• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Blade A3 Prime (Visible)

Search This thread

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I'm trying these now

UPDATE: None of these worked either unfortunately and yielded the same issue once at the TWRP splash screen
The ideal thing to know if it really works is to have the device in stock ROM without passwords or personal settings. It's better not to have magisk at the moment because I don't know how much one gets in the way either.
I can't ask anyone to want to lose settings and data right now. Even more that I'm not sure of the functionality, but without confirming everything I ask, we can also keep running in circles.

Time now to see if anyone can try to install the test TWRP file in the ideal condition.

Code:
09-20 17:34:20.554   566   566 W libc    : Unable to set property "ro.crypto.state" to "encrypted": error code: 0xb
09-20 17:34:20.556   566   566 W libc    : Unable to set property "ro.crypto.type" to "file": error code: 0xb

Can you please post here any photo starting TWRP?

Reactions: Jerry12798

Jerry12798

The ideal thing to know if it really works is to have the device in stock ROM without passwords or personal settings. It's better not to have magisk at the moment because I don't know how much one gets in the way either.
I can't ask anyone to want to lose settings and data right now. Even more that I'm not sure of the functionality, but without confirming everything I ask, we can also keep running in circles.

Time now to see if anyone can try to install the test TWRP file in the ideal condition.

Code:
09-20 17:34:20.554   566   566 W libc    : Unable to set property "ro.crypto.state" to "encrypted": error code: 0xb
09-20 17:34:20.556   566   566 W libc    : Unable to set property "ro.crypto.type" to "file": error code: 0xb

Can you please post here any photo starting TWRP?
Ok well I'm willing to do that to help I just didn't know if it was necessary. I'll flash stock with SPFT then try the commands again. I'll go ahead and attach a photo of TWRP trying to start as per your request

Attachments

• 20210920_155314.jpg
    20210920_155314.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • Love
Reactions: lopestom
Here I will make a complete guide to root the ZTE Blade A3 Prime with all the required files attached for ease of access. It is REQUIRED to CREATE a FULL NANDroid Backup before even reading this guide. If you fail to do so then you will loose the ability to connect to cell phone towers to make calls, send/receive texts, and use your mobile data from your plan. Even if this is a WiFi Only device for you some apps may not work that use your IMEI as sort of identification or otherwise needs the IMEI as it the IMEI will show as Null, N/A, or Not Available. You can fix this by simply flashing your NVDATA file in SPFT from the NANDroid Backup you made.

1) Flash Stock Yahoo Firmware [Z5157Y-Stock-ROM.zip Attached Below]

2) Enable Developer Options

3) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

4) Boot to Bootloader
adb reboot bootloader

5) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
fastboot devices

6) Proceed with Unlocking
(Press Volume Up After Each Command to Confirm)
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flashing unlock critical

7) Reboot Device
fastboot reboot

8) Enable USB Debugging Again
(OEM Unlock Should be Grayed Out & Enabled)

9) Boot to Bootloader
adb reboot bootloader

10) Flash VBmeta [Z5157Y-vbmeta.img Attached Below]
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

11) Flash Modded Boot Image [Z5157Y-Root.img Attached Below]
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>

~ I like to flash stock firmware by using the Format All + Download Option in SPFT (Smart Phone Flash Tool) just to ensure nothing from the previous firmware is left behind.

~ If you encounter bootloops and need to flash back to stock with SPFT then you may have some issues. This can easily be fixed with the steps below.
1) Open SPFT
2) Take Out Your Battery
3) Open MT6761_Android_scatter.txt in SPFT by Selecting Choose beside Scatter-loading File and navigating to Z5157Y-Stock-ROM
4) Select in the Dropdown Box the Format All + Download Option (Dropdown Box is below the Authentication File Option)
5) Plug Charger Cord in PC (Do NOT Plug in Phone Yet)
6) Click Download (It has a Green Downward Arrow above it)
7) Reinsert Battery & Place Back Case on Phone
8) Hold Volume Down & Plug in Charger Cord to Phone
9) Keep Holding Volume Down until Red Line Appears at Bottom of SPFT
10) Once You See the Red Line & Release Volume Down the Line will Turn Yellow
11) Wait for OK Message to be Displayed
12) Reboot Device

After this you should be back on the stock Yahoo firmware and can either stay here or try rooting again.

Where can I find the Z5157Y-Stock-ROM.zip? It's not attached in this post?

tcs100

Oct 14, 2021
Those two posts are for something else we were trying to get working.

The instructional video link is here. I'd suggest watching the video at least once to get some idea of what it involves. Essentially after WwR generates a watered down version of the scatter file you will use it in SPFT to get three files off the phone and those are used to whip up the actual phone 's image using WwR. It's not difficult just time consuming.

It would be great to get both the Visible and Yahoo for second backups though I am more interested in the Visible. I know I may be asking a lot but if you run into any difficulties let me know.

