• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

BlissRoms 14.7 (R) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][VANILLA][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Rgodoy8080

Jan 6, 2021
hello greetings it causes me a lot of concern and sadness that jenslody did not update the rom there again. Could it be that I have already abandoned this project?

Jacobo666

Sep 7, 2019
hello greetings it causes me a lot of concern and sadness that jenslody did not update the rom there again. Could it be that I have already abandoned this project?
The developer has a life, a family, a job ..... he does not earn money with this, we must be patient and be grateful that from his free time we can continue to enjoy such an old mobile.

Badger50

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2011
Kansas City
The developer has a life, a family, a job ..... he does not earn money with this, we must be patient and be grateful that from his free time we can continue to enjoy such an old mobile.
tenor.gif

fakedesinger

Mar 21, 2021
I know and respect my friend. It must be really difficult to adapt an old mobile phone to the new generation android version. Despite all this, he took the time to come this far, it's really perfect. Misunderstanding out of bad intention I did not write, just wondered :).

carlos974

May 18, 2016
Saint-Denis
If you want to have the choice of saving photos or video on internal or external storage with the snap application, here is the process:

replace this file:
system/system_ext/etc/permissions/privapp_whitelist_org.lineageos.snap.xml

Attached File

We must also replace snap.apk which is in system/system_ext/priv-app/Snap

Don't forget to give chmod 644 permission to this files and reboot!

I did it on my j5nlte

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-175217_Appareil_photo.png
    Screenshot_20210208-175217_Appareil_photo.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • privapp_whitelist_org.lineageos.snap.xml
    1.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: Tajil

ahmedelkassrawy

Jan 19, 2021
I have j5 lte (j500f) every aosp rom i try has this issue with me. Whenever i call someone phone call or voip the other person hears his voice (an echo effect) i tried to take the stock mixer path xml it did stop the echo but my voice is note there ( appears as muted) when i compared the two mixerpath xml i found out that there isn't a speaker amp code in the xml can that be the problem + can jenslody help me or any one here since sticking to stock or sep 8.5 is very annoying thanks 😊
Waiting for stable version of Bliss btw

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
So I've been on the latest build for a week now and I'm totally satisfied with most of the things, it definitely can be used as a daily drive, amazing work!
I've noticed some minor issues if I can get help with it.

I can download everything in Telegram, but whenever I try to save a file or media to downloads or gallery nothing happens, sometimes when I try to save an image to gallery I get a 0 KB file with the targeted name, so it's not working, although it has permission to access storage (I use the official Telegram app).

For some reason I can't get data working on SIM 2, data on SIM 1 works normally. (I have the J500H model).

I couldn't manage to receive any file via Bluetooth as it always fails, sending works normally.

Other than that I had no issues at all, I use Magisk along with microG and it works perfectly, I had no lag or apps FC or systemUI problems or anything like that.

One last thing, I know it's Android related, but is there any possible way to switch off SIM 2 without having to take it off the slot? Because this is driving me crazy since Android P!

Thank you so much in advanced, really appreciate your hard work, so professional, so well done... You always nail it mate in terms of ROMs developing!
İ have the same problem about Telegram (J500F)

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
Hello again

İ was using a folder manager called Cx on your Bliss Q. But it wants sdcard permission everytime when İ opened it. ( İ give it and it is being deleted when İ opened again and it asks sd card permission again)

And İ was connecting to my google drive with that app on Bliss Q but now İ can't.

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hello again

İ was using a folder manager called Cx on your Bliss Q. But it wants sdcard permission everytime when İ opened it. ( İ give it and it is being deleted when İ opened again and it asks sd card permission again)

And İ was connecting to my google drive with that app on Bliss Q but now İ can't.
Android 11 doesn't allow 3rd party apps from the playstore to manage external storage.

The Dev of MiXplorer said today he will give 'MANAGE_STORAGE_PERMISSION' to his app. You can find that app Here but use the XDA version as the playstore version will not have that permission to manage the SD card

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
İ have a problem with notifications. İ checked the menu. Ambient display and Aod are off. But when İ get a message from Telegram, screen light is opening. İ want a notification but İ don't want the screen light.

How can İ stop it?

PS: İt is ok now

Last edited:

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Finally a new build is out (see OP for links).
The rom sourecs have been rebased, therefore the long delay and the increased version number (14.0 -> 14.1).
Not all customizations have beem added back and you might need to do a clean flash, but you can try a dirty one before you have to set up everything a gain.
As always a backup is recommended before updating.

If you don't mind to stay with february sec-patch there is no need to update, I think more customizations will come, but it's not up to me.

Top Liked Posts