• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

BlissRoms 12.10 (Q) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][UNOFFICIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

salimtn

Nov 25, 2014
kairouan
Hi
Im planning to check this rom today and i need to know if it supports signal spoofing because i want to test nanodroid migrog for better battery backup
Thanks Jens

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Hello

İ downloaded this rom(j500f) but İ have 2 problems are emergency for me now. İ will be happy if you give me an advice..

1. İ sold a membership about information when someone calls me.But when İ click Phone. Setting. Call. Call phone forwarding.İt says "open the radio"..
And İ tried the other way. İ am writing the code for forward the call and push the call button, but it doesnt work. İt says "forwarding, invalid code"

2. My sdcard is parted. And it doesnt see ext4 part. İ am using this for a long time. İ am sending all app extcept data to sdcard and have many area on my phone.
I use a parted SD.card nyself, one part worjs as normal (external) sdcard, the other part as adoptable storage, but none of them is formatted as ext4.
My adopted storage does not work out of the box, after copying "/data/misc/vold/expand*.key" from my backup to my actual rom (in TWRP) it worked.

The other issue is ril related (too old binary I guess) and I did not figure out how to make it working.

Reactions: amirizad_7436

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
I use a parted SD.card nyself, one part worjs as normal (external) sdcard, the other part as adoptable storage, but none of them is formatted as ext4.
My adopted storage does not work out of the box, after copying "/data/misc/vold/expand*.key" from my backup to my actual rom (in TWRP) it worked.

The other issue is ril related (too old binary I guess) and I did not figure out how to make it working.

İ formetted as ext4 cause İ can only send all app data's by this way. İ couldt understand the other thing. Do İ have to do it? But İ think you cant send all app's data to adopted storage by that way. Right?

İ have tried one more rom for 2 problems. All were the same.

İt works (parted card) only Viper Pie but not the copy on this forum. İ cant remember but İ downloaded apps and downloaded something and İ coud start to use parted sdcard on my image copy.. İ compated the system folders and İ think it is about init folders.

İ moved them to your rom but didnt work =))) İt is absurd to wait to work. İ know =) But wanted to try

Now İ backed to stock rom. Cause my memory is full and have to send data to ext4 İf İ find a solution, İ want to use this Q Rom. And the other reason, İ have to make it work the code and İ cant find what İ do with message" open radio"

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

PS: Your rom see ext4 part but like a normal sdcard. İ cant send app's data with App2sd

salimtn

Nov 25, 2014
kairouan
Well im back to nougat , bliss is great but it lacks some features that i like , of course its not dev fault but i will state them here just in case
-network traffic monitor shows download speed only even i set it to download and upload speed, also its buggy in lockscreen (check video),and in nougat its hidden when data and wifi is off
-kill app on longpress for back button is not working for some apps like facebook lite
-couldnt set navbar hight or color
-lack of features in navbar settings (ex. No power menu option in homescreen longpress)
-no option to set Lte above signal icon
-no battery charging percent when device is off
-rom generally smooth but it lags sometimes
Thanks dev and i will wait for more coming versions

Last edited:

#imavi

May 20, 2017
Varanasi
Tested this rom the 1st problem was only single sim support i have tried to restart but nothing changed and then decided to flash again but ?.
2nd - 2 button or 3 button navigation bar is not there which is android 10 most animated thing like app closing may be come in later version as it is beta.

Rom is fast but i clocked cpu to 1.6ghz that makes more fluid btw i like the concept of rom thank you for the rom.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

which google gapps is compatible with this rom? should I flash after flashing the rom?
Try arm mini it includes best.

ZHIWA-XM

Tested this rom the 1st problem was only single sim support i have tried to restart but nothing changed and then decided to flash again but ?.
2nd - 2 button or 3 button navigation bar is not there which is android 10 most animated thing like app closing may be come in later version as it is beta.

Rom is fast but i clocked cpu to 1.6ghz that makes more fluid btw i like the concept of rom thank you for the rom.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Try arm mini it includes best.

How clocked CPU to 1.6ghz?

majidn.v.a

Nov 13, 2016
lag on unlocking lock screen

hey, jenslody. pls check SM-j500h rom, it has a little bit lag when turn screen on and goes for unlocking. generally, rom animation is too fast but it can be fixed on developer options, and as i said it has a little bit lag across the rom plus lock screen.

itachimendes

Dec 26, 2013
WiFi Annoying

New update is uploaded (links in OP).
The build is now selinux enforcing.

