• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Blade A3 Prime (Visible)

Search This thread

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
So I was able to get SPFT working with that tutorial. Thank you. I attempted a readback of boot.img using your instructions. I am receiving an error:

ERROR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (-1073348605) , MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.

no hint is given

Terminal gives this relevant output (unsure how to format correctly on this forum?)

--------------------------------------

Total wait time = -1614741745.000000
USB port is obtained. path name(/dev/ttyACM0), port name(/dev/ttyACM0)
USB port detected: /dev/ttyACM0
BROM connected
Downloading & Connecting to DA...
connect DA end stage: 2, enable DRAM in 1st DA: 0
Failed to Connect DA: STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL(-1073348605)
Disconnect!
BROM Exception! ( ERROR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (-1073348605) , MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.

[HINT]:
)((ConnectDA,../../../flashtool/Conn/Connection.cpp,146))
Connecting to BROM...
Scanning USB port...
Search usb, timeout set as 3600000 ms

--------------------------------------

In addition, when I plug the battery-less phone into the pc, the phone power cycles showing a dotted, red battery icon with a warning sign. SPFT throws that error after about 15 seconds. I tried both user and sudo.

I put the battery in, and plugged USB in without turning the phone on and attempted a readback as well. No dice there. Nothing happened after 5 minutes of waiting.

**EDIT**
I did some googling, and found https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...send_da_fail-0xc0060003.3707811/post-74617876

This post suggested I hold the volume down key and then plug in the usb. I now receive a different error:

---------------------------------------
Total wait time = -1614743845.000000
USB port is obtained. path name(/dev/ttyACM0), port name(/dev/ttyACM0)
USB port detected: /dev/ttyACM0
BROM connected
Downloading & Connecting to DA...
connect DA end stage: 2, enable DRAM in 1st DA: 0
Failed to Connect DA: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID(-1073545212)
Disconnect!
BROM Exception! ( ERROR : STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID (-1073545212) , MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.

The Preloader file format is invalid!
[HINT]:
Please retry another official load.)((ConnectDA,../../../flashtool/Conn/Connection.cpp,146))
----------------------------------------------------------------

I tried googling all these issues, and couldn't figure out what to do next.

What's the next step?
I am late responding on this one as I got onboard later in the game and struggled to sort out all of the errors I've gotten using SPFT. I too am on Linux most of the time and for some other applications on Windows. Each has their vices. However, I believe the error you are getting has to do with the USB port on the pc side. I could be it mat not supply enough power or power on the USB line is not stable and clean, and so on. I've run into this before and re-connecting to another USB port has cleared this up. I'd spent many hours chasing my tail on this one and it was that simple. Some have even suggested getting a separate USB hub and that seems to work too. Hope that works out.

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
A word of caution!
Before venturing on to root your Blade A3 Prime you must make a FULL NANDroid backup for each phone you are wanting to root. If you FAIL to do this and on the reboot the device gets stuck in an endless bootloop then the only recovery method is to do a Format All + Download in SPFT. Doing so has the potential to wipe clean the IMEI info which is stored in the nvdata file and your phone will no longer work on any cellular network!

Presently there aren't any utilities capable of restoring the IMEI on this device as it is a read only file system which as a result makes rooting problematic on the stock firmware. You can more easily get root on this phone by loading a GSI image but you will not be able to re-write the IMEI even though you are root because of the encryption used to hide it.

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Good News is here after all!
The newly released Magisk f822ca5b (23001) in the Canary branch provides us with some major fixes and as a result it is now able to root the Blade A3 Prime. Just a few short words of caution before rushing in to root this device.

Read thread #282 first!
Remember you should always have a FULL NANDroid backup for your device in case you run into trouble and then have to resort to a Format All + Download in SPFT to recover but then you run the bigger risk of erasing the IMEI info. Note that you can safely bring back the IMEI for your device using SPFT only if you have a backup of the nvdata file from the FULL NANDroid backup. You have been warned!

