• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Blade A3 Prime (Visible)

Search This thread

tyson1331

Sep 2, 2021
So I managed to lose my IMEI....I have a full rom dump from spft as a single image. Is there a way to split/restore this image. I tried to download MTK Partition Editor, but it keeps getting detected as a virus.

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
Good stuff. Are the sources up on Github?
sorry guys i fell asleep anyways i have the image ready

first backup your boot image because this twrp image if it works most likely wont boot into system because of how the script i used works

now

boot into bootloader mode
execute these commands:

fastboot --disable-verification --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash boot ZTE_TWRP.img
fastboot reboot recovery

if it get stuck on the twrp splash screen then reboot back into bootloader mode and execute

fastboot format userdata

now fastboot reboot recovery

it should boot and now since this is still experimental PLEASE TELL ME WHAT PARTITIONS MOUNT AND DONT MOUNT BECAUSE I MAY NEED TO EDIT THE FSTAB TWRP USES

Attachments

• ZTE_TWRP.img
    22.7 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: jasonmerc

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
sorry guys i fell asleep anyways i have the image ready

first backup your boot image because this twrp image if it works most likely wont boot into system because of how the script i used works

now

boot into bootloader mode
execute these commands:

fastboot --disable-verification --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash boot ZTE_TWRP.img
fastboot reboot recovery

if it get stuck on the twrp splash screen then reboot back into bootloader mode and execute

fastboot format userdata

now fastboot reboot recovery

it should boot and now since this is still experimental PLEASE TELL ME WHAT PARTITIONS MOUNT AND DONT MOUNT BECAUSE I MAY NEED TO EDIT THE FSTAB TWRP USES
This image was ported from the ZTE Z5157V [U.S.A] 394760B0587YH_US_Z5157YV1.0.0B05 Image

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
So I managed to lose my IMEI....I have a full rom dump from spft as a single image. Is there a way to split/restore this image. I tried to download MTK Partition Editor, but it keeps getting detected as a virus.
Open file with 7-zip.
You will see files separated by partition. Now try to unzip only the necessary files like NVRAM;NVDATA;NVCFG and rename to nvram.bin; nvdata.bin; nvcfg.bin for flashing with SPFT.
Obviously you have to modify the scatter file to install these files or use the Write Memory option.

tyson1331

Sep 2, 2021
Open file with 7-zip.
You will see files separated by partition. Now try to unzip only the necessary files like NVRAM;NVDATA;NVCFG and rename to nvram.bin; nvdata.bin; nvcfg.bin for flashing with SPFT.
Obviously you have to modify the scatter file to install these files or use the Write Memory option.
So now I have valid partition images now, but they won't flash because they are un-signed. Sorry for all the noob questions. I am a software developer, so pretty comfortable with code/tech, but don't know a ton about android's file system etc....

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
So now I have valid partition images now, but they won't flash because they are un-signed. Sorry for all the noob questions. I am a software developer, so pretty comfortable with code/tech, but don't know a ton about android's file system etc....
I haven't device in my hands. @jasonmerc has one and can put better instructions to you.
When you unlocked (I think you made) so the device can flashed with SPFT without "unsigned" files because the files NVRAM,......., not need that.
You need try. Again you need have more knowledge or jasonmerc or other user here can help with steps using SPFT for flashing files.

tyson1331

Sep 2, 2021
I haven't device in my hands. @jasonmerc has one and can put better instructions to you.
When you unlocked (I think you made) so the device can flashed with SPFT without "unsigned" files because the files NVRAM,......., not need that.
You need try. Again you need have more knowledge or jasonmerc or other user here can help with steps using SPFT for flashing files.
IMEI fixed. Thanks all for pointing me in the right direction.

Reactions: lopestom

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
I'll try to flash the stuff to my phone now. Will flash TWRP to the boot slot now.

EDIT: Flashed TWRP (to the boot slot) and vbmeta, it only creates bootloops. No luck.

Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I'll try to flash the stuff to my phone now. Will flash TWRP to the boot slot now.

EDIT: Flashed TWRP (to the boot slot) and vbmeta, it only creates bootloops. No luck.
Okay guys. Let me explain:

I don't have your device on hand for testing, let alone any A/B device (_a; _b).
But at a future time I believe I will need to have a TWRP for the boot partition. I've been compiling the TWRP from Team Win sources for some time ago and it's neither hard nor easy. It depends a lot on the user experience on giving the correct information and how the device ROM was built.
In the case with ZTE Blade/Yahoo, we clearly have the inclusion of company information and some particulars that make a big difference or will just be inconspicuous on something.

The attached file contains version 3.5.2_10 boot_a.img which has been compiled from sources for anyone here to test.
But I make a big WARNING! I cannot guarantee it will work.
Backup everything you can before any test installation of the file!

This is a second file I made. The first file (3.5.1_10) is with jasonmerc and I don't know the result. But I think it has a 99% chance of not starting. So I did this 3.5.2_10 to have a better chance of knowing.
The TWRP3.5.2_10/boot_a.img file contains minimal information and file dependencies. Then anything can happen.

Good luck and let me know the installation steps and the result.

