• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Blade A3 Prime (Visible)

Search This thread

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Can you try?

20210920_155314-jpg.5414769
Most certainly. Will need to get all setup for it. Give me a day to wipe my desk clean from dust ; )

Reactions: lopestom

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Where can I find the Z5157Y-Stock-ROM.zip? It's not attached in this post?
Visible phone variant link is below. The Yahoo is posted much earlier.

Use this link as a last resort to recover from a failed boot but note it will not restore your IMEI if you did not initially make a backup of your phone's nvdata file. Hopefully further developments may give us a way to undo that.

Last edited:

tcs100

Oct 14, 2021
I looked at the log files for SPFT and it looks like my A3 Prime build xxxxxx.0B11 has enabled da authentication. Does anyone else have a 0B11 build?

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
I looked at the log files for SPFT and it looks like my A3 Prime build xxxxxx.0B11 has enabled da authentication. Does anyone else have a 0B11 build?
Authentication is easy to bypass

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
I'm trying to make a backup but readback produces a invalid preloader error, see above. The GLB log shows communication until a certain point and then says flashtool_connect_da_fail.
TLDR. Are u trying to back-up a virgin phone? One that hasn't been turned ON yet or was turned ON and has gone through the first time user set up phases but has not had it's BOOT.IMG file modified in any way?

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Can you try?

20210920_155314-jpg.5414769
I am working on a Magisked Rooted Visible phone where I had lost the IMEI early on in the project cycle so not an issue for me to try first while rooted. Warning! I do not recommend for anyone else to try this!

So after flashing then powering ON while pressing both PWR and VOL+ buttons brings up the Teamwin initial screen but can't get passed it only just a repeat ON/OFF cycling or flashing effect of the screen shown here.

Now doing a complete recovery and will report on what happens next. For those that are not familiar, this means doing the destructive "Format ALL + Download" in SPFT which will wipe clean any info about your phone's IMEI namely the nvdata file. So if you do not have a full backup of your phone you will not be able to use your phone over any cellular network.

You have been warned not to try this!

Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I am working on a Magisked Rooted Visible phone where I had lost the IMEI early on in the project cycle so not an issue for me to try first while rooted. Warning! I do not recommend for anyone else to try this!

So after flashing then powering ON while pressing both PWR and VOL+ buttons brings up the Teamwin initial screen but can't get passed it only just a repeat ON/OFF cycling or flashing effect of the screen shown here.

Now doing a complete recovery and will report on what happens next. For those that are not familiar, this means doing the destructive "Format ALL + Download" in SPFT which will wipe clean any info about your phone's IMEI namely the nvdata file. So if you do not have a full backup of your phone you will not be able to use your phone over any cellular network.

You have been warned not to try this!
Your device lost IMEI testing TWRP?

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Your device lost IMEI testing TWRP?
No not during TWRP testing. Happened when I first joined this forum and could not succeed at making a backup then went ahead with testing. Eventually the "Format All + Download" was only way to recover from bootloop. Got another phone afterwards and created a backup with that one while it was not yet turned ON so backup is clean and have good nvdata which works on the phone with the missing IMEI but only for testing purpose. So I know nvdata from any phone can work on another phone that's how I found where IMEI is stored though we all know is not legal to share IMEI.

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
No success yet with TWRP on clean recovery image. First attempt only flashed modded boot.img. Next will try both modded.img and vbmeta hack.

Second attempt. Flashed modded boot_a.img and vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img. Next sent command fastboot reboot fastboot then TWRP partially working (see attached pics).

Next clean reboot phone. --> battery out then in --> power ON button only. TWRP screen comes up but will not enter into TWRP. Same as before as when rooted TWRP screen flashes ON/OFF repeatedly. Stuck there in an endless loop.

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_142415_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20211015_142415_Bokeh.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211015_142305_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20211015_142305_Bokeh.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211015_142320_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20211015_142320_Bokeh.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Steps to a Non-Destructive endless bootloop or bricked condition recovery.

Note the below steps may or may not always work but in many cases it seems to.

1) Open SPFT and go to the Format tab as shown in the below attached right most pic. Set all fields as shown in the photo.

2) Have phone on hand but with no battery inserted and no USB cable connected to the phone as of yet.

3) Make sure one end of the USB cable is firmly connected to the PC.

4) In SPFT click on the Start button (blue right triangle) at the top.

5) On the phone insert the battery and press and hold the VOL - button.

6) Connect the USB cable to the phone.

7) Wait for the flashing process to finish. It should be quick.

8) In the next step you will need to have on hand a minimal rom backup of your phone or an image that is compatible with the phone type either Visible or Yahoo.

9) In SPFT go to the Download tab and setup all fields as shown in the pic attached below and to the far left. You will need to flash both preloader and boot_a oem backed up files only so make sure those are the only two with a check mark next to them. Everything else is unchecked.

10) Repeat steps 2 then step 3 above.

