Bloater::G2x Edition \\ easily switch out regional gps files

Search This thread

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
You can read the whole OP & description about what the app is and does over here. I will let the screenshots do the talking here :)

L4a65.png

How to use it
when you click Uninstall, it will DELETE your current gps.conf, if you'd like to keep it just in case, please be sure to rename it or make a backup. This is YOUR responsibility.

After you uninstall it, click the one which matches your location. The program will download the proper XML file, and it wil place it in the right directory, and it will set all the proper permissions for you.

Thanks to tweezit for the suggestion (and testing) and kev0153 for the original gps configuration files.

Download Bloater 0.72

PS> this program is designed to be easily expandable, apps, whatever. Open to suggestions :)

Last edited:

tweezit

Aug 6, 2010
Louisville
Guys this will be a great app to use for people with GPS issues as you can now select the area you live in to get the best results.

Great job birgertime as you exceeded in what I was talking about. :)

Reactions: jroyalty7

phburks

Nov 11, 2010
Orlando, FL
I have one question. When I open Bloater all of the regions say Uninstall. Does this mean they are all currently installed on my phone? I only see one gps.conf file when I look in /etc

ergibson83

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
It's only one installed. It appears all 'uninstall' buttons mean uninstall you current gps.conf file. When you have selected that all the buttons will say 'install', then select 'install' on the region you want.

ergibson83

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
I have one question. When I open Bloater all of the regions say Uninstall. Does this mean they are all currently installed on my phone? I only see one gps.conf file when I look in /etc

It's only one installed. It appears all 'uninstall' buttons mean uninstall you current gps.conf file. When you have selected that all the buttons will say 'install', then select 'install' on the region you want.

tweezit

Aug 6, 2010
Louisville
Just so you guys know installing them all can actually slow down GPS. Hence why this is the best method as now you can choose what satellite you actually need to be using.

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
Can I install all of them or do I just have to install my region?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

it's all replacing that one gps.conf file, which is why it says "uninstall" on all of them, as it sees that there's a gps.conf file.

just choose which one is closest to you and hit install on that one. it did wonders for me

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
Can you please display a map or boundaries for what states fall under which category ;)

I honestly have no idea. TweezIt suggested I do something like this, and I already had Bloater coded, so I just adapted it to his idea (of the different GPS configs being easily interchangeable).

Last edited:

jblah

Jul 9, 2011
Washington DC
update: i figured out how to install this..but now i need to know if DC is "middle NE" or North East..any maps?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can read the whole OP & description about what the app is and does over here. I will let the screenshots do the talking here :)

L4a65.png

How to use it
    when you click Uninstall, it will DELETE your current gps.conf, if you'd like to keep it just in case, please be sure to rename it or make a backup. This is YOUR responsibility.

After you uninstall it, click the one which matches your location. The program will download the proper XML file, and it wil place it in the right directory, and it will set all the proper permissions for you.

Thanks to tweezit for the suggestion (and testing) and kev0153 for the original gps configuration files.

Download Bloater 0.72

PS> this program is designed to be easily expandable, apps, whatever. Open to suggestions :)
    I used this map to see what config Illinois fell under:
    attachment.php

North East: Michigan to Maine, Illinois to Virginia
    North Mid States: North Dakota to Wisconsin, Nebraska to Iowa
    North West: Montana to Washington, Wyoming to Oregon
    South East: Tenn. to Miss, North Carolina to Florida
    South Mid States: Colorado to Missouri, Louisiana to New Mexico
    South West: California to Utah & New Mexico
    Guys this will be a great app to use for people with GPS issues as you can now select the area you live in to get the best results.

Great job birgertime as you exceeded in what I was talking about. :)
    Is there a .apk for this?

When I install the .zip in CWM, the install aborts... any ideas?

(the md5 checks out)

Zip? I'm looking at an APK link in the first post..... *confused*...