Blade A3 Prime (Visible)

Search This thread
The link for vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img is here. The boot-oss-yesmagisk.img is a thread or two prior to the vbmeta link but do not use this image as it is no longer needed and since I've come across some issues with it. On a side note, Magisk is not working at this time. There has been much development work and progress with Magisk unfortunately a problem remains with the rooting on this device.

There is no harm in trying as you can always flash back a working boot.img in SPFT all by itselt however in my hunt for a working older versions of Magisk all fail to root so best to sit tight and hope for the best with the next update.

Thanks for this. Would be happy to wait around or be as a guinea pig (I have 2 of these phones laying around unused) as needed. I'll keep an eye on the thread for any requests.

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks for this. Would be happy to wait around or be as a guinea pig (I have 2 of these phones laying around unused) as needed. I'll keep an eye on the thread for any requests.
Did you happen to make a full backup image for each phone? It would involve using both WWR and SPFT. There is a link in an earlier post from jasonmerc on how to do this. The video is from a guy that goes by the name Hovatek.

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
I have not. For my purposes, there isn't much data on it to be worth backing up. I've using these to farm some beer money basically (play ads and earn some coin on it).
We could always use a second oem image as there is only mine for testing. You would need to do a factory restore to make sure is clean then do a full image backup. No pressure though.

We could always use a second oem image as there is only mine for testing. You would need to do a factory restore to make sure is clean then do a full image backup. No pressure though.

Do you want me to do this base on the yahoo stock rom or visible stock rom (both phones are visible phones, but the one i have been playing around with for the last few days has the yahoo stock rom loaded) or both stock roms?

I just did a quick search and can't seem to find a step by step instruction on how to do a full image backup. If you can point me to that, this is something I can do this weekend.

Edit: Is post 134 and 135 the right instructions using patcher-oss?

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Do you want me to do this base on the yahoo stock rom or visible stock rom (both phones are visible phones, but the one i have been playing around with for the last few days has the yahoo stock rom loaded) or both stock roms?

I just did a quick search and can't seem to find a step by step instruction on how to do a full image backup. If you can point me to that, this is something I can do this weekend.

Edit: Is post 134 and 135 the right instructions using patcher-oss?
Those two posts are for something else we were trying to get working.

The instructional video link is here. I'd suggest watching the video at least once to get some idea of what it involves. Essentially after WwR generates a watered down version of the scatter file you will use it in SPFT to get three files off the phone and those are used to whip up the actual phone 's image using WwR. It's not difficult just time consuming.

It would be great to get both the Visible and Yahoo for second backups though I am more interested in the Visible. I know I may be asking a lot but if you run into any difficulties let me know.

If successful at creating an image it would be best to zip it and put it on the cloud like mediafire or something similar and link it here for all to have access.

Update: You can put the three dump files and WwR initially generated scatter file on the cloud and I can generate the images. Generally try to make those available in a separate zip download. Don't put them in with the zipped images. Keep everything separate as the Visible and Yahoo files are different.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Those two posts are for something else we were trying to get working.

The instructional video link is here. I'd suggest watching the video at least once to get some idea of what it involves. Essentially after WwR generates a watered down version of the scatter file you will use it in SPFT to get three files off the phone and those are used to whip up the actual phone 's image using WwR. It's not difficult just time consuming.

It would be great to get both the Visible and Yahoo for second backups though I am more interested in the Visible. I know I may be asking a lot but if you run into any difficulties let me know.

If successful at creating an image it would be best to zip it and put it on the cloud like mediafire or something similar and link it here for all to have access.

Update: You can put the three dump files and final WwR generated scatter file for each phone on the cloud and I can generate the image. Generally try to make those available in a separate zip download. Don't put them in with the zipped images. Keep everything separate as the Visible and Yahoo files are different.

Thanks.

Happy to help. Whatever I can do to get root on these phones working well, I would be happy to do. I don't mind time consuming tasks. I just want to make sure I do it right. I'll watch the video over the weekend/next week and start working on it.

