• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bliss OS Install on Dell Venue 8 (7840)

Search This thread

StarSage

Nov 1, 2014
Palmyra
univozpods.net
I've downloaded the ISO for Bliss OS 11.13 (64bit for Intel Atom processor), created a Live USB using Rufus on Win10 and am trying to figure out how to install it to the my Dell Venue 8 7840 (running Android 5.1, unlocked and rooted). But the installer doesn't recognize there's an android tablet connected via usb.

I've ensured that the my Dell Venue 8 7840 (unlocked, rooted running Android 5.1) has both the MTP Dell drivers as well as the ADB drivers in Windows 10 and I can launch a terminal and run typical ADB/Fastboot commands and the device responds.

I've tried using all of the available "Allwinner" usb tools (PhoenixSuit, Phoenix USB Pro and LiveSuit) but none of these will accept the iso file I've downloaded directly from the Bliss OS site. Am I doing something wrong? My tablet isn't supported by CWM/TWRP or any of the major custom ROMS (LineageOS etc) so I can't update passed the current Android 5.1 as Dell no longer manufactures Android tablets.

Please tell me if anyone has been able to successfully install Bliss OS on an Intel Atom based Android tablet

Thanks