What I know is verified and works:
  1. Unlock the Bootloader in Developers options and turn ON USB debugging.
  2. Install Magisk and patch a copy of the boot-visible-oss-nomagisk.img attached below. Next copy the Magisk patched boot-oss-nomagisk.img to your Desktop.
  3. Do a adb reboot bootloader using a terminal emulator (cmd prompt for windows) on the pc. Watch for any pop ups asking for permissions on the phone.
  4. Make sure you are in => FASTBOOT mode . . . (lower left corner of the screen on device) once the phone has rebooted to the bootloader then on the pc type fastboot flashing unlock followed by a fastboot flashing unlock critical. Press enter plus VOL UP after you type each command on the phone to accept.
  5. Next flash the Magisk patched boot-visible-oss-nomagisk.img (attached): fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>
  6. Flash vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img to vbmeta (attached): fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification --skip-reboot flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>
  7. Lastly do a fastboot reboot.

Attachments

• vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img
    4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20210512_170316.png
    Screenshot_20210512_170316.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20210512_170406.png
    Screenshot_20210512_170406.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 30
  • boot-visible-oss-nomagisk.img
    17.4 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: luridphantom

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Read thread #282 and #283 first!
Attached is a Magisk patched boot-visible-oss-nomagisk.img that you can flash along with vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img to get you root on the Visible variant in the event you do not know how to use Magisk or may want to shorten the root process to one less step. Remember you need to unlock the bootloader in the Developer section on your phone and to do a fastboot flashing unlock and fastboot flashing unlock critical while the device is booted to the bootloader in => FASTBOOT mode . . . and before you can flash any file.

Note: Do not use the attached file to root the Yahoo variant !

Attachments

• magisk_patched-23001_CiVIi.img
    17.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

itsfitts

Jun 20, 2020
I hate to be this guy, but I installed the zte software and drivers that are given when selecting system update usb mode, and I cannot get fastboot to recognize the device. Adb works fine, but when entering fastboot mode with "adb reboot bootloader " any fastboot command such as "fastboot flashing unlock" reports waiting for device. I did update drivers and tried uninstalling/reinstalling them. Can someone advise me what I'm doing wrong please?

Bootloader unlock is enabled in dev settings btw

Edited for: typo

drewmol

Dec 11, 2018
New here, hello. Thanks for all the hard work! I just tried the above (flashing magisk_patched-23001_7pq6C.img and vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img) in fastboot and got to bootloop (Visable stock).
In the process of formatAll+download back to visable variant stock from this thread.

For those with issues with SPTF I've had some success (on Windows) by holding the volume down button and unplugging/replugging the device or restarting the download/readback operations so if your struggling try that. Also using a usb port with enough power (or just a different one).

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
@tlopez51 do we need to actually flash your magisk patched image to boot or can we use fastboot boot first? just curious if you've tried it since the images all boot unrooted for me. trying to be cautious because i'm not sure how to get a nandroid backup without recovery

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
update: am using a backed up copy of my boot.img to keep restoring my phone through spft because no matter what i try, even with magisk canary, my visible zte a3 prime keeps bootlooping itself after the vbmeta/boot flash

Jerry12798

update: am using a backed up copy of my boot.img to keep restoring my phone through spft because no matter what i try, even with magisk canary, my visible zte a3 prime keeps bootlooping itself after the vbmeta/boot flash
We're in the same boat.. me and a few others are experiencing the same issue. Not sure what the issue is either

Basically as soon as I posted this I actually booted with root. I've assisted the others that was attempting this with me but they've not had success yet. A few is still bootlooping and another says she isn't bootlooping but can't boot into Android.

I'm now going to attempt trying that GSI. I didn't make a backup before I attempted rooting this device unfortunately.. now I've erased the IMEI and not am not completely sure how I could regain it.

Last edited:

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
We're in the same boat.. me and a few others are experiencing the same issue. Not sure what the issue is either

Basically as soon as I posted this I actually booted with root. I've assisted the others that was attempting this with me but they've not had success yet. A few is still bootlooping and another says she isn't bootlooping but can't boot into Android.