The visible phone I have haven't been turned on/touch yet. It's on whatever stock rom the phone shipped with when they had the free phone with one month of purchase promo a few months ago.. maybe it was last year. I don't recall. I'll start with that stock rom and send that off first. If that looks good, I'll do the Yahoo one or reflash with other visible rom that have been posted here.

I'll reach out on this board if I have any questions on this process.

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
Houston
yeah id be happy to have actually root to debloat. wasnt successful in my attempt... getting a new one waiting for it to shipp but have 2 others i dont want to mess with, hubbys and my standby that we use for various reasons... mine went fubar.. thought all the files are here in the thread... the last image i was given in this thread for visible works... will have to hunt hte scatter in this thread and it did work for me... the yahoo would load for a few minutes and then reboot and repeat for me... not sure why and never did get root...

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
yeah id be happy to have actually root to debloat. wasnt successful in my attempt... getting a new one waiting for it to shipp but have 2 others i dont want to mess with, hubbys and my standby that we use for various reasons... mine went fubar.. thought all the files are here in the thread... the last image i was given in this thread for visible works... will have to hunt hte scatter in this thread and it did work for me... the yahoo would load for a few minutes and then reboot and repeat for me... not sure why and never did get root...
The scatter file for the Visible ROM is in the same folder where you got the image from. Look for
Scatter.zip. Inside that folder is the scatter file and 3 other files you would use to unpack the entire Visible OEM image from scratch. You load those into WwR and presto!

Also is unusual to hear the Yahoo image is unstable. I go back and forth between the Visible and the Yahoo at a blink of a bats eye. No issues that I can see.

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
Houston
The scatter file for the Visible ROM is in the same folder where you got the image from. Look for
Scatter.zip. Inside that folder is the scatter file and 3 other files you would use to unpack the entire Visible OEM image from scratch. You load those into WwR and presto!

Also is unusual to hear the Yahoo image is unstable. I go back and forth between the Visible and the Yahoo at a blink of a bats eye. No issues that I can see.
idk every single time i flashed the yahoo one before i lost my imei somehow would reboot repeatedly... couldnt even get into setting before another reboot... was VERY unuseable for me

i have no clue what WwR is lol never used it very leery with out a step by step and currently dont have a device im willing to play with.. they are cheap though so i might buy one with no service and mess with that one that way Im not in the position im currently in with no phone until the new one arrives as they wanted me to ship "defective" device back first...

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
just for ****s and giggles, for a visible phone with yahoo rom loaded. is that now locked to yahoo? it doesn't matter to me (I'm on Tmobile), but just curious how the phone is locked. I assume Visible locked their phones down upon shipment
Both Visible and Yahoo use the Verizon towers and the phone is specifically locked to each operator that provides the ZTE Blade A3 Prime. Let's go a step further. If you were to use a sim that is activated with Verizon the phone will not work as it is locked and can only work with the original carrier's sim. So basically either a Visible or Yahoo branded sim with either stock firmware loaded.

Since it has yet not been at all possible to root the phone with the oem image your best bet to rooting is by loading a GSI image. Even then there are limits ie: cellular network shows is active but may or may not work for calling. You will need an active account with either Visible or Yahoo is my guess for this to work if it works at all with the GSI.

You may want to go the GSI route to see how useful it might be then can always revert back to stock at some point. Another thing to note is the GSI has a superuser apk utility for rooting so no Magisk or patching boot.img is necessary.

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
idk every single time i flashed the yahoo one before i lost my imei somehow would reboot repeatedly... couldnt even get into setting before another reboot... was VERY unuseable for me

i have no clue what WwR is lol never used it very leery with out a step by step and currently dont have a device im willing to play with.. they are cheap though so i might buy one with no service and mess with that one that way Im not in the position im currently in with no phone until the new one arrives as they wanted me to ship "defective" device back first...
This is quite strange that the Yahoo does that yet the Visible does not. Did you try to first format and afterwards load the image? It's possible you have a corrupt Yahoo image when you downloaded it. May want to re-download and try again.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-05-08 14-46-20.png
    Screenshot from 2021-05-08 14-46-20.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 1

lopestom

• Nov 7, 2012
    Archland - Narnia
    mewe.com
    Hi guys,

I warned jasonmerc a time ago about lost IMEI with FORMAT + Download or Firmware Upgrade in the SPFT.

