• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

BlissRoms 12.10 (Q) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][UNOFFICIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
BlissRoms.png

Disclaimer
Code:
I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
and ends the world as we know it.
You have been warned.

Rom-Information

Bliss Rom 12.10 (base on Android 10) Unofficial

What works

amost evrything you need
in detail, most stuff works: ril, wifi, gps, video, audio, bt-audio, pip, nfc, drm, fm-radio,
except what's listed in bugs
encryption works, decryption in TWRP also (at least with my TWRP), more details come, be careful and take a full backup before encrypting
Bugs

• probably dual-sim issues (possible workaround in second post)
  • no Volte!
  • You tell me

Credits

all Galaxy-MSM8916 devs and contributors for the base trees
@Zakaryan2004 for some telegram chats about our device
@SebaUbuntu for fixing nfc and drm
the BlissRoms team for the great rom
the xda community

Sources

Downloads from my server

Instructions

At least MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
You have to reboot one time after first boot to make mobile data work.
  • Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, or use ODIN version)
  • Download the latest build
  • Put it on your device
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Take a full backup
  • If you want to be sure wipe the device
  • Flash the latest build
  • Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
  • Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.
I use it as daily driver without major issues, except mobile data (see above).
I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be enabled in "Settings -> Blissify -> More" and granted in microG-Settings.

XDA:DevDB Information
BlissRoms 12.10 (Q) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
jenslody
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock MarshMallow bootloader and modem
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-07-25
Last Updated 2020-08-10

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Reserved

Note from 2020-07-25:
This is quoted from my (abandoned) Bootleggers thread.
I did not (yet) test dualsim on my j5xnlte.
I will do it this evening/night (UTC+2), I'm on-call this weekend and can therefore not test it during the day.

This works for me on my test j5xnlte:

1. It doesn't matter which sim is your data-sim.
  2. Before setting your data sim to 3g or 4g (aka LTE):
    • make sure to set 2g as preferred network on the sim you do not use for data.
  3. The data sim can then be set to whatever you want.
  4. Never ever try to change the sim after you started a call, if you do so you most likely have to restart the device to make things work again.
  5. Before restarting the device you can try to set both sims to 2g and switch the data sims twice (easiest way with the QS-tile)

Last edited:

yogidpras

Oct 23, 2017
Hi jens, i love to see your good work for the community. Well, i have the questions for you... Before you release the 12.10, i was install the older version of your rom the 12.9. how to upgrade it without losing al my data? Thanks

romgharti

Dec 5, 2013
nawalparasi
great rom, thanks again @jenslody.
i have sim2 detection problem. some time working after restart. now , i had restart maximum time and switch off. but not working
model:j53gxx
logcat here

Attachments

• Log_2020-07-25_19-28-53.txt.zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 57

romgharti

Dec 5, 2013
nawalparasi
I will test this evening/night (hopefully).
Did you read the second post of this thread (I just updated it).

i set Sim to LTE then restart the phone , now both sim is working but now i got audio calling problem.
which sim i set to LTE that Sim audio calling working not another sim. if i use sim 2 set to LTE., Sim 1 audio calling is not wokred. if i set both sim to 2g, only 1 sim audio calling is working.
it is little bit complex to explain also.
Update: audio calling problem is fixed by sim 1 set LTE and enable data sim. then disable data and again set to 2g. now both sim are 2g network and audio calling is worked

Last edited:

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017

animaldaydream

Jul 25, 2020
I'm on SM-J500M. Using j5lte version. Encryption doesn't work, it just triggers a soft restart. Even on a new wipe, no Magisk, no GAPPS, your TWRP, it doesn't work. It would be a deal breaker but your ROM works perfectly other than that!

I just registered to the forum. I can't code but I can handle my way through a terminal. Do I send you logs? something something adb logcat. I can figure it out. DM me for logs

EDIT: Also, what's the difference between official TWRP and your TWRP? The official thread doesn't have the links but their website does. 3.4.0-0 even.

EDIT 2: The error I got on logcat was:
Code:
07-25 15:59:31.564   223  8780 E Cryptfs : Bad magic for real block device /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata
07-25 15:59:31.565   223  8780 E Cryptfs : Orig filesystem overlaps crypto footer region.  Cannot encrypt in place.
07-25 15:59:32.421   223  8780 E Cryptfs : Bad magic for real block device /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata
07-25 15:59:32.421   223  8780 E Cryptfs : Orig filesystem overlaps crypto footer region.  Cannot encrypt in place.
Formatting the DATA partition as EXT4 did the trick. I could encrypt my device!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts