BlissRoms 14.3 (R) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][VANILLA][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
Hello. Thank you very much for
new update.

- İ could change the pic for background and lock screen after trying many times
- This build is faster than the first. And İ see the small bugs fixed.
- İ want to choose silent mode but it is choosing disturb mode. Both were different on the old build. İ cant find how İ can do it?
-And do İ need Gms Doze module?İ cant see google play apps on your battery optimize menu. İ want to ask and check it. ( İ downloaded BitGapps for 11)
- İ cant see battery value on status bar. İ could see on the old build. İt is on Bliss Status bar menu/System icons. İ choose "show everytime" but it doesnt show.
@jenslody
Hello
1. İ could change the background . İt has fixed, thank you.
2. (İt was not a problem)
3. Still same but İ found a different way for this.
4. İ will be happy if you could answer question about gms doze.
5. İt has fixed, thank you

Ps: There were some problems on clock menu settings. But it has fixed on this build.

Thank you very much for this build.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020
@jenslody
Thank You For Latest Build I Have Tested It And Thanks For Fixing These Issues=
1.The Wallpaper Issue Has Been Fixed
2.Really Thanks For Fixing The Back And Recent Geasture In Previous Build It Was Broken
Thank u Very Much!

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
Hello

İ don't understand anything. You say you need Marshmallow BL & Modem. But every time I install rom, I delete everything except microsd and ota from the clear menu. And I had no problems at all. Can someone enlighten me?

Finally, do you calibrate the battery after installing backup and new rom/build?
Could anybody help me for my these questions?

Last edited:

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Could anybody help me for my these questions?
Custom roms normally do not provide bootloader and modems, these are blobs included in stock roms.
The 2015 J5 also has Lollipop (5.x) stock rom and the bl and modem of it do not work.
So you have to make sure the last stock rom was Marshmallo (6.x) or at least install bl and modem from Marshmallow.

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
Custom roms normally do not provide bootloader and modems, these are blobs included in stock roms.
The 2015 J5 also has Lollipop (5.x) stock rom and the bl and modem of it do not work.
So you have to make sure the last stock rom was Marshmallo (6.x) or at least install bl and modem from Marshmallow.
Thanks, İ was on Stock MM rom.

But İ choosed Wipe/Advanced wipe, and İ deleted Dalvic,data,system, modem and all, except ota and microsd on Twrp.

So did't İ make modem be deleted before me flash your rom? İ cant understand this part.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017

But İ choosed Wipe/Advanced wipe, and İ deleted Dalvic,data,system, modem and all, except ota and microsd on Twrp.

So did't İ make modem be deleted before me flash your rom? İ cant understand this part.
If you have been on stock marshmallow, you should not touch bootloader or modem.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Hello
1. İ could change the background . İt has fixed, thank you.
2. (İt was not a problem)
3. Still same but İ found a different way for this.
4. İ will be happy if you could answer question about gms doze.
5. İt has fixed, thank you

Ps: There were some problems on clock menu settings. But it has fixed on this build.

Thank you very much for this build.
I don't use gapps, so I can not help here unfortunately.

Tajil

• Dec 7, 2020

yeah, u already on MM 'level' sis, thats enough.
    in my case, i have a sm-500g with lolypop bootloader, in order to flash/install bliss v 14, i have to upgrade the bootloader first.

basically, MM bootloader is one of the basic requirments to be able using higher version of android (in my case starting from android 7+).

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
    İstanbul
    yeah, u already on MM 'level' sis, thats enough.
    in my case, i have a sm-500g with lolypop bootloader, in order to flash/install bliss v 14, i have to upgrade the bootloader first.

basically, MM bootloader is one of the basic requirments to be able using higher version of android (in my case starting from android 7+).
    Mine was Lolipop but İ downloaded MM stock from Sammobile. İt is on my Pc. İ am using it with Odin when my system chrashes.

But İ was deleting system, modem and all except microsd and ota from Twrp before setup Bliss. But i think modem is not being deleted. Cause Jens said custom roms don't have modem.

But İ had deleted and now İ have no problem with modem.

flyy01

Sep 23, 2016
    Nairobi
    I just uploaded a new build to my server (links in OP as usually).
    Rom version is now 14.3 with many customizations readded.
    Security patch date is May 05.

This will most likely be the last build for the next one or two months, because of private reasons.
    Thanks for the update! Very grateful for your continued support for this device.

jameson1993

Oct 11, 2017
    Boa noite, Será que mais alguém está tendo problemas para baixar o rom j5m? é muito lento para baixar. eles outro servidor? Muito obrigado antecipadamente

Mod Edit (tradução);

Boa noite, Alguém mais está tendo problemas para baixar o rom j5m? é muito lento para baixar. eles outro servidor? Muito obrigado antecipadamente

editar: consegui instalar .. meus parabéns otima rom, pequeno bug no music player parando sozinho .. em geral um maravilhoso obrigado de coração ..

Last edited:

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
    İstanbul
    Hello.
    İ had to send my location on Whatsapp today but İ couldn't.

Now İ am sending the pic for you to see.

İt think this place is from U.S.A. but İ am not it in. İ live in Turkey. And never has been in U.S.A.

Has anybody have this problem or what can İ do for this?

(My locations setting is high accuracy)
    Screenshot_20210518-022603_Edge.png

Tajil

• Dec 7, 2020
    Hello.
    İ had to send my location on Whatsapp today but İ couldn't.

Now İ am sending the pic for you to see.

İt think this place is from U.S.A. but İ am not it in. İ live in Turkey. And never has been in U.S.A.

Has anybody have this problem or what can İ do for this?

(My locations setting is high accuracy)
    View attachment 5312453
    yeah, I am too had same problem when first time installing Custom Rom...
    I live On "Pluto" (jokes....) but, I ended up at California ...Lol.....

Here are some solutions Sis :
    -Installing/Flashing MicroG
    If U do that, U will use Mozilla server for Data Location.

Or

-Installing/Flashing OpenGapps Or BitGapps
    Obviously, Google There.
    If U do this, make sure turn on all location configurations stuff on location settings menu--------to make sure the accuration of location.

Last edited:
    Reactions: asliaral

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
    İstanbul
    yeah, I am too had same problem when first time installing Custom Rom...
    I live On "Pluto" (jokes....) but, I ended up at California ...Lol.....

Here are some solutions Sis :
    -Installing/Flashing MicroG
    If U do that, U will use Mozilla server for Data Location.

Or

-Installing/Flashing OpenGapps Or BitGapps
    Obviously, Google There.
    If U do this, make sure turn on all location configurations stuff on location settings menu--------to make sure the accuration of location.
    =))))))))))

Yes İ have bitgapps. And Whatsapp and Googleplayservices has location permission.

Yes İ see it on Quick menu H.A. but now my location menu on settings is closing. This problem has started today. İ will try again later. Or leave from Turkey to USA =) And American dreams died for a long time, what will İ do =)))

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Thank you.

How do I do this: (and I didn't understand the middle part of the scentence after "but")
      >>The best way is to wipe data, system and boot (system and boot are not absolutely necessary, but addon.d on system might kick in without wiping it) and set up everything again.

I did already install TWRP (twrp-3.4.0-0-j5nlte.img.tar) when installing the Lineage. Can I use this one for it or do I have to install something else?

What I think should be done:
      > Restart the mobile in TWRP-mode (do I have to set USB-port to debugging first?)
      > perform System Recovery
      > wipe data, system and boot (how do I wipe boot? TWRP doesn't show this to me. What about DALVIK?)
      > install your ROM,
      > install GooglePlayStore (where do I get this? I have one file, but that was for the Lineage ROM. Can't use here, I guess?)
      > Reboot system from TWRP

Is this correct?

If everything works, I can tell you, wether I have the same problem for charging or not.

greetings,
      Martin
      When I installed it, I just wiped System, Data, Cache (I think it was the only thing I did) and it's working fine.

