• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

Bliss OS (x86) for PC's - 12.x Development - Beta Builds

bfmetcalf

Feb 22, 2011
I tried out the secretcode, but it didn't work, so i openned the script and checked. Your implementation is wrong, it will never work. I did write the correct word, but it didn't do a thing. So i copied the correct download link from the script and went directly there...
Worked fine for me and a bunch of others.

Skorpion96

Aug 28, 2014
Palermo
I'm trying to install on VirtualBox but always fail, I have tried auto installation and boot from iso but nothing happens, and for the hdd it not found the drive

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I tried out the secretcode, but it didn't work, so i openned the script and checked. Your implementation is wrong, it will never work. I did write the correct word, but it didn't do a thing. So i copied the correct download link from the script and went directly there...
Must be why it never worked for any others either

Also, you do know I have two scripts to detect it, right?

Last edited:

wizzdome

Jan 10, 2012
Denver
Just a quick note... the reason i was looking for root was because i was using a program to fix my screen resolution. I found however that when installing this i can use the upgrade option and my resolution remained the same... not sure if i still have root, but when it initially booted it still gave me a toast message saying that i had an internal problem... which is funny cause it was such a vague notification... okay well what is wrong lol... anyhow so far so good..

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Just a quick note... the reason i was looking for root was because i was using a program to fix my screen resolution. I found however that when installing this i can use the upgrade option and my resolution remained the same... not sure if i still have root, but when it initially booted it still gave me a toast message saying that i had an internal problem... which is funny cause it was such a vague notification... okay well what is wrong lol... anyhow so far so good..
That pop-up is due to me using microG core with Google Play instead of google GMS core

wizzdome

Jan 10, 2012
Denver
This is a relief cause i thought it was gonna tell me that my display is messed up... I have this inch on the left side of my screen that looks like a bunch of black lines over whatever the color is at the top left of the screen for a background. The touch aspect of it works fine but the display is messed up i think it has something to do with the graphic card as they fixed the same problem when it was under waranty... so i just change my display resolution to not include that inch which takes an inch off the other side as well, but hey it's a 23" touch screen and mobile gaming on it is great! So thank you for your continued development of this branch, I appreciate it.

QUOTE=electrikjesus;81026439]That pop-up is due to me using microG core with Google Play instead of google GMS core[/QUOTE]

ostrolk

Mar 16, 2016
Without ramdisk.img it fails to run, even in live mode.
Earlier Bliss OSs ran in my laptop, and Remix and Phoenix too. (All kinds of Linuxes and Android OSs run on my laptop in UEFI mode. )

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Without ramdisk.img it fails to run, even in live mode.
Earlier Bliss OSs ran in my laptop, and Remix and Phoenix too. (All kinds of Linuxes and Android OSs run on my laptop in UEFI mode. )
You must have something in your grub entry that is looking for the ramdisk, Old versions did use that but new version doesn't need it.

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
I can't install Magisk in this release, why?
This is due to the lack of a ramdisk/boot image this round. Due to changes in Android 10, this was a change we needed to make.
I looked into magisk and how it works and related stuff. It seems that there is no way magisk can work on androidx86 10 builds...
Magisk used to be installed inside the ramdisk, but now since contents of ramdisk are within the system image itself, there is no way magisk can be installed, without modifying the system partition (and if we modify it, then there is no way of passing safety net, I think).

Magisk dev @topjohnwu found a workaround for this, by installing magisk on the recovery partition since it has a ramdisk.
But androidx86 doesn't have a recovery as well.

Things are quite bleak. Maybe we should all move on from Magisk on androidx86...

Last edited:

ostrolk

Mar 16, 2016
You must have something in your grub entry that is looking for the ramdisk, Old versions did use that but new version doesn't need it.
In live version, the grub is what's coming with the distro. It goes to a certain point, still with Bliss logo on, then stops. In installed version, the grub is
HTML:
menuentry 'Bliss-x86' --class android {
insmod part_gpt
        set root='hd0,gpt11'    
search --file --no-floppy --set=root /AndroidOS/system.img
    linux /AndroidOS/kernel root=/dev/ram0 SRC=/AndroidOS androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 quiet DATA=
    initrd /AndroidOS/initrd.img
It simply goes to # console and stops. (I've named the partition and the folder that contains Bliss OS as AndroidOS.)
This is how I installed it.

Last edited:

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
It simply goes to # console and stops. (I've named the partition and the folder that contains Bliss OS as AndroidOS.)
This is how I installed it.
I always install Bliss in the same manner as you i.e. in the ext4 partition of a linux distro.
I think you should remove 'DATA=' from the grub entry. Maybe it probably is stuck, because the data partition or image has not been specified.

So either make an empty folder named 'data' within the 'AndroidOS' folder

or

create a data.img using some tool like RMX Tools and place the data.img under 'AndroidOS' folder

Remove the 'DATA=' from the grub entry in both cases.

ostrolk

Mar 16, 2016
I always install Bliss in the same manner as you i.e. in the ext4 partition of a linux distro.
I think you should remove 'DATA=' from the grub entry. Maybe it probably is stuck, because the data partition or image has not been specified.

or

create a data.img using some tool like RMX Tools and place the data.img under 'AndroidOS' folder

The empty folder 'data' is there. I'll remove the 'DATA=' from the grub entry and see how it goes. Thanks. :)

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

or

The empty folder 'data' is there. I'll remove the 'DATA=' from the grub entry and see how it goes. Thanks. :)
Since we do things a bit differently on Bliss, a data folder will not work right. It will have to be a data.img that you need to create. Once you have a data.img, you can leave the "DATA=" part in the grub entry

Reactions: Tyakrish

ostrolk

Mar 16, 2016
Since we do things a bit differently on Bliss, a data folder will not work right. It will have to be a data.img that you need to create. Once you have a data.img, you can leave the "DATA=" part in the grub entry
Doesn't work.:confused:
Downloaded anew. md5sum checked. 6GB empty data.img created. Grub menuentry is correct, but doesn't work. Just an empty screen.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone