BlissRoms 14.3 (R) for J5 (2016)[SM-J510x][VANILLA][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

abdogeni

Dec 5, 2015
Samsung Galaxy J5
Hi jenslody, how are you and your daughter I hope she doing well now, thank you for keeping support for this amazing device, I feel I don't need to upgrade thanks to your efforts, I'm using this ROM as daily driver and I'm not facing any problem, the batterie is ok, I have more storage and fluid user experience, I used Franco kernel manager to boost the GPU frequency to the max so I can have smooth scrolling and animations, it didn't change things so much but it steel a small push to get the max of my device.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Hi jenslody, how are you and your daughter I hope she doing well now, thank you for keeping support for this amazing device, I feel I don't need to upgrade thanks to your efforts, I'm using this ROM as daily driver and I'm not facing any problem, the batterie is ok, I have more storage and fluid user experience, I used Franco kernel manager to boost the GPU frequency to the max so I can have smooth scrolling and animations, it didn't change things so much but it steel a small push to get the max of my device.
She's okay, since summer a new medicine she get injected all two weeks additional to the one she gets once per week.
Due to this she needs no cortisone-containing eye drops every day anymore and that's at least a step forward.
I suffer from a amjor depression, but that's not new, it's sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Back to the rom:
Large parts of the sources have been rebased by the Bliss team, and not all customizations have been added back.
That's why I did not upload new builds in the last months, but it's not dead or forgotten.

abdogeni

Dec 5, 2015
Samsung Galaxy J5
She's okay, since summer a new medicine she get injected all two weeks additional to the one she gets once per week.
Due to this she needs no cortisone-containing eye drops every day anymore and that's at least a step forward.
I suffer from a amjor depression, but that's not new, it's sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Back to the rom:
Large parts of the sources have been rebased by the Bliss team, and not all customizations have been added back.
That's why I did not upload new builds in the last months, but it's not dead or forgotten.
Glad to hear the good news, this should significantly improve her life. I know that it is very difficult for you, you must be a strong man to face all these pressures.

We all suffer in our own way, but we must not give up and maintain a positive outlook for the future.

You are doing a great job for your daughter and for us too, I am very grateful, thank you again.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Finally a new build is out (see OP for links).
The rom sourecs have been rebased, therefore the long delay and the increased version number (14.0 -> 14.1).
Not all customizations have beem added back and you might need to do a clean flash, but you can try a dirty one before you have to set up everything a gain.
As always a backup is recommended before updating.

If you don't mind to stay with february sec-patch there is no need to update, I think more customizations will come, but it's not up to me.

Cpxinoxs

Dec 5, 2020
wonderful. I have tested. Many bugs have been fixed. It works more stable than the previous version.

Blissrom 14.0> 2 points out of 10.
Blissrom 14.1> 4 points out of 10.

it has been productive work. Can be better. If it works more stable, can I request a couple of additional features in the future? Congratulations.

jimmypap

Apr 7, 2019
Hello sir, greetings from Greece!!
My model J510 F with nick gaps installed, new updates drains battery very fast.
Is there something wrong with my setup or rom bug?
With previous build from 100 battery after 10 hours light usage battery was approximately 75 to 80 percent, but now was 53 percent!!
Revert back to android 10 rom and everything is fine.
Thanks for your hard work to keep our model alive!!!!

denmasgie

Nov 12, 2020
Indonesia
The rom sourecs have been rebased, therefore the long delay and the increased version number (14.0 -> 14.1).
Not all customizations have beem added back and you might need to do a clean flash, but you can try a dirty one before you have to set up everything a gain.

If you don't mind to stay with february sec-patch there is no need to update, I think more customizations will come, but it's not up to me.
The Samsung J5 2016 (SM-J510UN) both come from the Base Model MSM8916, but I'm not sure if this rom is suitable for the Model Number I mentioned earlier.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
I just uploaded a new build to my server (links in OP as usually).
Rom version is now 14.3 with many customizations readded.
Security patch date is May 05.

This will most likely be the last build for the next one or two months, because of private reasons.

Dandroid898

Apr 6, 2021
Hello, I have a single problem in this ROM, the GPS of my cell phone does not locate anything, I need it to for example: locate my phone in case they rob me and another to navigate the streets of my country. This sent from my Samsung J510MN 2016 j5xnlte

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BlissRoms.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
    and ends the world as we know it.
    You have been warned.

Rom-Information
    Bliss Rom 14.3 BETA (based on Android 11) Unofficial VANILLA (no gapps)​
    More information about the rom can be found on the:​

What works

most stuff​
    in detail: ril, mobile data, wifi, camera, video, audio, nfc, fm-radio, gps, bluetooth, drm, pip​
    except what's listed in bugs​
    encryption works, decryption in TWRP also (at least with my TWRP), more details come, be careful and take a full backup before encrypting

Bugs

• mobile data (unreliable)
    • bluetooth
    • video recording
    • drm
    • pip
    • hotspot
      ĥ
    • encryption
    • miracast
    • no Volte!
    • You tell me

Credits
    all Galaxy-MSM8916 devs and contributors for the base trees​
    @Zakaryan2004 for some telegram chats about our device​
    @SebaUbuntu for fixing nfc and drm​
    the BlissRoms team for the great rom​
    the xda community​

Sources

Not all of the following sources and urls are uptodate

my local_manifests file pulls in several (slightly) modified or otherwise needed repos (e.g.):​
    and my device-tree:​

Downloads from my server

Instructions

At least MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !​
    Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !​
    You have to reboot one time after first boot to make mobile data work.​
    • Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, or use ODIN version)
    • Download the latest build
    • Put it on your device
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Take a full backup
    • If you want to be sure wipe the device
    • Flash the latest build
    • Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
    • Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.​
    I use it as daily driver without major issues, except mobile data (see above).
    I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom.​
    If you want to use gapps, be aware that you need the arm not the arm64 builds.
    abandoned project?
    No
    he's probably busy with his daily life
    This, and no changes in rom sources since nearly two weeks.
    And I'm stuck on clearing up my repos to finally push them.
    And working on (rarely at the moment) making selinux enforcing.
    A new build with december patch will come soon.
    I finally found the commit which broke the hwcomposer.
    Mobile data is still absolutely unreliable, but drm is fixed, and it should be possible to use the netflix app (at least it installs and starts without issues with microG installed).

New build is out, pip is working now.
    Links in OP are updated as always.
    Feedback is welcome.