BlissRoms 14.7 (R) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][VANILLA][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
Hi, it's me again.

I tried out a lot:
- Factory format
- Try out the R17, R19 and R26 version from bitgapps. (link for R27 was empty)
- Install OpenGapps instead
- Install from APK file

Result is always same: can't be installed. Download is finished 100% and then it crashes or stoppes. Is it possible that there is different versions of this application, depending on the type of mobile and because it is a custom rom the wrong one is selected? Or maybe the apps are not even suitable for the hardware but because of the custom rom they don't recognize it themselfs?
Bro,
Have U tried out:
1.Another version of that apk (familylink.apk) ?
for example:
https://m.apkpure.com/google-family-link-for-parents/com.google.android.apps.kids.familylink
Just go down below, u will find other version of it !
2.Another app store like fdroid, aptoide etc ... ?
3.Another version of BlissOS R based ?

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
Thanks for replying ❤️

Yes, I keep syncing opened all the time
bro,
if U have turned on all wifi-gps related settings from settings menu, but the problem persist, then, try to troubleshoot it with app gps stuff, e.g:
gps-fix.apk , wifi-fix.apk (example name only).
Just googling it or in U r app store.

• Love
Reactions: megoooo

Smarty73

Jun 16, 2021
Bro,
Have U tried out:
1.Another version of that apk (familylink.apk) ?
for example:
https://m.apkpure.com/google-family-link-for-parents/com.google.android.apps.kids.familylink
Just go down below, u will find other version of it !
2.Another app store like fdroid, aptoide etc ... ?
3.Another version of BlissOS R based ?
Thank you for your reply.
Well, first you have to see that there are two different apps:
The one that you suggest (family-link-for PARENTS) has to be installed at the parent's phone. What I need on the Custom-Rom-phone is the one for the kids: - family-link-for-kids. And yes, I tried different ways for that as well (apk file as well.)

Actually the download itself works and MAYBE (?) the installation itself as well, but it crashed during the setup procedure (I don't know whether this is still a part from the Gapps/Bitgapps/etc. installation or this is only related to the app?)
I also tried out
- install and use aptoide instead of gapps
- install google play services, google play store and google download manager, as I thought they might be needed for this app as well (I was just guessing)

But it doesn't work. During the install or setup procedure it always crashes or repeates the same steps.

There is other apps as well (I tried only few) which show the problem, that after download 100% the installation not even starts. For example some little games, like "Miraculous" or "Angry birds 2". The download-app (gapps, aptoide or whetever) just stuck at showing 100% or sometimes even go to show INSTALL, but if you click it it is stuck or will start to download it again.
I don't know, but I guess that something is missing in this custom ROM in comparison to the stock ROM, which might be needed to install those apps. Maybe it's just a little thing or something I need to install first, before downloading these apps?

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
Well, first you have to see that there are two different apps:
The one that you suggest (family-link-for PARENTS) has to be installed at the parent's phone. What I need on the Custom-Rom-phone is the one for the kids: - family-link-for-kids. And yes, I tried different ways for that as well (apk file as well.)

Actually the download itself works and MAYBE (?) the installation itself as well, but it crashed during the setup procedure (I don't know whether this is still a part from the Gapps/Bitgapps/etc. installation or this is only related to the app?)
I also tried out
- install and use aptoide instead of gapps
- install google play services, google play store and google download manager, as I thought they might be needed for this app as well (I was just guessing)

But it doesn't work. During the install or setup procedure it always crashes or repeates the same steps.

There is other apps as well (I tried only few) which show the problem, that after download 100% the installation not even starts. For example some little games, like "Miraculous" or "Angry birds 2". The download-app (gapps, aptoide or whetever) just stuck at showing 100% or sometimes even go to show INSTALL, but if you click it it is stuck or will start to download it again.
I don't know, but I guess that something is missing in this custom ROM in comparison to the stock ROM, which might be needed to install those apps. Maybe it's just a little thing or something I need to install first, before downloading these apps?
hmmm...simply, it's just not compatible with this ROM, Need a Deep Diagnose.

I Myself couldn't install softmaker freeoffice 2021 for instance, But the old version Works Well!
Ofcourse, there are several apps & games which I Failed to install, though, somehow I managed to find its alternatives.

So, Try Alternatives to FamilyLink one:
--------------------------------------

or

----------
GoodLuck!

hasangillani66

Nov 21, 2020
Realme 5
@jenslody
I love your rom so much and I am using it as a daily driver it's filled and smooth. It looks like it was made for j5. Thanks for this rom. I have on issue can you please add more accent colors in wallpaper and styles in your next build because there are few of them which doesn't match my wallpapers. Other then this there are no issues with your rom

Reactions: mudhar1797

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
Friends,

Does the kernel change with this rom? ( or when we do 'root' ) Or should we change the kernel to make the rom work better?

I've read this kernel issue but I don't quite understand it. If this rom comes with its own kernel, it's fine.

Last edited:

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
Last edited:

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
ETA ---> Estimated Time of Arrival

hmmm...i didnt notice this...
btw, U could try this sis :

I havent tried it on R based rom though...
On pie based Rom it works for me!

Regardling the banking apps, just use magisk hide. Mine works properly here.
hello bro

I think this link you sent is to disable it. What I'm wondering is, does not activating Selinux cause a security problem?

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
hello bro

I think this link you sent is to disable it. What I'm wondering is, does not activating Selinux cause a security problem?
That is for enabling & disabling the selinux sis. I could enforcing or permissive one the selinux on my phone with it.

The permissive mode sometimes create a problem on some apps. However, it also depends on how the environmental of our system (I guess).

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
That is for enabling & disabling the selinux sis. I could enforcing or permissive one the selinux on my phone with it.

The permissive mode sometimes create a problem on some apps. However, it also depends on how the environmental of our system (I guess).
Thank you. İ will try it for this rom when İ have time.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
A new build is online (see OP for links as usual).
Several Rom changes, and of course July security patch.

The build is still permissive, because it simply does not work fully in enforcing mode.
It took me some time to make it boot (no avc denials have been in logcat), but Wifi is broken and that's a no-go for me.
So if you try to run it in enforcing mode and you get it booting (the relevant changes are still in device-sepolicy) you will most likely have a partly broken rom.

This is the first update after two months and it might be the last one.
There is a reason I was not able to do updates the last two months and this reason is still valid (the only difference is, that I'm back home with fast internet), and I have to take care of myself.
And I`m extremly frustrated at the moment, because to me some users seem to be very demanding, but nearly nobody gives anything back.

Rgodoy8080

Jan 6, 2021
GREETINGS JESLODY AS YOU HAVE JUST REPORTED THAT IT WILL POSSIBLY BE THE LAST COMPILATION YOU WILL TAKE I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR KEEPING OUR J5 EQUIPMENT UPDATED I UNDERSTAND THAT IT MUST BE VERY EXTENDING THE WORK AND IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF TIME THAT YOU HAVE TO EXPEND GREAT TIME IN NEW VERY WELL

Top Liked Posts