img could you give me the proper string for my scenario. i have never rooted this way before. not that its hard im just not sure the proper wording etc of my file path.

thanks for your help yall!

EDit: the deskotp file for the magisk image is actually labeled as this: magisk_patched-22104_cJdjd.img

Edit #2. i have spft and can flash that way but when i thinks to leave checked every article says leave BOOTIMG only but that title isnt listed... i have boot a or super as i have seen yall say is where the system file go i believe.

right now im stuck with it saying orange state, your device is unlocked but cant be trusted your device will boot in 5 secs.... please help

i dont want to brick or soft brick though the tools are there to unbrick.. lol. told yall its been a while since i rooted or tried to root beside 1click options. spft seems very similar to ODIN

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
    im having a bit of trouble flashing the boot image magisk gave me back and i put on my desktop...

this was the example yall gave: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot /path/to/magisk/boot/image.img

this isnt working... obviously i need to put my correct file path...since its on my desktop and is only labeled as boot.img could you give me the proper string for my scenario. i have never rooted this way before. not that its hard im just not sure the proper wording etc of my file path.

thanks for your help yall!

EDit: the deskotp file for the magisk image is actually labeled as this: magisk_patched-22104_cJdjd.img

Edit #2. i have spft and can flash that way but when i thinks to leave checked every article says leave BOOTIMG only but that title isnt listed... i have boot a or super as i have seen yall say is where the system file go i believe.

right now im stuck with it saying orange state, your device is unlocked but cant be trusted your device will boot in 5 secs.... please help

i dont want to brick or soft brick though the tools are there to unbrick.. lol. told yall its been a while since i rooted or tried to root beside 1click options. spft seems very similar to ODIN
    Actually I (dun4today) responded to you here: < https://androidforums.com/threads/zte-blade-a3-prime-thread.1333107/ > so check for anything you may have missed. Also, the Orange state is normal and will show after you do a < fastboot flashing unlock >. You also need to flash < vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img > immediately afterwards.

If however you don't want to see the Orange state you may want to try flashing the GSI image instead or just re-flash the OEM image back. There is really no need to worry about bricking the device while you have the OEM image handy as you can re-flash it to restore back to factory.

Also, my instructions in the reply assumes you do not rename the Magisk patched image though you can if you prefer but is not necessary.

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
    Houston
    Actually I (dun4today) responded to you here: < https://androidforums.com/threads/zte-blade-a3-prime-thread.1333107/ > so check for anything you may have missed. Also, the Orange state is normal and will show after you do a < fastboot flashing unlock >. You also need to flash < vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img > immediately afterwards.

If however you don't want to see the Orange state you may want to try flashing the GSI image instead or just re-flash the OEM image back. There is really no need to worry about bricking the device while you have the OEM image handy as you can re-flash it to restore back to factory.

Also, my instructions in the reply assumes you do not rename the Magisk patched image though you can if you prefer but is not necessary.
    I just saw his(?) post but have not done anything. been a busy day.
    ok so i have my tools on windows. i had trouble with the vbmeta flashing also lol so i guess let me back up a step and im glad i saw your post before doing anything... im just wanting basic root to debloat the crap i cant currently disable but dont use lol orange state itself doesnt bother me. (its like the yellow (?) triangle that use to pop up on a different android version .

my vbmeta file is also in a folder (Named as you stated and then the image itself inside is just vbmeta.img) on my desktop... could you give me the proper string for that please?
    and i have renamed my magisk file to magisk_patched and that img file is staight on the desktop with no folder. could you regive me the string with the file name proper as i type it all in just as its written to me lol
    also so its all in one post and i dont have to hunt.

thank you for being so patient. and understanding .I super appreciate it

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
    I just saw his(?) post but have not done anything. been a busy day.
    ok so i have my tools on windows. i had trouble with the vbmeta flashing also lol so i guess let me back up a step and im glad i saw your post before doing anything... im just wanting basic root to debloat the crap i cant currently disable but dont use lol orange state itself doesnt bother me. (its like the yellow (?) triangle that use to pop up on a different android version .

my vbmeta file is also in a folder (Named as you stated and then the image itself inside is just vbmeta.img) on my desktop... could you give me the proper string for that please?
    and i have renamed my magisk file to magisk_patched and that img file is staight on the desktop with no folder. could you regive me the string with the file name proper as i type it all in just as its written to me lol
    also so its all in one post and i dont have to hunt.

thank you for being so patient. and understanding .I super appreciate it
    I posted more info on the other site. Please read that first. Also, might be better to stick to this site and thread as the main point of contact but I would go with whatever jasonmerc suggests is preferable.