I'm now going to attempt trying that GSI. I didn't make a backup before I attempted rooting this device unfortunately.. now I've erased the IMEI and not am not completely sure how I could regain it.
what's your steps to root your device? i've already unlocked my bootloader but am not sure which build/device everyone is using. my phone is the visible variant

for restoring the imei, i'm not sure if it will 100% work but hovatek forum has a guide for any format + download restores. i've been super careful to only use download only when i reflash my boot img after bootloops

Jerry12798

what's your steps to root your device? i've already unlocked my bootloader but am not sure which build/device everyone is using. my phone is the visible variant

for restoring the imei, i'm not sure if it will 100% work but hovatek forum has a guide for any format + download restores. i've been super careful to only use download only when i reflash my boot img after bootloops
My device is originally the Visible variant (Z5157V). I just flash to the stock Yahoo variant (Z5157Y) and then do the steps below. I'm using the modified magisk image @tlopez51 sent when flashing boot.

1) Enable Developer Options

2) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

3) Boot to Bootloader
adb reboot bootloader

4) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
fastboot devices

5) Proceed with Unlocking
(Press Volume Up After Each Command to Confirm)
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flashing unlock_critical

6) Reboot Device
fastboot reboot

7) Enable USB Debugging Again
(OEM Unlock Should be Grayed Out & Enabled)

8) Boot to Bootloader
adb reboot bootloader

9) Flash VBmeta
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

10) Flash Modded Boot Image
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>

Last edited:
Reactions: luridphantom

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
oh you had to flash the yahoo variant first, thats pretty much the only step i didn't take. the oss boot file from tlopez doesn't work with the visible variant for some reason

guess i need to readback my entire rom first before i flash the yahoo build and root my device. were the others who were bootlooping using visible or yahoo?

Jerry12798

oh you had to flash the yahoo variant first, thats pretty much the only step i didn't take. the oss boot file from tlopez doesn't work with the visible variant for some reason

guess i need to readback my entire rom first before i flash the yahoo build and root my device. were the others who were bootlooping using visible or yahoo?
They was GABB and Visible. We just flash to stock Yahoo and after that it all went good aside from some lost IMEIs. No one is bootlooping anymore. I'd presume you'd just need to have the NANDroid backup beforehand so you can get IMEI and other things back once you flash to stock Yahoo or after you flash the patched boot image

Jerry12798

seems like its a choice between losing my IMEIs vs root since for some reason the visible builds are unrootable
Well if you properly backed up before rooting you should be able to recover the IMEI. I've yet to find anyway to get the IMEI back without having the data from the NANDroid backup. Unfortunately since I didn't backup myself, I too am not able to use cellular on my device. Hopefully someone will soon have a method to recover or rewrite our IMEIs

Update: MediaTek Man @lopestom sent me instructions for how to properly flash GSI's on Android 10 devices. This was the message he sent to me directly, in response to the instructions I posted before:

Maybe he need try flashing in the system_a partition for test.
When have vbmeta mod flashed so may be not need flash that again. Only if have error flashing GSI.img so try reflashing vbmeta too.

I wrote this for me and other users A10 a time ago:

1. You need know the difference about fastboot and FASTBOOTD in your device!!
Your device has bootloader mode: recovery - fastboot - reboot (system)
Stock recovery has very options: reboot system - reboot to bootloader - wipe - Enter fastboot - ...
reboot to bootloader => normal fastboot
Enter fastboot => FASTBOOTD
FASTBOOTD => some options

2. Device in fastboot
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

3. fastboot -w

4. fastboot reboot fastboot
(you MUST be at the FASTBOOTD menu now. If not, you will not be able to flash the GSI successfully)

5. fastboot erase system
or
fastboot delete-logical-partition system

6. fastboot delete-logical-partition product
- deletes the product partition, allowing a larger system partition

I not need resize-logical-partition product. But if you want:
You will need a larger system partition to flash a GSI. There are 2 ways to achieve this
6A. fastboot resize-logical-partition product 509344768
6B. fastboot resize-logical-partition system 3089272064 or 3889272064
resizes product and system partitions. This gives you about 3GB of system partitions. You can adjust or arrive at your own numbers if you want different sizes.

7. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash system GSI.img

8. fastboot -w
for confirm great & fast start GSI

9. fastboot reboot bootloader
9A. fastboot erase userdata
for confirm and boot clean

10. Reboot to system
fastboot reboot
Enjoy
!

EDIT: He also sent me something else called Treble Toolkit, that's a nice GUI for doing a lot of Treble related stuff. Maybe this can help us too:

Thank you for sharing my work!

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
I hate to be this guy, but I installed the zte software and drivers that are given when selecting system update usb mode, and I cannot get fastboot to recognize the device. Adb works fine, but when entering fastboot mode with "adb reboot bootloader " any fastboot command such as "fastboot flashing unlock" reports waiting for device. I did update drivers and tried uninstalling/reinstalling them. Can someone advise me what I'm doing wrong please?

Bootloader unlock is enabled in dev settings btw

Edited for: typo

The phone needs to be in bootloader mode to use the fastboot commands such as "fastboot flashing unlock".
At the => FASTBOOT mode screen on the phone do a fastboot flashing unlock. Press VOL UP on the phone to accept.

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
New here, hello. Thanks for all the hard work! I just tried the above (flashing magisk_patched-23001_7pq6C.img and vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img) in fastboot and got to bootloop (Visable stock).
In the process of formatAll+download back to visable variant stock from this thread.

For those with issues with SPTF I've had some success (on Windows) by holding the volume down button and unplugging/replugging the device or restarting the download/readback operations so if your struggling try that. Also using a usb port with enough power (or just a different one).

Flashing the phone's oem boot.img with Magisk will not work as outlined in my instructions. Instead, flash the boot-oss-nomagisk.img that is attached in thread #283 or can use the already patched one attached in thread #284.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry12798

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
@tlopez51 do we need to actually flash your magisk patched image to boot or can we use fastboot boot first? just curious if you've tried it since the images all boot unrooted for me. trying to be cautious because i'm not sure how to get a nandroid backup without recovery

Do not use a copy of the phone's boot.img to patch with Magisk as it will render the phone in an endless bootloop on reboot. Instead, as per instructions, either patch a copy of the boot-oss-nomagisk.img with Magisk or use the already patched one I had attached to thread #284.

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011

I've looked at Hovatek for a recovery method but nothing on his site works on the ZTE Blade A3 Prime. Reason is the phone's file system is read only so any attempts to recover the IMEI by software will not work and being the IMEI is stored in a file once that file is erased the IMEI is gone and can only be restored from a backup.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received, opened, and unlocked the bootloader. The fun shall commence soon. Just need to go back and refresh myself on everything we've discovered before I do something stupid in SPFT.

Flashed yahoo mobile through SPFT. The key is, you have to HOLD VOLUME DOWN AS YOU PLUG THE PHONE IN FOR SPFT TO WORK!!!
    Found a great GSI, Lineage 18.1. Make sure you get the a64_bvS_vndk one.

Instructions for flashing GSI are as follows. Modified from tlopez's instructions to work better:

Before doing this make sure you flash the blanked out vbmeta either via fastboot or SPFT. You also need to be running the latest fastboot, which I think is v31.5 or something like that. Anything older won't work right with the delete-logical-partition command below.

Press and hold "VOL-UP" then press and hold the "POWER" button and wait a few seconds.
    At the ZTE logo screen let go at all the buttons and wait for the "Android Recovery" screen to appear.
    Press the VOL-DOWN button twice to hi-lite "Enter fastboot".
    Next press the "POWER" button once to enter the "fastbootd" mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fastboot -w

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fastboot delete-logical-partition system

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification --skip-reboot --slot all flash system IMAGE.img

