BlissRoms 14.0 (R) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][VANILLA][UNOFFICIAL]

lucas000br

Feb 6, 2020
incredible rom, everything works fine (just hotspot is buggy)
one thing that annoys me is that lag when opening the qs panel,
but in general everything is fine. Well done!

Reactions: Tajil

lucas000br

Feb 6, 2020
I'm also curious:
who pays me for working on this rom in my sparetime, besides family, work and private stuff?
Hey bro i have found a very weird bug in your rom:
my phone was charging normally, but suddenly he got into the bootanimation like if i rebooted it and started to blink the screen ramdonly, like, turn on and off the screen for no reason while on bootanimation (for no reason too)
so i had to do a forced power off (volume - and power button)
thats very weird, this never happened to me
im also using adoptable storage, maybe thats the cause?
looks like a fatal crash happened

lucas000br

Feb 6, 2020
Hey bro i have found a very weird bug in your rom:
my phone was charging normally, but suddenly he got into the bootanimation like if i rebooted it and started to blink the screen ramdonly, like, turn on and off the screen for no reason while on bootanimation (for no reason too)
so i had to do a forced power off (volume - and power button)
thats very weird, this never happened to me
im also using adoptable storage, maybe thats the cause?
looks like a fatal crash happened
it just happened again. thats very weird because that was not happening (i have adoptable storage for like 3 days) and suddenly it started to happen.t
i also cant take logcat because the phone just freezes, not even my pc can recognize it

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
thanks for the research, i reserved your steps and script, really appreciate it!
also, this solution might be suitable for Bro asliaral.
Thank you for remembered me.
But friends told ext4 works on Lineage 10 rom. But İ had tried and couldt do at past.. So İ cant understand this part..

My English is not good so İ will try to do what İ understand when İ have time.

bjac36

Jan 13, 2021
Excuse me Lucas000br. Misunderstood your post. Thought there was a separate security patch to update. Checked settings and saw it is already there.
Cheers.

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
I observe, that in this forum is usual, to find his own solutions by oneself. Therefore I post here all, what I found about mounting and linking of folders on external sd cards.
1. The reasons for the issues are described here and here.
2. Why "Apps2SD" works with Lineage but not with BlissROM (although BlissROM is also based on Lineage!)? Maybe differencies between ROMs, maybe differencies between Android 10 and 11. I do not know...
3. I did not have success with solutions like "su -mm" or permanent setting of Mount Namespace Mode to Global in Magisk. And yes, the main issue is the "sdcardfs" instead of "ext" by internal storage. Using of standard "mount" from busybox or from toybox I did not have success with "mount -o bind" to my EXT4 partition
4. Obesrving of Apps2SD app (the blue one, "pro") showed me two things:
a) Apps2SD generates shell scripts for mounting during boot and puts these scripts under Magisk /data/adb/service.d
b) Apps2SD has own binaries for mounting operations and can handle also "sdcardfs"
5. Based on original scripts generated by Apps2SD I wrote my own mount script under /data/adb/service.d/00000009_mount.sh (see attachment). Please not forget to make this script executable (755).
6. All linked folders at EXT4 partition should have as rights 775 (rwxrwxr x) and as ownerchip media_rw:media_rw
7. The attached file should be renamed to from .txt to .sh
8. Magisk is required for SU and boot handling, Apps2SD is useful for initially mount of second EXT4 partition as /data/sdext2.
Hello. My Eng is not enough. Could you help me? İ dont understand this; will İ load this script from Majisk or will İ create data/adb/service.d folders and put it in?

Rgodoy8080

Jan 6, 2021
greetings bliss rom friends
with great respect I would like to ask why the download enlse of j500m 2015 (md5sum) does not work
since the page does not come out at all, thank you
and I hope they are well

Reactions: jenslody

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
greetings bliss rom friends
with great respect I would like to ask why the download enlse of j500m 2015 (md5sum) does not work
since the page does not come out at all, thank you
and I hope they are well
Because file-ending is just "md5" without the "sum", my bad.
Should work now.
Thanks for reporting.

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
I observe, that in this forum is usual, to find his own solutions by oneself. Therefore I post here all, what I found about mounting and linking of folders on external sd cards.
1. The reasons for the issues are described here and here.
2. Why "Apps2SD" works with Lineage but not with BlissROM (although BlissROM is also based on Lineage!)? Maybe differencies between ROMs, maybe differencies between Android 10 and 11. I do not know...
3. I did not have success with solutions like "su -mm" or permanent setting of Mount Namespace Mode to Global in Magisk. And yes, the main issue is the "sdcardfs" instead of "ext" by internal storage. Using of standard "mount" from busybox or from toybox I did not have success with "mount -o bind" to my EXT4 partition
4. Obesrving of Apps2SD app (the blue one, "pro") showed me two things:
a) Apps2SD generates shell scripts for mounting during boot and puts these scripts under Magisk /data/adb/service.d
b) Apps2SD has own binaries for mounting operations and can handle also "sdcardfs"
5. Based on original scripts generated by Apps2SD I wrote my own mount script under /data/adb/service.d/00000009_mount.sh (see attachment). Please not forget to make this script executable (755).
6. All linked folders at EXT4 partition should have as rights 775 (rwxrwxr x) and as ownerchip media_rw:media_rw
7. The attached file should be renamed to from .txt to .sh
8. Magisk is required for SU and boot handling, Apps2SD is useful for initially mount of second EXT4 partition as /data/sdext2.
Hello
İ put your attached in data/adb/sevice.d/ and chanced .txt to .sh and did the permission 755.

Anything else?

(İ have Majisk and root)

Cause İ stil cant make ext4 works.

ferreraiury05

Dec 31, 2020
This is my first comment. First of all, I love your roms, they are perfect... But I'm testing this rom and my home button and recents are not working. Any idea of what's going on? When you upload another version I always test it, but it still doesn't work... What can I do?