BlissRoms 14.7 (R) for J5 (2016)[SM-J510x][VANILLA][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Esereth

Dec 30, 2021
Thx ; i had the same pb with LineageOS but installed it successfully with "notnoelchannel" advice, the same you said : wipe only before installation, not after.

About backup : I wonder if it's possible to restore a Smart Switch Backup ? Do I have to re-install stock ROM and use an other backup method ? :unsure:

Esereth

Dec 30, 2021
I'm so sad... It seems everything works except... SIM cards !! My smartphone is now only smart, but no more a phone ! :cry:

Last edited:

Ranaboys

Jul 15, 2013
I installed it yesterday.
I was on Stock 7.1.1 earlier.

The problem is with the speaker sound. It gives cracking sound as if the bass is increased too much.

I have tried the Lineage OS 17.1 also, same issue

This issue was not present in Stock Rom.

Any workaround for this? Just want to reduce bass output .

I have J510F.

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
I installed it yesterday.
I was on Stock 7.1.1 earlier.

The problem is with the speaker sound. It gives cracking sound as if the bass is increased too much.

I have tried the Lineage OS 17.1 also, same issue

This issue was not present in Stock Rom.

Any workaround for this? Just want to reduce bass output .

I have J510F.
I also have this issue, im assuming that its due to my speaker being damaged tho..

Anyways, that seems to be a problem with all roms, so you cant really complain. If you want to turn down the bass then get a system wide equaliser (rooted needed) and tune it how you like it!

Reactions: RootedLee

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
@RootedLee I don't use one, if just been living with it. I never use the phone speaker on loud volume, i consume media with my earbuds connected, the only time the phone speaker is really used is when the phone rings.
I did hear that Eqfy is a good root system wide eq, but ive never tried it.

Reactions: RootedLee

shahab_m4

Feb 8, 2020
Greetings and Regards
When installing the ROM, I encounter error 1 on TWRP
Is the model number of the J510F device
Is there a solution?

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
Are there any custom kernels which work with this? The ROM is nice and customisable, but its slow as heck after installing only whatsapp, youtube and gapps (micro). Im on a J510F. Apart from this, some of the skins in the themes section are bugged, so thats a bit annoying. They only get bugged if your rotate the device. It would also be nice if we could disable lockscreen rotation. Also, if you set Animator duration scale to 1x in dev options, and you have a pattern lock on your phone, when you swipe up for the pattern, it loads really slowly. In other roms such as havoc os, it shows the pattern lock instantly upon swiping, but in bliss and crdroid, it slowly appears according to the speed of animator duration scale. Setting it to 0x doesn't make it much faster, and that's just annoying because I like SOME animations. All in all, decent rom, but the speed is pretty bad. The battery life is also horrible. Drops about 1% per 2 minutes of screen on time, and it charges so slowly. I have a 2A charger, it estimates a 3.5hr charge, but actually takes around 5.5hrs from 0-100%. I never encountered these issues on my previous rom (HavocOS android10).

I wanted to compliment this rom after using it for about 2 months, but now having used it for 5 months, i can confirm that it is terrible. I hope that if there is any more android 11 development, it should not be as bad as this rom. Guess I'll stick to android 10, which has somewhat decent performance. All in all, android 9 roms were the best on this device.

I used this custom ROM on the phone, j5xnlte it has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed

The screen is too big
The control center is lagging
Mobile data on both SIM cards does not work
The design and themes are not good either
When the phone is booted, several white lines appear on the screen, as if the screen is broken, but in principle it is healthy ⁦🤦🏻
And...

I expect these bugs to be fixed and make the ROM more beautiful ⁦🗣️⁩⁦❤️🙏

I used this custom ROM on the phone, j5xnlte it has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed

The screen is too big
When the phone is booted, several white lines appear on the screen, as if the screen is broken, but in principle it is healthy ⁦🤦🏻
And...