Read the Bliss changelog to see what has changed on Rom site.

Only difference from my build to official sources: I reenabled the grid-configuration, additional to the grid-settings in the theme-picker, which is not flexible enough for my needs.

i installed today and so far is great rom!
but could you implement some "always wifi ON" ?? it's so frustating when display sleep and wifi is gonne :mad::mad:
-no way i'll "turn ON Location". why i need to share my location?? google sucks ??
-WiFi throttling is OFF
-Any Battery "Optmized" or "Saver" is all OFF

Reactions: Jeremito1

johnyslav

Aug 5, 2020
Ambient display

Dear jenslody,

thank You for your efforts in keeping our old device alive.

Your rom is great but unfortunately there's one issue that was not preset in the previous builds and that is impossibility to turn off ambient display. Normally i would go to Settings/Display/Lock screen display/Advanced to turn off ambient display. Now the Advanced menu is missing and the ambient display can't be turned off. My device is J5NLTE. I've done a couple of clean installs, each time with the same result.

Will appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BlissRoms.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
    and ends the world as we know it.
    You have been warned.

Rom-Information

Bliss Rom 12.10 (base on Android 10) Unofficial

What works

amost evrything you need
    in detail, most stuff works: ril, wifi, gps, video, audio, bt-audio, pip, nfc, drm, fm-radio,
    except what's listed in bugs
    encryption works, decryption in TWRP also (at least with my TWRP), more details come, be careful and take a full backup before encrypting
    Bugs

• probably dual-sim issues (possible workaround in second post)
    • no Volte!
    • You tell me

Credits

all Galaxy-MSM8916 devs and contributors for the base trees
    @Zakaryan2004 for some telegram chats about our device
    @SebaUbuntu for fixing nfc and drm
    the BlissRoms team for the great rom
    the xda community

Sources

Downloads from my server

Instructions

At least MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
    Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
    You have to reboot one time after first boot to make mobile data work.
    • Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, or use ODIN version)
    • Download the latest build
    • Put it on your device
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Take a full backup
    • If you want to be sure wipe the device
    • Flash the latest build
    • Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
    • Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.
    I use it as daily driver without major issues, except mobile data (see above).
    I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be enabled in "Settings -> Blissify -> More" and granted in microG-Settings.

XDA:DevDB Information
    BlissRoms 12.10 (Q) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    jenslody
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock MarshMallow bootloader and modem
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-07-25
    Last Updated 2020-08-10
    New update is uploaded (links in OP).
    The build is now selinux enforcing.

Read the Bliss changelog to see what has changed on Rom site.

Only difference from my build to official sources: I reenabled the grid-configuration, additional to the grid-settings in the theme-picker, which is not flexible enough for my needs.
    Reserved

Note from 2020-07-25:
    This is quoted from my (abandoned) Bootleggers thread.
    I did not (yet) test dualsim on my j5xnlte.
    I will do it this evening/night (UTC+2), I'm on-call this weekend and can therefore not test it during the day.

This works for me on my test j5xnlte:

1. It doesn't matter which sim is your data-sim.
    2. Before setting your data sim to 3g or 4g (aka LTE):
      • make sure to set 2g as preferred network on the sim you do not use for data.
    3. The data sim can then be set to whatever you want.
    4. Never ever try to change the sim after you started a call, if you do so you most likely have to restart the device to make things work again.
    5. Before restarting the device you can try to set both sims to 2g and switch the data sims twice (easiest way with the QS-tile)
    Thanks to @jenslody for the new update 20200809 :good:
    (with the android security patch for August)
    I will post about it later, no time currently.
    Might be my last Bluss build, I'm not 100 % satisfied and running DerpFest at the moment.
    DerpFest builds for all "my" J5 devices are also on my server now.
    New update with August security patch uploaded to my server (links in OP).

Most likely my last build for Bliss.

I not fully satisfied with it, sometimes losing settings, random sysui crashes.

And too much changes that break stuff like e.g. my homescreen-layout.

Currently I run DerpFest on my device, if anyone wnats to test it, you can find it for all J5 2015 and 2016 devices on my server below https://android.jenslody.de/DerpFest/ .

As always: any feedback is welcome, of course.