• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

BlissRoms 14.7 (R) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][VANILLA][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

kay16

Dec 16, 2018
I have been using the latest build of Bliss Rom (v.14.6.9) for abour three days.

I am on SM-500G model.

Indeed this release have more features added then the previous one. It is very nice really !

Mobile data & wifi setting per app is back !! I love it! It offer details configuration for data access permission.

Bugs Found so far:

-random crash when open Setting/style & wallpaper menu

-Always crash when open Setting/location menu.
Here is the error url: https://hastebin.com/edicakojod

After a bit xperiment here and there about it, here is my result:
This thing occurs when use Bliss v.14.6.9 + bitGapps R37.

The solution is simple:
Just reflash the bitGapps R37 And viola! The location menu Now working as expected!
But, some apps of mine stop working (couldn't save the work!).

-UI freezed-blackout on first time rooting by using magisk (it didn't occur on previous Bliss releases) , after that, any apps couldn't be opened. I have to restart my phone Several times.

I suspect, this is caused by interaction of magisk + changes In August Security patches.....maybe.

-Developer mode auto on...it is a Bit strange, but not a problem For me. I need to enable it in the first place.

-adaptive battery feature from the very release of Bliss Rom till now still causing heat significantly (at least on my device-sm-500g). I believe this problem is not originated from the Rom itself! But rather from the feature combined with the J5 hardware capabilities.

Tips from me for more battery power saving:

This is for openGapps or bitGapps users which don't rely on google play services for daily basis need !

After turn on the emergency location services (default on) and location accuracy on location menu. Try to share our location to somebody. If it success, then you can disable google framework services and google play services (play store too if it not used). We can still accurately send and share our location just fine!

Anyway, Huge thanks for the update ! Kudos Devs !!
Now, I am using this release for my daily basis
Hi, thank you for your guide on a way around some bugs. I tried to download bitgapps r37 but their official website is down. Can u pls upload your file and put a link here. Also did u find any fix for the second Sim has no sound bug. Really appriciate a quick help. And huge thanks to jenslody for Dev the ROM.

Last edited:

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
The phone getting hot issue is a misconfiguration on jenslody's part(namely logcat always running and thrashing internal storage as a result). Just add this line to the end of your build.prop and the phone should become a lot faster and run colder(it might interfere with logcat but I haven't tested)

logcat.live=disable

Also i found that on 14.5 hotspot works but only once per boot. If you power on or reboot hotspot will work as long as you don't turn it off. After you turn it off you can't turn hotspot on again until you reboot
Can you please tell me where I misconfigured something?
I have no heating issue and no running logcat in my devices.
And the fact that wlan-tethering works one time is known, and it still does the same in 14.6.9.
Usb-tethering works without issues.

kay16

Dec 16, 2018
And the fact that wlan-tethering works one time is known, and it still does the same in 14.6.9.

glad to see a reply from u here. i tried the rom and i had no heating or battery over using problem. but the second sim has no sound. also when i try to enter display setting sub setting its crashing. any fix for those would be highly appriciated. always my daily driver is one of ur roms so no words to explain how thankful i am for your hard work. cheers.. (j500f)

ap4ss3rby

Sep 9, 2015
Strange, I am running on j500h so it might be something specific to that device. I am away from my PC so I can't send logcats but will do ASAP

UPDATE: after reverting the changes I made to build.prop the system runs hotter but just as smooth as with them.

Last edited:

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
Hi, thank you for your guide on a way around some bugs. I tried to download bitgapps r37 but their official website is down. Can u pls upload your file and put a link here. Also did u find any fix for the second Sim has no sound bug. Really appriciate a quick help. And huge thanks to jenslody for Dev the ROM.
U r welcome bro!
Unfortunately, I am a single SIM user, i dont know about that.

For the bitGapps
Try these links out bro:

BitGapps url:
---------------
R17

R19
or

offical

another

OpenGapps URL:
---------------------------

or here, the file from https://bitgapps.ga/arm/R/:
------------------------

Attachments

• BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R37_signed.zip
    74.6 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: kay16

kay16

Dec 16, 2018
Thanks
U r welcome bro!
Unfortunately, I am a single SIM user, i dont know about that.

For the bitGapps
Try these links out bro:

BitGapps url:
---------------
R17

R19
or

offical

another

OpenGapps URL:
---------------------------

or here, the file from https://bitgapps.ga/arm/R/:
------------------------

Thanks for the upload bro. Unfortunately flashing r37 bitgapps didn't fix the settings crash problem for me. Thanks again.

ap4ss3rby

Sep 9, 2015
Strange, I am running on j500h so it might be something specific to that device. I am away from my PC so I can't send logcats but will do ASAP

UPDATE: after reverting the changes I made to build.prop the system runs hotter but just as smooth as with them.
After updating to 14.6.9 and running logcat as root I found out that evbug is spamming kernel logs. I have no idea why but this is not the first (and probably won't be the last this happens). See this bug in ubuntu all the way back from 2008. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/module-init-tools/+bug/240553
Same bug is observed in this logcat I captured from my j500h

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    521.4 KB · Views: 5

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
After updating to 14.6.9 and running logcat as root I found out that evbug is spamming kernel logs. I have no idea why but this is not the first (and probably won't be the last this happens). See this bug in ubuntu all the way back from 2008. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/module-init-tools/+bug/240553
Same bug is observed in this logcat I captured from my j500h
I would say, that evbug should not be there in any case, because it's a debug tool.
It was modified from module to inbuilt in 2016 (long before I started to use this kernel).
I currently do a build without it to see if removing it has any noticeable side-effects.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
New build uploaded (see first post for links as usual).
September security patch, update to Bliss 14.7 and evbug removed, so much less (kernel-)logspam.

Bliss 14.7 might be the last Android 11 release, because Android 12 will most likely be official released this month

qscesza

Oct 19, 2018
September security patch, update to Bliss 14.7 and evbug removed, so much less (kernel-)logspam.

Bliss 14.7 might be the last Android 11 release, because Android 12 will most likely be official released this month
Hi
Thanks again.

Still The second SIM card is active but no sound is exchanged.

j500h

kay16

Dec 16, 2018
Hi
Thanks again.

Still The second SIM card is active but no sound is exchanged.

j500h
I had the same problem. i noticed that by default the preferred network type for both sims set as LTE but LTE mode doesn't work on both sims at the same time i set my primary sim network mode to LTE and for the other sim set it to 2G. after a restart voice should work on both sims. mine does. just try it.

Reactions: garylawwd

carlos974

May 18, 2016
Saint-Denis

About wifi display:
Cast is not working properly
-> connection -> reboot systemui (bootanimation)
If you need a log I can do it!

Thank you again for your job for our device.
The official Android 12 version is scheduled for October 04.
(y)

Top Liked Posts