Now I see one memeber here with that situation. Now you and other need know about how to prevent this discomfort in the future.
    The scatter file have 3 partitions about NvRam, NvData and NvCfg. Each user can remove/backup these partitions with SPFT before any actions!
    After that so you can make anything. If lost IMEI so reflashing that files the IMEI return.
    I can help one member abut that process or search in the internet about IMEI backup with SPFT.

Good Lucky!

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
    Hi guys,

I warned jasonmerc a time ago about lost IMEI with FORMAT + Download or Firmware Upgrade in the SPFT.

Now I see one memeber here with that situation. Now you and other need know about how to prevent this discomfort in the future.
    The scatter file have 3 partitions about NvRam, NvData and NvCfg. Each user can remove/backup these partitions with SPFT before any actions!
    After that so you can make anything. If lost IMEI so reflashing that files the IMEI return.
    I can help one member abut that process or search in the internet about IMEI backup with SPFT.

Good Lucky!
    Two observations from my own experience. First, when the phone is in bootloop there is no way that I have found to restore normal operation hence the need to FORMAT + Download. Second using the NvRam, NvData and NvCfg should be done only if you have an original NANDroid backup for your own phone otherwise it will restore the IMEI from another device and not the original one.

Now every utility or app that claims to work on the MTK 6761 platform fails to work on the Blade A3 Prime as it is a read only file system and most of these utilities requires root. My guess is if you can root the phone you should be able to have access to input the correct IMEI info.

On a last note. If there is a way to restore from a bootloop on the Blade A3 Prime phone and not have to resort to doing a
    FORMAT + Download I'd like for someone to share those steps. There are exceptions but when you flash a magisk patch and the vbmeta filled with zeros and get bootloop you're stuck no matter what.

Last edited:

lopestom

• Nov 7, 2012
    Archland - Narnia
    mewe.com
    Two observations from my own experience. First, when the phone is in bootloop there is no way that I have found to restore normal operation hence the need to FORMAT + Download. Second using the NvRam, NvData and NvCfg should be done only if you have an original NANDroid backup for your own phone otherwise it will restore the IMEI from another device and not the original one.

Now every utility or app that claims to work on the MTK 6761 platform fails to work on the Blade A3 Prime as it is a read only file system and most of these utilities requires root. My guess is if you can root the phone you should be able to have access to input the correct IMEI info.

On a last note. If there is a way to restore from a bootloop on the Blade A3 Prime phone and not have to resort to doing a
    FORMAT + Download I'd like for someone to share those steps. There are exceptions but when you flash a magisk patch and the vbmeta filled with zeros and get bootloop you're stuck no matter what.
    Agree. Yes! Each user SHOULD know how to do. Each device so each IMEI number.

Unfortunately some 32 bits devices has a problem with very tools at the moment.
    You can test MauiMETA (ModemMETA) DOWNLOAD the tool with your device.
    But as I know so 3~5 devices with same 32 bits cannot solving IMEI with that GREAT tool.
    So I help ZTE A7 2020 device & users with restoring IMEI for him. But need IMEI number original and TWRP. That's need time and time.

In Blade A3 Prime (Visible) is not different. But all security is need!
    A10 for NvRam, NvData and NvCfg files haven't logical partition!
    Yeah! MTK device can backuped with SPFT and obvius each file/partition too.

Well, write instructions for new members about IMEI and if need using FORMAT option. So more security has after with that's files (NvRam, NvData and NvCfg) backuped.

Cheers

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
    Agree. Yes! Each user SHOULD know how to do. Each device so each IMEI number.