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fastboot reboot
    Yea a commenter from your blog was the first to figure that out about SPFT.. I should have mentioned it here somewhere sooner. Just curious.. are you going to be using Yahoo, Visible, or GSI primarily?
    Running the Lin 18.1 GSI mentioned above. Currently working on patching the boot image so I can have Magisk root. After that, will try to figure out where the recovery image is stored and how to modify it, so we can have TWRP on here. This is all new territory for me. No idea where any of this stuff is or what to do, but giving it my best shot.
    Well I had issues doing it as explained in the post you linked originally and now that post is for the steps for the Visible firmware to my knowledge. I am confused why tlopez has the instructions how he does but I got Visible to work with his files and my steps but I'm sticking with Yahoo for the speed and easy process. The steps I'm linking below work for me on the Yahoo firmware
    Please attach your EXACT boot image that you have that works with Magisk then. I'll need it to flash
    Here I will make a complete guide to root the ZTE Blade A3 Prime with all the required files attached for ease of access. It is REQUIRED to CREATE a FULL NANDroid Backup before even reading this guide. If you fail to do so then you will loose the ability to connect to cell phone towers to make calls, send/receive texts, and use your mobile data from your plan. Even if this is a WiFi Only device for you some apps may not work that use your IMEI as sort of identification or otherwise needs the IMEI as it the IMEI will show as Null, N/A, or Not Available. You can fix this by simply flashing your NVDATA file in SPFT from the NANDroid Backup you made.

1) Flash Stock Yahoo Firmware [Z5157Y-Stock-ROM.zip Attached Below]

2) Enable Developer Options

3) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

4) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

5) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

6) Proceed with Unlocking
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock critical

7) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

8) Enable USB Debugging Again

9) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

10) Flash VBmeta [Z5157Y-vbmeta.img Attached Below]
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

11) Flash Modded Boot Image [Z5157Y-Root.img Attached Below]
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>

~ I like to flash stock firmware by using the Format All + Download Option in SPFT (Smart Phone Flash Tool) just to ensure nothing from the previous firmware is left behind.

~ If you encounter bootloops and need to flash back to stock with SPFT then you may have some issues. This can easily be fixed with the steps below.
    1) Open SPFT
    2) Take Out Your Battery
    3) Open MT6761_Android_scatter.txt in SPFT by Selecting Choose beside Scatter-loading File and navigating to Z5157Y-Stock-ROM
    4) Select in the Dropdown Box the Format All + Download Option (Dropdown Box is below the Authentication File Option)
    5) Plug Charger Cord in PC (Do NOT Plug in Phone Yet)
    6) Click Download (It has a Green Downward Arrow above it)
    7) Reinsert Battery & Place Back Case on Phone
    8) Hold Volume Down & Plug in Charger Cord to Phone
    9) Keep Holding Volume Down until Red Line Appears at Bottom of SPFT
    10) Once You See the Red Line & Release Volume Down the Line will Turn Yellow
    11) Wait for OK Message to be Displayed
    12) Reboot Device

After this you should be back on the stock Yahoo firmware and can either stay here or try rooting again.
    No I haven't gotten root on the Visible firmware. I have root on the Yahoo firmware. We don't know what is causing the bootlooping when trying to flash the magisk boot image on the Visible firmware. I'll attach the steps below of what I did to get root on the Yahoo firmware.. keep in mind my device originally had the Visible firmware (Z5157V) on it.

1) Flash Stock Yahoo Firmware (Z5157Y)

2) Enable Developer Options

3) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

4) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

5) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

6) Proceed with Unlocking
    fastboot flashing unlock

7) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

8) Enable USB Debugging Again

9) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

10) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)

11) Flash Modded Boot Image (Obtained from thread #284)
    View attachment 5382835View attachment 5382837
    gonna borrow your steps and tweak it for any visible users:

1) Enable Developer Options

2) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

3) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

4) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

5) Proceed with Unlocking
    fastboot flashing unlock

6) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

7) Enable USB Debugging Again

8) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

9) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)

10) Flash Boot OSS unpatched Image (Obtained from thread #215) (SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU'RE CONFIDENT PATCHING WILL NOT BOOTLOOP YOUR DEVICE)

11) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

12) If step 11 works without bootlooping, install magisk canary 23001 and patch boot file from step 10

13) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

14) Flash magisk patched OSS boot image

15) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot
    I hope so too. Hope to understand this /super partition crap. I can't guarantee anything, but now that I'll have one, I can work much faster than solely doing it via messages like this and waiting for someone else to test.
    Good news, won the bid. Wait a week or two and I'll be in the game for real
    @tlopez51 I've been gone for a while, looks like a LOT happened in the span of 2 months. Would you be cool giving a TLDR summary of the progress? It looks like Magisk is finally working, that's great!
    Good to hear from you. Surely I would help in anyway to provide an update but I am not familiar with TLDR. Also, just like you I had dropped out after the last and final Magisk release but periodically would check in.

Just recent there's been a spark of interest on this project and I see some folks have had some issues. Thanks to member luridphantom for keeping a watchful eye to help others while I slept at the wheel.

Overall I think the most pressing problem is the result of wiping clean the IMEI to recover from the endless bootloop status. This would not be an issue at all if an oem rom backup was available to restore from. I myself have one such phone. You may recall I had jumped right into this project failing to take a snapshot of the oem rom due to that I was having some issues at the time but nevertheless took the risk. Unfortunately many did not heed to the warnings I too posted. As a result, I went ahead and revised my previous guides and hopefully any new comer will not fall into the same trap.

Just an FYI.
    From all of my research the IMEI is not hard coded on this phone as far as I can tell but working to find out where it was kept it turns out is in the nvdata file which you will have from a backup. You can always flash this file back and it will restore the IEMI. In a pinch, you can flash the nvdata file from a working phone to another ZTE Blade A3 Prime where the IMEI was wiped clean to get data and calling features working again.

As you may know, topjohnwu is no longer working on the Magisk project so I think we hit a wall on any new or further developments. Not sure we can push this project any further along.

Let me know your thoughts.
    Good to hear from you. Surely I would help in anyway to provide an update but I am not familiar with TLDR. Also, just like you I had dropped out after the last and final Magisk release but periodically would check in.

Just recent there's been a spark of interest on this project and I see some folks have had some issues. Thanks to member luridphantom for keeping a watchful eye to help others while I slept at the wheel.

Overall I think the most pressing problem is the result of wiping clean the IMEI to recover from the endless bootloop status. This would not be an issue at all if an oem rom backup was available to restore from. I myself have one such phone. You may recall I had jumped right into this project failing to take a snapshot of the oem rom due to that I was having some issues at the time but nevertheless took the risk. Unfortunately many did not heed to the warnings I too posted. As a result, I went ahead and revised my previous guides and hopefully any new comer will not fall into the same trap.

Just an FYI.
    From all of my research the IMEI is not hard coded on this phone as far as I can tell but working to find out where it was kept it turns out is in the nvdata file which you will have from a backup. You can always flash this file back and it will restore the IEMI. In a pinch, you can flash the nvdata file from a working phone to another ZTE Blade A3 Prime where the IMEI was wiped clean to get data and calling features working again.

As you may know, topjohnwu is no longer working on the Magisk project so I think we hit a wall on any new or further developments. Not sure we can push this project any further along.

Let me know your thoughts.
    I was actually the one helping people here as well as others from the Discord but eh oh well lol. So there's no way to modify the nvdata file?
    So we cannot flash between variants then? Like visible should not flash yahoo? I'll update my AF post when I get a computer to access it on. I take it this somehow boot looped and wiped peoples devices. Which is weird, because I recall you doing it before and you had no issues.

Be careful too with IMEI changing, in certain countries like the USA it's *basically* illegal to wipe or change the IMEI of your phone to something else, the only exception being to restore a lost one (that came with the device).

I did not know Magisk support stopped. Did he say why? What will replace it? That's a shame since Magisk seemed to be the only way to get root access these days.
    Actually the only way I was able to get root was by first flashing the Yahoo stock firmware from your site.. I'm unable to get root on the Visible variant no matter what I try