Hello, i'm not the dev of this rom and thanks for following me.Please report these errors to the original dev :D

Reactions: Ali Khalilim

reggyxt

Dec 5, 2020
Vietnam
Samsung Galaxy J5
Oppo A37
alright. so,
The screen is too big
not a rom issue, it's the default dpi, remember that this device was not meant for android 12
due to scrolling text, not a rom issue either, change your dpi to 450 or something to minimize the amount of scrolling text on your screen at a time
already mentioned in the first post of that rom's thread if you actually read the known issues before installing
it's lineage, what do you expect? a rom with many customizations and themes? also what do you mean by "design"? it's literally what aosp is, with only a few minor changes like the monet quick settings and other things
might be due to nougat bootloader, try downgrading to marshmallow stock rom and then reflash this rom to see if it works

Reactions: notnoelchannel
alright. so,

not a rom issue, it's the default dpi, remember that this device was not meant for android 12

due to scrolling text, not a rom issue either, change your dpi to 450 or something to minimize the amount of scrolling text on your screen at a time

already mentioned in the first post of that rom's thread if you actually read the known issues before installing

it's lineage, what do you expect? a rom with many customizations and themes? also what do you mean by "design"? it's literally what aosp is, with only a few minor changes like the monet quick settings and other things

might be due to nougat bootloader, try downgrading to marshmallow stock rom and then reflash this rom to see if it works
okay thanks🙏

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the dev has left the party
    Nope, I'm still here, but I don't think our devices work good with A12.
    Even A11 does not work comletely bugfree.
    And I don't have the power to work on A12 for J5 at the moment (and I've got a A52 from work in the meantime).
    The Android 12 lineage that @notnoelchannel has linked is a beta build by the way, in case you didnt know.
    Shouldn't have linked these at an early stage, but I guess its good to get development in for our device by reporting bugs so.. eh

The screen is too big
    And...

Hello, i'm not the dev of this rom and thanks for following me.Please report these errors to the original dev :D
    alright. so,
    The screen is too big
    Why haven't you fixed the bugs yet?
    Please fix these bugs ...
    Mr jenslody🙏
    the dev has left the party
    BlissRoms.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
    and ends the world as we know it.
    You have been warned.

Rom-Information
    Bliss Rom 14.7 (based on Android 11) Unofficial VANILLA (no gapps)​
    More information about the rom can be found on the:​

What works

most stuff​
    in detail: ril, mobile data, wifi, camera, video, audio, nfc, fm-radio, gps, bluetooth, drm, pip​
    except what's listed in bugs​
    encryption works, decryption in TWRP also (at least with my TWRP), more details come, be careful and take a full backup before encrypting

Bugs

• mobile data (unreliable)
    • bluetooth
    • video recording
    • drm
    • pip
    • hotspot
      ĥ
    • encryption
    • miracast
    • no Volte!
    • You tell me

Credits
    all Galaxy-MSM8916 devs and contributors for the base trees​
    @Zakaryan2004 for some telegram chats about our device​
    @SebaUbuntu for fixing nfc and drm​
    the BlissRoms team for the great rom​
    the xda community​

Sources

Not all of the following sources and urls are uptodate

my local_manifests file pulls in several (slightly) modified or otherwise needed repos (e.g.):​
    and my device-tree:​

Downloads from my server

Instructions

At least MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !​
    Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !​
    You have to reboot one time after first boot to make mobile data work.​
    • Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, or use ODIN version)
    • Download the latest build
    • Put it on your device
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Take a full backup
    • If you want to be sure wipe the device
    • Flash the latest build
    • Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
    • Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.​
    I use it as daily driver without major issues, except mobile data (see above).
    I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom.​
    If you want to use gapps, be aware that you need the arm not the arm64 builds.
    No
    he's probably busy with his daily life
    This, and no changes in rom sources since nearly two weeks.
    And I'm stuck on clearing up my repos to finally push them.
    And working on (rarely at the moment) making selinux enforcing.
    A new build with december patch will come soon.
    I finally found the commit which broke the hwcomposer.
    Mobile data is still absolutely unreliable, but drm is fixed, and it should be possible to use the netflix app (at least it installs and starts without issues with microG installed).
    Finally a new build is out (see OP for links).
    The rom sourecs have been rebased, therefore the long delay and the increased version number (14.0 -> 14.1).
    Not all customizations have beem added back and you might need to do a clean flash, but you can try a dirty one before you have to set up everything a gain.
    As always a backup is recommended before updating.

If you don't mind to stay with february sec-patch there is no need to update, I think more customizations will come, but it's not up to me.
    New build is out, pip is working now.
    Links in OP are updated as always.
    Feedback is welcome.