If successful at creating an image it would be best to zip it and put it on the cloud like mediafire or something similar and link it here for all to have access.

Update: You can put the three dump files and WwR initially generated scatter file on the cloud and I can generate the images. Generally try to make those available in a separate zip download. Don't put them in with the zipped images. Keep everything separate as the Visible and Yahoo files are different.

Thanks.
I am trying to create a backup for my Visible A3 Prime, build number Z5157VV1.0.0B11. I created the scatter file with Wwr per Hovatek's video but when i try to do a EMMC_BOOT1 Readback with SPFT, I get;

ERROR: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID
THE PRELOADER FILE FORMAT IS INVALID!
PLEASE TRY ANOTHER OFFICIAL LOAD

From the scatter file I am using Start address 0x0 and length 0x80000. I'm wondering if the newer Visible phones use a different scatter file. I've tried it holding down the volume down button and without.

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
I am trying to create a backup for my Visible A3 Prime, build number Z5157VV1.0.0B11. I created the scatter file with Wwr per Hovatek's video but when i try to do a EMMC_BOOT1 Readback with SPFT, I get;

From the scatter file I am using Start address 0x0 and length 0x80000. I'm wondering if the newer Visible phones use a different scatter file. I've tried it holding down the volume down button and without.
Don’t put a

don’t put a size it’ll automatically fill in for u in sp tool

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
I tried reading back EMMC_BOOT1 without putting a length value and got the same error. I've tried two different computers and two different data cables. I'll try to wade through the log files.

Has anyone successfully backed up using the hovatek video procedure?
WwR creates an empty scatter file with partition_size: 0x80000 but it should be partition_size: 0x40000 instead. Edit the WwR created empty scatter file and change from partition_size: 0x80000 to partition_size: 0x40000 and see if that works. I think this is how I got it to work and do believe Hovatek may also have mentioned it in the video but don't recall for certain.

The final scatter file should look similar to the below once you have successfully created a full ROM backup. Note the below example is not the complete contents of the actual scatter file that is generated in the end but serves to show the proper partition size and is the same for the Visible and Yahoo phone variants.

#
#########################################__WwR_MTK_2.50__###################################################
- general: MTK_PLATFORM_CFG
info:
- config_version: V1.1.2
platform: MT6761
project: k61v1_32_bsp_hdp
storage: EMMC
boot_channel: MSDC_0
block_size: 0x20000
############################################################################################################
#
# Layout Setting
#
############################################################################################################
- partition_index: SYS0
partition_name: preloader
file_name: preloader_k61v1_32_bsp_hdp.bin
is_download: true
type: SV5_BL_BIN
linear_start_addr: 0x0
physical_start_addr: 0x0
partition_size: 0x40000
region: EMMC_BOOT_1
storage: HW_STORAGE_EMMC
boundary_check: true
is_reserved: false
operation_type: BOOTLOADERS
is_upgradable: true
empty_boot_needed: false
reserve: 0x00

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
Can you try?

20210920_155314-jpg.5414769

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Copy of untouched Visible Initial Rom Dump created with WwR 2.50 which should allow you to get a full image dump of your phone using WwR while also following Hovatek's proceedure.

Attachments

• vs_rom_dump.zip
    133.1 KB · Views: 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you try?

20210920_155314-jpg.5414769
    Most certainly. Will need to get all setup for it. Give me a day to wipe my desk clean from dust ; )
    Your device lost IMEI testing TWRP?
    No not during TWRP testing. Happened when I first joined this forum and could not succeed at making a backup then went ahead with testing. Eventually the "Format All + Download" was only way to recover from bootloop. Got another phone afterwards and created a backup with that one while it was not yet turned ON so backup is clean and have good nvdata which works on the phone with the missing IMEI but only for testing purpose. So I know nvdata from any phone can work on another phone that's how I found where IMEI is stored though we all know is not legal to share IMEI.
    No success yet with TWRP on clean recovery image. First attempt only flashed modded boot.img. Next will try both modded.img and vbmeta hack.

Second attempt. Flashed modded boot_a.img and vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img. Next sent command fastboot reboot fastboot then TWRP partially working (see attached pics).

Next clean reboot phone. --> battery out then in --> power ON button only. TWRP screen comes up but will not enter into TWRP. Same as before as when rooted TWRP screen flashes ON/OFF repeatedly. Stuck there in an endless loop.
    This is from the testing of ZTE_Z5157-BladeA3PrimeYahoo-TWRP-Test2.zip. Partially working after flashing the hacked boot_a.img and vbmeta files and then sending a --> [fastboot reboot fastboot] command allowed TRWP to get this far. Note on a reboot to android bluetooth no longer functions.

Note also I had to do a complete wipe of the phone ie: "Download All + Format" in SPFT.
    No I haven't gotten root on the Visible firmware. I have root on the Yahoo firmware. We don't know what is causing the bootlooping when trying to flash the magisk boot image on the Visible firmware. I'll attach the steps below of what I did to get root on the Yahoo firmware.. keep in mind my device originally had the Visible firmware (Z5157V) on it.