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
    Houston
    ive bootlooped...... get phone in download mode? i have held volume up and power with no success

update #1.... i was able to get spft to finally download... got thte green check mark and phone is now in upgrading... 0%
    update #2 booted up to yahoo mobile after i forced a reboot... i obviously used the yahoo image provided by yall... is that prerooted? or am i still now trying to get root lol
    update #3... booting to yahoomobile, starts setup process and while setting up reboots by itself? wth???
    after reboot its asking for pin which i was unable to setup any of it....

would like to use spft to flash the visible stock but dont have its scatter file... did i mis that somewhere and i guess im still trying to achieve root lol

update #4 yahoomobile image is booting... freeezes up and then reboots. was able to enable usb debugging again though and bootloader already is unlocked.

update... i missed the visible scatter file so im working on that now. sorry yall i warned you its been a while so almost a noob lol... im determined though.

Last edited:

ztecheapphone

May 1, 2021
    Boot loop after tried get root :-(
    step from this forum: https://androidforums.com/threads/zte-blade-a3-prime-thread.1333107/ -- ROOT PRIVILEGES

boot got from this file https://www.mediafire.com/file/gitq...TE_Blade_A3_Prime_US_Z5157VV1.0.0B10.zip/file

Restored with Flashtool

But how I can root this phone? Could you explain?
    I tried after restored twice this method:
    Enable developer options on your phone, and enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking.
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flashing unlock (use volume up to confirm)
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical (use volume up to confirm)

• Download the stock firmware that corresponds with your phone, and in the archive pull out the boot.img file. Send the boot.img to your phone's storage for later
    • Install the Magisk Manager app on your phone. For now you want to use the CANARY testing branch because the normal release branch doesn't have some patches needed to make it work.
    • In the Magisk app, select Install, then Select and Patch Image (the one that implies you're giving it a boot image to patch, NOT direct patch mode). Browse and select the boot.img you put on your phone earlier.
    • Once it's done, pull the image Magisk spit back out to your computer
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot magisk_patched-22104_JRXeL.img
    fastboot reboot

Bootloop :-(

Last edited:

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
    Houston
    has anyone figured how to replace your imei? mine is null after doing yahoo reflash.... and then back to visible same thing... now i dont have phone service only wifi and cant seem to fix it! ugh... please help

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
    has anyone figured how to replace your imei? mine is null after doing yahoo reflash.... and then back to visible same thing... now i dont have phone service only wifi and cant seem to fix it! ugh... please help
    Actually Android 10 hides the IMEI info. Besides, the IMEI info is hard coded in NVRAM which we never touch therefore if you have an activated SIM the service should be working. If not, you can try the below.

Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

or

Do a Factory Reset. Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).

or

Before you flash an image.

Suggest you try this first before you flash the Visible or Yahoo images. The procedure is the same as when you flash an image. In this case in SPFT first choose the "Format" tab (don't change any thing) then click on "Start" (see attached). Make sure the usb cable is plugged-in to the pc only. Now go grab the phone (make sure the battery was removed for 6 - 8 seconds) insert the battery and hold down the VOL-DOWN button then plug-in the usb cable to the phone (let go of the vol button when the spft status bar goes red). After the format is completed flash the Yahoo image first and see if is working (it should be) then afterwards you can try the Visible.

Let me know if any of these steps restores normal operation .

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-05-02 19-30-43.png
      Screenshot from 2021-05-02 19-30-43.png
      54.4 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
    Boot loop after tried get root :-(
    step from this forum: https://androidforums.com/threads/zte-blade-a3-prime-thread.1333107/ -- ROOT PRIVILEGES

boot got from this file https://www.mediafire.com/file/gitq...TE_Blade_A3_Prime_US_Z5157VV1.0.0B10.zip/file

Restored with Flashtool

But how I can root this phone? Could you explain?
    I tried after restored twice this method:
    Enable developer options on your phone, and enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking.
    adb reboot bootloader