About Playstore, did you download custom Gapps package? I used BitGapps and don't have any problems.
      greetings to jeslody I will always be grateful for keeping our android updated. but I would like to ask you for the favor of if it is possible to fix the updater since whenever you release a new compilation you have to download the rom and flash it again I hope you don't bother thank you
      It's the official bliss updater, so unless my rom is not official it will not work.
      And I think that it does the, just with a few less clicks amd you will be noticed automatically.
      Whatever happens, it will not be done before end of June or more likely in July, because I can not upload anything until then and not work on the rom very much.
      Jenslody i really appriciate ur work. for low end phone users like me at least getting 60% of the updated android experience is a great deal. So thank u 1000 times for making it possible. And i hope what ever is going on with your personal life everything works fine and back to normal.
      Ok now i like to share my experience on this rom.
      Installation was one of the fastest and the easiest which i tried so far. I had wycked os v3 by zonic as my day to day driver since last year till now. With latest twrp and wipes installation was a success from one go. So with 3 days of ur rom im having an amazing experience so far. Evrything works so far except the hot spot which i never use anyway. The ui looks and feel great. The default camera and the gallery was a bit laggy and had some bugs i guess so i shifted to the camera go and gallery go by google now no issue there. And i replaced the message with textra. With all my daily apps installed i still have 2gb left on the phone storage so thats great. Battery consuption is very normal same as the stock rom. Mobile data and all other options run flawlessly on my j500f. So far the best custom rom i've used. Again thank u so much for ur awesome work. Cheers...
      Screenshot_20210601-054446_Settings.png
      Hi again and thank you!
      I just installed the Bliss ROM using TWRP 3.4.0.0 Worked nicely, no problem at all. (y)

First I took a backup with TWRP, then rebooted into recovery, next I wiped dalvik, data, cache and system.
      Next I installed Bliss ROM, next BitGAPPS. Finally Wipe cache/dalvik and reboot to System.

EVERYTHING WORKS! And the strtup-screen looks really amazing! I didn't find any bug yet (after nearly five minutes !! :D ) But if I find something, I will report it.

jenslody, you did some great work, thank you!
      BlissRoms.png

Disclaimer
      Code:
      I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
      and ends the world as we know it.
      You have been warned.

Rom-Information
      Bliss Rom 14.3 BETA (based on Android 11) Unofficial VANILLA (no gapps)​
      More information about the rom can be found on the:​

What works

most stuff​
      in detail: ril, mobile data, wifi, camera, video, audio, nfc, fm-radio, gps, bluetooth, drm, pip​
      except what's listed in bugs​
      encryption works, decryption in TWRP also (at least with my TWRP), more details come, be careful and take a full backup before encrypting

Bugs

• mobile data (unreliable)
      • bluetooth
      • video recording
      • drm
      • pip
      • hotspot
      • encryption
      • miracast
      • no Volte!
      • You tell me

Credits
      all Galaxy-MSM8916 devs and contributors for the base trees​
      @Zakaryan2004 for some telegram chats about our device​
      @SebaUbuntu for fixing nfc and drm​
      the BlissRoms team for the great rom​
      the xda community​

Sources

Not all of the following sources and urls are uptodate

my local_manifests file pulls in several (slightly) modified or otherwise needed repos (e.g.):​
      and my device-tree:​

Downloads from my server

Instructions

At least MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !​
      Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !​
      You have to reboot one time after first boot to make mobile data work.
      • Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, or use ODIN version)
      • Download the latest build
      • Put it on your device
      • Reboot to TWRP
      • Take a full backup
      • If you want to be sure wipe the device
      • Flash the latest build
      • Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
      • Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.​
      I use it as daily driver without major issues, except mobile data (see above).
      I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom.​
      If you want to use gapps, be aware that you need the arm not the arm64 builds.
      New build online (see OP for links as usual).
      Mainly rom-changes (statusbar-clock, bliss-logo is back on statusbar ...)
      Minor source changes, that reduce log-spam (a little bit).
      I just uploaded a new build to my server (links in OP as usually).
      Rom version is now 14.3 with many customizations readded.
      Security patch date is May 05.

This will most likely be the last build for the next one or two months, because of private reasons.
      Finally a new build is out (see OP for links).
      The rom sourecs have been rebased, therefore the long delay and the increased version number (14.0 -> 14.1).
      Not all customizations have beem added back and you might need to do a clean flash, but you can try a dirty one before you have to set up everything a gain.
      As always a backup is recommended before updating.

If you don't mind to stay with february sec-patch there is no need to update, I think more customizations will come, but it's not up to me.
      New build with january sec-patch uploaded (see OP for links).