1) Flash Stock Yahoo Firmware (Z5157Y)

2) Enable Developer Options

3) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

4) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

5) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

6) Proceed with Unlocking
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

7) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

8) Enable USB Debugging Again

9) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

10) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

11) Flash Modded Boot Image (Obtained from thread #284)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>
    View attachment 5382835View attachment 5382837
    gonna borrow your steps and tweak it for any visible users:

1) Enable Developer Options

2) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

3) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

4) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

5) Proceed with Unlocking
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

6) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

7) Enable USB Debugging Again

8) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

9) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)

10) Flash Boot OSS unpatched Image (Obtained from thread #215) (SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU'RE CONFIDENT PATCHING WILL NOT BOOTLOOP YOUR DEVICE)

11) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

12) If step 11 works without bootlooping, install magisk canary 23001 and patch boot file from step 10

13) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

14) Flash magisk patched OSS boot image

15) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot
    I hope so too. Hope to understand this /super partition crap. I can't guarantee anything, but now that I'll have one, I can work much faster than solely doing it via messages like this and waiting for someone else to test.
    Good news, won the bid. Wait a week or two and I'll be in the game for real
    @tlopez51 I've been gone for a while, looks like a LOT happened in the span of 2 months. Would you be cool giving a TLDR summary of the progress? It looks like Magisk is finally working, that's great!
    Good to hear from you. Surely I would help in anyway to provide an update but I am not familiar with TLDR. Also, just like you I had dropped out after the last and final Magisk release but periodically would check in.

Just recent there's been a spark of interest on this project and I see some folks have had some issues. Thanks to member luridphantom for keeping a watchful eye to help others while I slept at the wheel.

Overall I think the most pressing problem is the result of wiping clean the IMEI to recover from the endless bootloop status. This would not be an issue at all if an oem rom backup was available to restore from. I myself have one such phone. You may recall I had jumped right into this project failing to take a snapshot of the oem rom due to that I was having some issues at the time but nevertheless took the risk. Unfortunately many did not heed to the warnings I too posted. As a result, I went ahead and revised my previous guides and hopefully any new comer will not fall into the same trap.

Just an FYI.
    From all of my research the IMEI is not hard coded on this phone as far as I can tell but working to find out where it was kept it turns out is in the nvdata file which you will have from a backup. You can always flash this file back and it will restore the IEMI. In a pinch, you can flash the nvdata file from a working phone to another ZTE Blade A3 Prime where the IMEI was wiped clean to get data and calling features working again.

As you may know, topjohnwu is no longer working on the Magisk project so I think we hit a wall on any new or further developments. Not sure we can push this project any further along.

Let me know your thoughts.
    Good to hear from you. Surely I would help in anyway to provide an update but I am not familiar with TLDR. Also, just like you I had dropped out after the last and final Magisk release but periodically would check in.

Just recent there's been a spark of interest on this project and I see some folks have had some issues. Thanks to member luridphantom for keeping a watchful eye to help others while I slept at the wheel.

Overall I think the most pressing problem is the result of wiping clean the IMEI to recover from the endless bootloop status. This would not be an issue at all if an oem rom backup was available to restore from. I myself have one such phone. You may recall I had jumped right into this project failing to take a snapshot of the oem rom due to that I was having some issues at the time but nevertheless took the risk. Unfortunately many did not heed to the warnings I too posted. As a result, I went ahead and revised my previous guides and hopefully any new comer will not fall into the same trap.

Just an FYI.
    From all of my research the IMEI is not hard coded on this phone as far as I can tell but working to find out where it was kept it turns out is in the nvdata file which you will have from a backup. You can always flash this file back and it will restore the IEMI. In a pinch, you can flash the nvdata file from a working phone to another ZTE Blade A3 Prime where the IMEI was wiped clean to get data and calling features working again.

As you may know, topjohnwu is no longer working on the Magisk project so I think we hit a wall on any new or further developments. Not sure we can push this project any further along.

Let me know your thoughts.
    I was actually the one helping people here as well as others from the Discord but eh oh well lol. So there's no way to modify the nvdata file?
    So we cannot flash between variants then? Like visible should not flash yahoo? I'll update my AF post when I get a computer to access it on. I take it this somehow boot looped and wiped peoples devices. Which is weird, because I recall you doing it before and you had no issues.

Be careful too with IMEI changing, in certain countries like the USA it's *basically* illegal to wipe or change the IMEI of your phone to something else, the only exception being to restore a lost one (that came with the device).

I did not know Magisk support stopped. Did he say why? What will replace it? That's a shame since Magisk seemed to be the only way to get root access these days.
    Actually the only way I was able to get root was by first flashing the Yahoo stock firmware from your site.. I'm unable to get root on the Visible variant no matter what I try