Attachments

• ZTE_Z5157-BladeA3PrimeYahoo-TWRP-Test2.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Love
Reactions: Jerry12798

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey man I hope u don’t mind but do u mind telling me how u made ur twrp tree because I’m planning to build twrp for my device and the tree i made is pretty 💩 because when building it can’t find bootctrl
    Never mind I found lopestoms device tree for another mt6761 phone (oukitel wp5) I edited the tree added my own fstab and built the twrp is flawless thanks lopestom for the tree
    No I haven't gotten root on the Visible firmware. I have root on the Yahoo firmware. We don't know what is causing the bootlooping when trying to flash the magisk boot image on the Visible firmware. I'll attach the steps below of what I did to get root on the Yahoo firmware.. keep in mind my device originally had the Visible firmware (Z5157V) on it.

1) Flash Stock Yahoo Firmware (Z5157Y)

2) Enable Developer Options

3) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

4) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

5) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

6) Proceed with Unlocking
    (Press Volume Up After Each Command to Confirm)
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

7) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

8) Enable USB Debugging Again
    (OEM Unlock Should be Grayed Out & Enabled)

9) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

10) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

11) Flash Modded Boot Image (Obtained from thread #284)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>
    View attachment 5382835View attachment 5382837
    gonna borrow your steps and tweak it for any visible users:

1) Enable Developer Options

2) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

3) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

4) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

5) Proceed with Unlocking
    (Press Volume Up After Each Command to Confirm)
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

6) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

7) Enable USB Debugging Again
    (OEM Unlock Should be Grayed Out & Enabled)

8) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

9) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

10) Flash Boot OSS unpatched Image (Obtained from thread #215) (SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU'RE CONFIDENT PATCHING WILL NOT BOOTLOOP YOUR DEVICE)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>

11) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

12) If step 11 works without bootlooping, install magisk canary 23001 and patch boot file from step 10

13) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

14) Flash magisk patched OSS boot image

15) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot
    I hope so too. Hope to understand this /super partition crap. I can't guarantee anything, but now that I'll have one, I can work much faster than solely doing it via messages like this and waiting for someone else to test.
    Good news, won the bid. Wait a week or two and I'll be in the game for real
    @tlopez51 I've been gone for a while, looks like a LOT happened in the span of 2 months. Would you be cool giving a TLDR summary of the progress? It looks like Magisk is finally working, that's great!
    Good to hear from you. Surely I would help in anyway to provide an update but I am not familiar with TLDR. Also, just like you I had dropped out after the last and final Magisk release but periodically would check in.

Just recent there's been a spark of interest on this project and I see some folks have had some issues. Thanks to member luridphantom for keeping a watchful eye to help others while I slept at the wheel.

Overall I think the most pressing problem is the result of wiping clean the IMEI to recover from the endless bootloop status. This would not be an issue at all if an oem rom backup was available to restore from. I myself have one such phone. You may recall I had jumped right into this project failing to take a snapshot of the oem rom due to that I was having some issues at the time but nevertheless took the risk. Unfortunately many did not heed to the warnings I too posted. As a result, I went ahead and revised my previous guides and hopefully any new comer will not fall into the same trap.

Just an FYI.
    From all of my research the IMEI is not hard coded on this phone as far as I can tell but working to find out where it was kept it turns out is in the nvdata file which you will have from a backup. You can always flash this file back and it will restore the IEMI. In a pinch, you can flash the nvdata file from a working phone to another ZTE Blade A3 Prime where the IMEI was wiped clean to get data and calling features working again.

As you may know, topjohnwu is no longer working on the Magisk project so I think we hit a wall on any new or further developments. Not sure we can push this project any further along.

Let me know your thoughts.
    Good to hear from you. Surely I would help in anyway to provide an update but I am not familiar with TLDR. Also, just like you I had dropped out after the last and final Magisk release but periodically would check in.

Just recent there's been a spark of interest on this project and I see some folks have had some issues. Thanks to member luridphantom for keeping a watchful eye to help others while I slept at the wheel.

Overall I think the most pressing problem is the result of wiping clean the IMEI to recover from the endless bootloop status. This would not be an issue at all if an oem rom backup was available to restore from. I myself have one such phone. You may recall I had jumped right into this project failing to take a snapshot of the oem rom due to that I was having some issues at the time but nevertheless took the risk. Unfortunately many did not heed to the warnings I too posted. As a result, I went ahead and revised my previous guides and hopefully any new comer will not fall into the same trap.

Just an FYI.
    From all of my research the IMEI is not hard coded on this phone as far as I can tell but working to find out where it was kept it turns out is in the nvdata file which you will have from a backup. You can always flash this file back and it will restore the IEMI. In a pinch, you can flash the nvdata file from a working phone to another ZTE Blade A3 Prime where the IMEI was wiped clean to get data and calling features working again.

As you may know, topjohnwu is no longer working on the Magisk project so I think we hit a wall on any new or further developments. Not sure we can push this project any further along.

Let me know your thoughts.
    I was actually the one helping people here as well as others from the Discord but eh oh well lol. So there's no way to modify the nvdata file?
    So we cannot flash between variants then? Like visible should not flash yahoo? I'll update my AF post when I get a computer to access it on. I take it this somehow boot looped and wiped peoples devices. Which is weird, because I recall you doing it before and you had no issues.

Be careful too with IMEI changing, in certain countries like the USA it's *basically* illegal to wipe or change the IMEI of your phone to something else, the only exception being to restore a lost one (that came with the device).

I did not know Magisk support stopped. Did he say why? What will replace it? That's a shame since Magisk seemed to be the only way to get root access these days.
    Actually the only way I was able to get root was by first flashing the Yahoo stock firmware from your site.. I'm unable to get root on the Visible variant no matter what I try