Blade A3 Prime (Visible)

Search This thread

dtingley11222

Nov 16, 2020
First, always dump your stock rom with these tools: https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient

This is called mtkclient. It reverse engineers download mode so that we can pull down the flash. Once you put your phone in download mode, use this command to back up the whole flash

python mtk rf flash.bin

Now that we've made a backup, we can start screwing around with the phone.

Inside of that flash bin you can find all the partitions inside of it. Look for boot.img and vbmeta.img. After you find both of those, use magisk manager to root the stock boot.img.

Now we can also use this mtkclient software to unlock the bootloader. But we first have to erase metadata, userdata, and md_udc.

python mtk e metadata, userdata, md_udc

Now we can unlock the bootloader.

python mtk da seccfg unlock

After unlocking the bootloader, you can now flash partitions. Flash your patched boot.img in bootloader mode.

Fastboot flash boot (patched boot.img)

Now we need our original vbmeta. We need to flash it while disabling verification.

Fastboot - - disable-verity - - disable-verification flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img)

And that's it! Enjoy your rooted phone :)

areallydumbperson

First, always dump your stock rom with these tools: https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient

This is called mtkclient. It reverse engineers download mode so that we can pull down the flash. Once you put your phone in download mode, use this command to back up the whole flash

python mtk rf flash.bin

Inside of that flash bin you can find all the partitions inside of it. Look for boot.img and vbmeta.img. After you find both of those, use magisk manager to root the stock boot.img.

Now we can also use this mtkclient software to unlock the bootloader. But we first have to erase metadata, userdata, and md_udc.

After unlocking the bootloader, you can now flash partitions. Flash your patched boot.img in bootloader mode.

Now we need our original vbmeta. We need to flash it while disabling verification.

Hey uh I think there was an already existing root guide but atleast there’s a simpler one ig

Reactions: dtingley11222

wkv2101

Aug 4, 2011

python mtk rf flash.bin

hahaha hey razer lol

Reactions: dtingley11222

dtingley11222

Nov 16, 2020
So I flashed the gsi that tlopez51 said to use, but wifi, Bluetooth, and hotspot doesn't work. When I tap the toggle for it to turn on, it just turns itself back off. With bluetooth the blutooth app just crashes. Is there any way to fix this? I have root btw.

FFSmusher

Oct 13, 2010
Hey all, great work on this phone so far. I have followed the instructions for the Visible Z5157V, flashed yahoo firmware, unlocked bootloader and installed magisk img. My phone is rooted now and "Working". I havn't installed any additional software, but my phone is restarting about 5 minutes into each boot even when I have made 0 actions on the phone. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences like this, or any suggestions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No I haven't gotten root on the Visible firmware. I have root on the Yahoo firmware. We don't know what is causing the bootlooping when trying to flash the magisk boot image on the Visible firmware. I'll attach the steps below of what I did to get root on the Yahoo firmware.. keep in mind my device originally had the Visible firmware (Z5157V) on it.

1) Flash Stock Yahoo Firmware (Z5157Y)

2) Enable Developer Options

3) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

4) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

5) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

6) Proceed with Unlocking
    (Press Volume Up After Each Command to Confirm)
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

7) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

8) Enable USB Debugging Again
    (OEM Unlock Should be Grayed Out & Enabled)

9) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

10) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

11) Flash Modded Boot Image (Obtained from thread #284)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>
    View attachment 5382835View attachment 5382837
    gonna borrow your steps and tweak it for any visible users:

1) Enable Developer Options

2) Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging in Developer Options

3) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

4) Ensure Device is Recognized by PC
    fastboot devices

5) Proceed with Unlocking
    (Press Volume Up After Each Command to Confirm)
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical

6) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

7) Enable USB Debugging Again
    (OEM Unlock Should be Grayed Out & Enabled)

8) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

9) Flash VBmeta (Obtained from thread #283)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta <PATH-TO-VBMETA-FILE-HERE>

10) Flash Boot OSS unpatched Image (Obtained from thread #215) (SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU'RE CONFIDENT PATCHING WILL NOT BOOTLOOP YOUR DEVICE)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash boot <PATH-TO-BOOT-IMAGE-FILE-HERE>

11) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot

12) If step 11 works without bootlooping, install magisk canary 23001 and patch boot file from step 10

13) Boot to Bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

14) Flash magisk patched OSS boot image

15) Reboot Device
    fastboot reboot
    I hope so too. Hope to understand this /super partition crap. I can't guarantee anything, but now that I'll have one, I can work much faster than solely doing it via messages like this and waiting for someone else to test.
    Good news, won the bid. Wait a week or two and I'll be in the game for real
    Oh boy! GIS is working. See photos and the image that I used is also attached.
    Congrats!

Now you have the UNLOCKED free device.

Congratulations on your courage and attitude to learn, share and trust in @jasonmerc.

enjoy time and developments........
    :cowboy:
    Update: MediaTek Man @lopestom sent me instructions for how to properly flash GSI's on Android 10 devices. This was the message he sent to me directly, in response to the instructions I posted before:

Maybe he need try flashing in the system_a partition for test.
    When have vbmeta mod flashed so may be not need flash that again. Only if have error flashing GSI.img so try reflashing vbmeta too.

I wrote this for me and other users A10 a time ago:

1. You need know the difference about fastboot and FASTBOOTD in your device!!
    Your device has bootloader mode: recovery - fastboot - reboot (system)
    Stock recovery has very options: reboot system - reboot to bootloader - wipe - Enter fastboot - ...
    reboot to bootloader => normal fastboot
    Enter fastboot => FASTBOOTD
    FASTBOOTD => some options

2. Device in fastboot
    fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

3. fastboot -w

4. fastboot reboot fastboot
    (you MUST be at the FASTBOOTD menu now. If not, you will not be able to flash the GSI successfully)

5. fastboot erase system
    or
    fastboot delete-logical-partition system

6. fastboot delete-logical-partition product
    - deletes the product partition, allowing a larger system partition

I not need resize-logical-partition product. But if you want:
    You will need a larger system partition to flash a GSI. There are 2 ways to achieve this
    6A. fastboot resize-logical-partition product 509344768
    6B. fastboot resize-logical-partition system 3089272064 or 3889272064
    resizes product and system partitions. This gives you about 3GB of system partitions. You can adjust or arrive at your own numbers if you want different sizes.

7. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash system GSI.img

8. fastboot -w
    for confirm great & fast start GSI

9. fastboot reboot bootloader
    9A. fastboot erase userdata
    for confirm and boot clean

10. Reboot to system
    fastboot reboot
    Enjoy
    !

EDIT: He also sent me something else called Treble Toolkit, that's a nice GUI for doing a lot of Treble related stuff. Maybe this can help us too: