BlissRoms 14.0 (R) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][VANILLA][UNOFFICIAL]

bjac36

Jan 13, 2021
Excellent Rom Guys.
I have workplace bragging rights: oldest phone with latest OS .
Need to source battery for J500M:D 2015. Longest phone I ever owned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tajil

HANNS100

Nov 8, 2018
Hey again
please i love this custom rom and i need to install it and i need to install Gapps. but there is not a version compatible with android 11.
can some one help me

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
Hey again
please i love this custom rom and i need to install it and i need to install Gapps. but there is not a version compatible with android 11.
can some one help me
bro,
u could get bitgapps or opengapps for Android R here:

openGapps (R):

BitGapps (R19):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/bitgapps-r19-zip.5164349/
or

I've tried & use it since BlissOS version 20201207 till latest one, the result is stable for my daily use.

But, be carefull, when u do a dirty flash (updating/upgrading) while using bitgapps or opengapps, u might find certain issues, but that is not related directly from bit/open gapps itself (in my humble xperiment).

Goodluck bro !

Reactions: HANNS100

#imavi

May 20, 2017
Varanasi
Thanks for the rom.
Two problems found for j500f
1st= OTG is not working it is just showing in files but after tapping error occurs.
2nd= Hotspot is not working.

HANNS100

Nov 8, 2018
if you need gapps try microg is a magisk manager module. I've been trying it for several days and it works very well
bro,
u could get bitgapps or opengapps for Android R here:

openGapps (R):

BitGapps (R19):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/bitgapps-r19-zip.5164349/
or

I've tried & use it since BlissOS version 20201207 till latest one, the result is stable for my daily use.

But, be carefull, when u do a dirty flash (updating/upgrading) while using bitgapps or opengapps, u might find certain issues, but that is not related directly from bit/open gapps itself (in my humble xperiment).

Goodluck bro !
I will try it.thanx a lot

dell24

Jan 11, 2009
Great work Jens!

bitgapps-r19 posted by Tajil does not work with my J500FN, but R17 postet by PhillipJC works good.
I used Lineage (10.1) from Zakaryan2004 formerly and can say: Yes, BlissRoms+bitgaps is slighter than Lineage and runs faster on my J500FN.

But I have some issues with integration of my sd card. In Lineage I used Magisk for root and Apps2SD (blue one, the "pro") for "externalisation" of some apps and folders. My sd card have three partitions (fat32, ext4, swap) and Apps2SD can mount the ext4 partition with BlissRoms, too. At last Lineage I became always at Android start error message with this ext4 partition, althrough also with Lineage the mount of Apps2SD worked. Here (with BlissRom) ext4 partitions are handled somehow others than at Lineage and I can not externalise my folders (for example DCIM/Camera). I tested it with both FAT32 and ext4, but it does not work. Apps2SD says "mount is succesfull", but the folder DCIM/Camera is not connected to sd card, since a) mount point is a little different from desired location and b) the rights are wrong (I can not see the pictures directly and muss copy there to another location).

Can someone recomend me an alternative or an additional solution instead or to Apps2SD for linking of folders like Pictures, WhatsApp Media, etc. to an external partition (FAT, EXT, etc.) at a sd card?

@jenslody: Can you explain here please the handling and mounting of external media under BlissRoms, since it shows here different to the "classical" way, that I know in generally and aspeccially from Lineage.