Blank Screen on phone when using Phone.

Search This thread

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
When I make or receive a call the screen on my 9A immediately blanks and I can do nothing until the call ends.

How can I prevent this from happening?

yaro666

Feb 16, 2008
Królewska Huta
don't put it to your head.

clean proximity sensor or remove glass/foil protection. My 9a often yells that my sensor is blocked, but I have it on the table or car seat, so no way.

there are codes to test every single part of phone (maintenance or service menu)

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
don't put it to your head.

clean proximity sensor or remove glass/foil protection. My 9a often yells that my sensor is blocked, but I have it on the table or car seat, so no way.

there are codes to test every single part of phone (maintenance or service menu)
I don't put it to my head - I don't get the chance.
As soon as a call comes in the screen goes blank.
I took off the screen protector and cleaned the glass - no improvement.
In the Proximity test menu it should show a value of 5 and go to 0 when it is covered - but it never shows 5, and is stuck on 0.

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
I wondered if cleaning the proximity sensor may help, so I followed this video to do that -

At 2:05 in the video, he takes out a small black piece and then cleans the back of the glass in the opening.
I don't have that piece, does anyone know what it is?

yaro666

Feb 16, 2008
Królewska Huta
try to calibrate it INSTRUCTIONS

if that doesn't help you can try to use flat screwdriver and scratch glass where Proximity sensor is placed (the glass).

I have encountered it in some iPhones aftermarket LCDs (the dark layer was too thick)

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
try to calibrate it INSTRUCTIONS

if that doesn't help you can try to use flat screwdriver and scratch glass where Proximity sensor is placed (the glass).

I have encountered it in some iPhones aftermarket LCDs (the dark layer was too thick)
Thanks

Can't seem to find anywhere to calibrate - can't turn it off either (unlike in previous versions)

I will try scratching the glass.

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
I tried scratching the glass - no luck.
I wonder if the problem is the piece shown in the above video - which is not on my phone .

yaro666

Feb 16, 2008
Królewska Huta
if you still have it i. parts, just boot to android, go to service menu and test sensor on the table (don't put it beside LCDs glass).

if it still doesn't work, it would be a good idea to replace it (xiaomi parts are cheap).

Or go to youtube and search for xiaomi proximity calibration

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
if you still have it i. parts, just boot to android, go to service menu and test sensor on the table (don't put it beside LCDs glass).

if it still doesn't work, it would be a good idea to replace it (xiaomi parts are cheap).

Or go to youtube and search for xiaomi proximity calibration
When I go into the menus to test the proximity sensor (*#*#6484#*#* on the phone keypad) it should have a value of 5 until you cover the sensor at which point it should changs to 0. Mine shows 0 constantly - implying the sensor is covered.

Where can I get the parts - I am in the UK.

yaro666

Feb 16, 2008
Królewska Huta
for me it gets value 1 when nothing is close and 0 when I approach sensor.

just go to aliexpress, amazon, ebay, etc. there are tons of shops qith parts