Unfortunately some 32 bits devices has a problem with very tools at the moment.
    You can test MauiMETA (ModemMETA) DOWNLOAD the tool with your device.
    But as I know so 3~5 devices with same 32 bits cannot solving IMEI with that GREAT tool.
    So I help ZTE A7 2020 device & users with restoring IMEI for him. But need IMEI number original and TWRP. That's need time and time.

In Blade A3 Prime (Visible) is not different. But all security is need!
    A10 for NvRam, NvData and NvCfg files haven't logical partition!
    Yeah! MTK device can backuped with SPFT and obvius each file/partition too.

Well, write instructions for new members about IMEI and if need using FORMAT option. So more security has after with that's files (NvRam, NvData and NvCfg) backuped.

Cheers
    I tried 2 different versions of the MauiMeta and they did not work. The bootloader was unlocked and had the Orange state which is what you get once you do the fastboot flashing unlock. Will retry on a clean flash and no unlocking.

I'll post an update if successful.

Attachments

• Maui_Meta-v9.1724.25.00.png
      Maui_Meta-v9.1724.25.00.png
      144.9 KB · Views: 6
    • Modem_Meta-v101824.0.12.png
      Modem_Meta-v101824.0.12.png
      159.2 KB · Views: 6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Doing anything listed here will void your warranty. I don't know the laws where you are so assume it makes you a criminal. These things are posted here for educational purposes only. Never follow any guide if you don't understand the commands.

Enough BS, let's jump in.

For windows users. Installing drivers:
      1. Plug USB cable into PC.
      2. On the A3 prime, instead of using USB as charging, select use USB as Updating Firmware (i forget actual wording)
      3. A prompt will come up on Windows, install those drivers.
      4. Reboot.

Install adb and fastboot on your PC, it is up to you to do this.
      Enable developer options on your phone, and enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking.

In your CMD/Shell/Whatever you have.
      adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flashing unlock (use volume up to confirm)
      fastboot flashing unlock_critical (use volume up to confirm)

Congrats you've unlocked the bootloader.

Use 'fastboot reboot' to reboot if you haven't done so already.

-----

this is where the progress on this device comes to a halt.

The kernel source is available from opensource.ztedevices.com

The device codename is Z5157V, the Kernel they have is listed under Z5157V Q(10) Kernel(4.4.185)

What needs to happen next? Someone needs to compile the kernel from source.

Once that is done, they can extract the boot.img from it, use Magisk, and make a modified boot.img

Whoila, they will now have root. Once this person has root, they can extract recovery.img from the device, and we can begin making a custom TWRP, or who knows, maybe Team Win will pick it up (unlikely).

Once we have a custom recovery and working Magisk, it's just a matter of time before we start seeing custom ROMS.

If someone will sign up to be a guinea pig, or has an extra A3 Prime laying around I will continue development. I bricked mine because I was impulsive and honestly, kinda stupid. (browse through thread to see my idiocy)

Until such a time that I come to possess another A3 Prime OR someone steps up to provide a firmware dump, I am unable to help.

Good luck developing!
      Oh boy! GIS is working. See photos and the image that I used is also attached.
      Congrats!

Now you have the UNLOCKED free device.

Congratulations on your courage and attitude to learn, share and trust in @jasonmerc.

enjoy time and developments........
      :cowboy:
      Yeah, I bricked my device by flashing a universal MTK TWRP.

Came here to say this, do not flash universal MTK.

It is a soft brick, bootloops with no access to stock or TWRP recovery.

The phone's model number is Z5157V and the stock firmware is Z5157VV1.0.0B17 for google indexing reasons. Only place that MAY have it is behind a $40 pay wall.
      Managed to get the kernel from opensource.ztedevices.com, just beginning to work on it now (not sure how I'm gonna get my phone out of bootloop mode, but I'll solve it later)
      Thanks @desilynn79. I got it to work, by doing a format in SPFT and then following your instructions on flashing it
      good deal. im just waiting on my new one, they recieved the old one yesterday so, in theory the new one ships today.