• Download the stock firmware that corresponds with your phone, and in the archive pull out the boot.img file. Send the boot.img to your phone's storage for later
    • Install the Magisk Manager app on your phone. For now you want to use the CANARY testing branch because the normal release branch doesn't have some patches needed to make it work.
    • In the Magisk app, select Install, then Select and Patch Image (the one that implies you're giving it a boot image to patch, NOT direct patch mode). Browse and select the boot.img you put on your phone earlier.
    • Once it's done, pull the image Magisk spit back out to your computer
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot magisk_patched-22104_JRXeL.img
    fastboot reboot

Bootloop :-(
    Yeap! Magisk Manager patch not working as it should. Wait for another Magisk Manager update and retry. May need to install mtk-easy-su-v2.0.6.apk as this app is supposed to work with Magisk Manager and allow or grant it root permissions but at this time is not able to do that.

FYI. Make sure you have internet access when running these apps.

Last edited:

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
    Houston
    Actually Android 10 hides the IMEI info. Besides, the IMEI info is hard coded in NVRAM which we never touch therefore if you have an activated SIM the service should be working. If not, you can try the below.

Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

or

Do a Factory Reset. Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).

or

Before you flash an image.

Suggest you try this first before you flash the Visible or Yahoo images. The procedure is the same as when you flash an image. In this case in SPFT first choose the "Format" tab (don't change any thing) then click on "Start" (see attached). Make sure the usb cable is plugged-in to the pc only. Now go grab the phone (make sure the battery was removed for 6 - 8 seconds) insert the battery and hold down the VOL-DOWN button then plug-in the usb cable to the phone (let go of the vol button when the spft status bar goes red). After the format is completed flash the Yahoo image first and see if is working (it should be) then afterwards you can try the Visible.

Let me know if any of these steps restores normal operation .
    no none of this fixes it... please help. or im buying a new one when i get paid tonight since i cant reach visible today....unless i can reach them again..... and the yahoo one still keeps doing the reboot thing... ( so much so i cant even get into the settings to reflash the visible one) the visible one doesnt do that. its fine... other than that neither has service due to missing imei.... idk i saw someone said theirs went missing too but i didnt catch the fix... and everything i have tried doesnt work to no avail... idk what i did... followed directions slowly as to make sure i didnt fubar something and i managed to fubar anyway

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
    Houston
    going to have to reflash using spft you will pull your battery for 6 to 8 seconds. plug usb into computer but not phone yet. hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and plug phone in when you have spft setup and press download. once you hold volume down and plug in spft will have a red bar go across the bottom and then it will change yellow and do its thing
    hope this is helpful and you can understand what im saying lol.... i couldnt fix my issue with mine that was less than a week old so my company is sending me a replacement... just waiting for arrival.

I assume you went through all of these steps first:

unlocked the bootloader in Developer options (OEM unlocking -> enabled) and rebooted to the bootloader (=> FASTBOOT) "adb reboot bootloader".

next "fastboot flashing unlock" then press VOL-UP to proceed.

next "fastboot flashing unlock_critical" then press VOL-UP to proceed.

next "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification --skip-reboot flash vbmeta /home/tony/Desktop/vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img".

next "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification --skip-reboot flash boot /home/tony/Desktop/boot-oss-yesmagisk.img".

next "fastboot reboot fastboot" to verify the phone will boot to fastbootd.

next "fastboot reboot" the phone should boot up. You will see "Orange State" and additional notices below that as the phone boots up. Just disregard.

If successful on boot up you have to install Magisk to become root. Verify first "OEM unlocking" is greyed out in Developers options. The bootloader must be unlocked otherwise something went wrong earlier in the steps above.

Once you are root and Magisk says you are root you should patch the oem boot.ini that is in the yahoo image folder with Magisk.

Copy the Magisk image to the Desktop and reboot the phone. You will find the Magisk processed patched image in the phone's internal storage Download folder NOT on the SD-CARD so you will have to copy it off the phone's internal storage to the sd-card and onto your PC's Desktop.

Make sure to put the Magisk image on the Desktop and reboot the phone to fastbootd "adb reboot bootloader".

Flash the Magisk image "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification --skip-reboot flash boot magisk_patched-whatever_the label_magisk_assigns_here.img".

Reboot the phone "fastboot reboot" and verify you are root and make sure Magisk has access to the internet.

If successful at being root then go back to the GIS initial instructions.