11) In SPFT click on the Download (green down arrow) button.

12) On the phone insert the battery and press and hold the VOL - button.

13) Connect the USB cable to the phone.

14) Wait for the flashing process to finish. Less than 30 seconds.

15) Disconnect the USB cable from the phone.

16) Shut OFF the phone.

17) Remove the battery and give it 8 seconds.

18) Re-insert the battery and Power ON as normal. The phone should boot as normal. If not, repeat from step 1 above.

19) Go through the user setups.

20) Set up the Developer Menu as before.

Attachments

• Download Flash.JPG
    Download Flash.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Manual Format Flash.JPG
    Manual Format Flash.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
No success yet with TWRP on clean recovery image. First attempt only flashed modded boot.img. Next will try both modded.img and vbmeta hack.

Second attempt. Flashed modded boot_a.img and vbmeta_Mod-MT6761-10.img. Next sent command fastboot reboot fastboot then TWRP partially working (see attached pics).

Next clean reboot phone. --> battery out then in --> power ON button only. TWRP screen comes up but will not enter into TWRP. Same as before as when rooted TWRP screen flashes ON/OFF repeatedly. Stuck there in an endless loop.
Now lopestorm needs to know what doesn’t work like partition mounts and stuff

ryujin88

Sep 19, 2021
Hello yesterday I flashed the rom you guys linked to my zte blade a3 prime and rooted it via majisk and fastboot, however I did not know sp flash tool formated the whole phone and I lost both of my imei numbers. I still have both of the imei numbers in a text file on my computer but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to restore them, really sucks for me.

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
Hello yesterday I flashed the rom you guys linked to my zte blade a3 prime and rooted it via majisk and fastboot, however I did not know sp flash tool formated the whole phone and I lost both of my imei numbers. I still have both of the imei numbers in a text file on my computer but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to restore them, really sucks for me.
The yahoo rom has database files so u can restore that way using tools like modem meta the visible rom I’m not sure cause there’s no dump yet

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Did u do a backup prior to doing any testing? If you did the file you need is nvdata which u can restore with SPFT.

To be clear, if you flashed the Magisked boot.img file that Magisk creates via the command prompt you are not erasing anything related to your phone's IMEI. And if using SPFT, it does not erase anything if using it to Download and not Format which is a separate option all in itself. That being the case, you must have used the "Download ALL + Format" option under the Download tab in SPFT and in which case yes it will erase the IMEI.

I will assume the rooting attempt did not go well the first time and got stuck in an endless bootloop and then used the "Download ALL + Format" to recover.

Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com

Okay. Thank you vr+ for your time man!

You really went further than @Jerry12798. So it motivates me to continue.

My doubts about your photos: You couldn't get any other options besides Reboot and the fastboot option screen?

Yes, I know there is a lot to fix. I thought at the start that it wouldn't even start on the device, usually a black screen.
But Wow! I see Jerry and you now to fix whatever is necessary.

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
Okay. Thank you vr+ for your time man!

You really went further than @Jerry12798. So it motivates me to continue.

My doubts about your photos: You couldn't get any other options besides Reboot and the fastboot option screen?

Yes, I know there is a lot to fix. I thought at the start that it wouldn't even start on the device, usually a black screen.
But Wow! I see Jerry and you now to fix whatever is necessary.
While I had TWRP in what had appeared to be running for each time I selected an option it would just bring me back to the screen where you have to move the slider at the bottom of the screen to the far right to get back into the options. The thing is, it ran once I had flashed the two files and rebooted back to fastboot instead of doing a hard reboot. Once you reboot out of recovery your stuck in the endless flashing TWRP screen.

One good thing to come from this lead me to write post #472. Seems to work so far every time I get stuck in some form of a boot loop.

Last edited:

tlopez51

Jan 25, 2011
unfourunatly no, I know you cannot upload the file due to copyright law but is there anyway I can find one to flash @tlopez51
No backups done by others include the file you need otherwise you'd be using someone elses' IMEI which wud probably result in it getting flagged and banned eventually by the network. Unfortunate both the Visible and Yahoo versions work only on the Verizon Network so it be easy for them to detect the same IMEIs in use by two separate devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey man I hope u don’t mind but do u mind telling me how u made ur twrp tree because I’m planning to build twrp for my device and the tree i made is pretty 💩 because when building it can’t find bootctrl
    Never mind I found lopestoms device tree for another mt6761 phone (oukitel wp5) I edited the tree added my own fstab and built the twrp is flawless thanks lopestom for the tree
    No I haven't gotten root on the Visible firmware. I have root on the Yahoo firmware. We don't know what is causing the bootlooping when trying to flash the magisk boot image on the Visible firmware. I'll attach the steps below of what I did to get root on the Yahoo firmware.. keep in mind my device originally had the Visible firmware (Z5157V) on it.

1) Flash Stock Yahoo Firmware (Z5157Y)

2) Enable Developer Options

3) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

4) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

5) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

6) Proceed with Unlocking
    (Press Volume Up After Each Command to Confirm)
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

7) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

8) Enable USB Debugging Again
    (OEM Unlock Should be Grayed Out & Enabled)

9) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

10) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

11) Flash Modded Boot Image (Obtained from thread #284)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>
    View attachment 5382835View attachment 5382837
    gonna borrow your steps and tweak it for any visible users:

1) Enable Developer Options

2) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

3) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

4) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

5) Proceed with Unlocking
    (Press Volume Up After Each Command to Confirm)
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

6) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

7) Enable USB Debugging Again
    (OEM Unlock Should be Grayed Out & Enabled)

8) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

9) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

10) Flash Boot OSS unpatched Image (Obtained from thread #215) (SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU'RE CONFIDENT PATCHING WILL NOT BOOTLOOP YOUR DEVICE)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>

11) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

12) If step 11 works without bootlooping, install magisk canary 23001 and patch boot file from step 10

13) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

14) Flash magisk patched OSS boot image

15) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot
    I hope so too. Hope to understand this /super partition crap. I can't guarantee anything, but now that I'll have one, I can work much faster than solely doing it via messages like this and waiting for someone else to test.
    Good news, won the bid. Wait a week or two and I'll be in the game for real
    @tlopez51 I've been gone for a while, looks like a LOT happened in the span of 2 months. Would you be cool giving a TLDR summary of the progress? It looks like Magisk is finally working, that's great!
    Good to hear from you. Surely I would help in anyway to provide an update but I am not familiar with TLDR. Also, just like you I had dropped out after the last and final Magisk release but periodically would check in.

Just recent there's been a spark of interest on this project and I see some folks have had some issues. Thanks to member luridphantom for keeping a watchful eye to help others while I slept at the wheel.

Overall I think the most pressing problem is the result of wiping clean the IMEI to recover from the endless bootloop status. This would not be an issue at all if an oem rom backup was available to restore from. I myself have one such phone. You may recall I had jumped right into this project failing to take a snapshot of the oem rom due to that I was having some issues at the time but nevertheless took the risk. Unfortunately many did not heed to the warnings I too posted. As a result, I went ahead and revised my previous guides and hopefully any new comer will not fall into the same trap.

Just an FYI.
    From all of my research the IMEI is not hard coded on this phone as far as I can tell but working to find out where it was kept it turns out is in the nvdata file which you will have from a backup. You can always flash this file back and it will restore the IEMI. In a pinch, you can flash the nvdata file from a working phone to another ZTE Blade A3 Prime where the IMEI was wiped clean to get data and calling features working again.

As you may know, topjohnwu is no longer working on the Magisk project so I think we hit a wall on any new or further developments. Not sure we can push this project any further along.

Let me know your thoughts.
    Good to hear from you. Surely I would help in anyway to provide an update but I am not familiar with TLDR. Also, just like you I had dropped out after the last and final Magisk release but periodically would check in.

Just recent there's been a spark of interest on this project and I see some folks have had some issues. Thanks to member luridphantom for keeping a watchful eye to help others while I slept at the wheel.

Overall I think the most pressing problem is the result of wiping clean the IMEI to recover from the endless bootloop status. This would not be an issue at all if an oem rom backup was available to restore from. I myself have one such phone. You may recall I had jumped right into this project failing to take a snapshot of the oem rom due to that I was having some issues at the time but nevertheless took the risk. Unfortunately many did not heed to the warnings I too posted. As a result, I went ahead and revised my previous guides and hopefully any new comer will not fall into the same trap.

Just an FYI.
    From all of my research the IMEI is not hard coded on this phone as far as I can tell but working to find out where it was kept it turns out is in the nvdata file which you will have from a backup. You can always flash this file back and it will restore the IEMI. In a pinch, you can flash the nvdata file from a working phone to another ZTE Blade A3 Prime where the IMEI was wiped clean to get data and calling features working again.

As you may know, topjohnwu is no longer working on the Magisk project so I think we hit a wall on any new or further developments. Not sure we can push this project any further along.

Let me know your thoughts.
    I was actually the one helping people here as well as others from the Discord but eh oh well lol. So there's no way to modify the nvdata file?
    So we cannot flash between variants then? Like visible should not flash yahoo? I'll update my AF post when I get a computer to access it on. I take it this somehow boot looped and wiped peoples devices. Which is weird, because I recall you doing it before and you had no issues.

Be careful too with IMEI changing, in certain countries like the USA it's *basically* illegal to wipe or change the IMEI of your phone to something else, the only exception being to restore a lost one (that came with the device).

I did not know Magisk support stopped. Did he say why? What will replace it? That's a shame since Magisk seemed to be the only way to get root access these days.
    Actually the only way I was able to get root was by first flashing the Yahoo stock firmware from your site.. I'm unable to get root on the Visible variant no matter what I try