Let me know if unsuccessful afterwards or if something fails up to this point.

Where can one find the vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img amd boot-oss-yesmagisk.img files for this?

Reading through all the messages, it seems that the visible stock rom doesn't work. I was able to load the Yahoo variant Stock rom onto my visible phone. There seem to be mixed messages if root works or not. I've tried unlocking the OEM and critical via ADB and tried flashing the magisk image per the instruction in this post (with the disable verify options etc.) using the canary build (I saw that the newer version of Magisk doesn't patch it correctly) and sadly the phone won't boot afterwards.

Also curious if an older version of Magisk would work.. I assume not as it's grabbing files from the internet.

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
    Where can one find the vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img amd boot-oss-yesmagisk.img files for this?

Reading through all the messages, it seems that the visible stock rom doesn't work. I was able to load the Yahoo variant Stock rom onto my visible phone. There seem to be mixed messages if root works or not. I've tried unlocking the OEM and critical via ADB and tried flashing the magisk image per the instruction in this post (with the disable verify options etc.) using the canary build (I saw that the newer version of Magisk doesn't patch it correctly) and sadly the phone won't boot afterwards.

Also curious if an older version of Magisk would work.. I assume not as it's grabbing files from the internet.
    The link for vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img is here. The boot-oss-yesmagisk.img is a thread or two prior to the vbmeta link but do not use this image as it is no longer needed and since I've come across some issues with it. On a side note, Magisk is not working at this time. There has been much development work and progress with Magisk unfortunately a problem remains with the rooting on this device.

There is no harm in trying as you can always flash back a working boot.img in SPFT all by itselt however in my hunt for a working older versions of Magisk all fail to root so best to sit tight and hope for the best with the next update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Doing anything listed here will void your warranty. I don't know the laws where you are so assume it makes you a criminal. These things are posted here for educational purposes only. Never follow any guide if you don't understand the commands.

Enough BS, let's jump in.

For windows users. Installing drivers:
      1. Plug USB cable into PC.
      2. On the A3 prime, instead of using USB as charging, select use USB as Updating Firmware (i forget actual wording)
      3. A prompt will come up on Windows, install those drivers.
      4. Reboot.

Install adb and fastboot on your PC, it is up to you to do this.

In your CMD/Shell/Whatever you have.
      adb reboot bootloader

Congrats you've unlocked the bootloader.

Use 'fastboot reboot' to reboot if you haven't done so already.

-----

this is where the progress on this device comes to a halt.

The kernel source is available from opensource.ztedevices.com

The device codename is Z5157V, the Kernel they have is listed under Z5157V Q(10) Kernel(4.4.185)

What needs to happen next? Someone needs to compile the kernel from source.

Once that is done, they can extract the boot.img from it, use Magisk, and make a modified boot.img

Whoila, they will now have root. Once this person has root, they can extract recovery.img from the device, and we can begin making a custom TWRP, or who knows, maybe Team Win will pick it up (unlikely).

Once we have a custom recovery and working Magisk, it's just a matter of time before we start seeing custom ROMS.

If someone will sign up to be a guinea pig, or has an extra A3 Prime laying around I will continue development. I bricked mine because I was impulsive and honestly, kinda stupid. (browse through thread to see my idiocy)

Until such a time that I come to possess another A3 Prime OR someone steps up to provide a firmware dump, I am unable to help.

Good luck developing!
      Oh boy! GIS is working. See photos and the image that I used is also attached.
      Congrats!

Now you have the UNLOCKED free device.

Congratulations on your courage and attitude to learn, share and trust in @jasonmerc.

enjoy time and developments........
      :cowboy:
      Yeah, I bricked my device by flashing a universal MTK TWRP.

Came here to say this, do not flash universal MTK.

It is a soft brick, bootloops with no access to stock or TWRP recovery.

The phone's model number is Z5157V and the stock firmware is Z5157VV1.0.0B17 for google indexing reasons. Only place that MAY have it is behind a $40 pay wall.
      Managed to get the kernel from opensource.ztedevices.com, just beginning to work on it now (not sure how I'm gonna get my phone out of bootloop mode, but I'll solve it later)
      Thanks @desilynn79. I got it to work, by doing a format in SPFT and then following your instructions on flashing it
      good deal. im just waiting on my new one, they recieved the old one yesterday so, in theory the new one ships today.