• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bloatware List [Explained]

Did your find this thread/topic useful ?

• Yes

Votes: 143 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
Hello all.
I plan to create this thread/post to help everyone know what the bloated apps are and to make it easier for them to know if they should remove them or not.

AccuweatherPhone2013.apk ------------------> is the clock/weather widget
AlarmWidget.apk ------------------> Widget that can be placed in the Home Screen to see and set alarms.
AllShareCastPlayer.apk ------------------>
AllSharePlay15.apk ------------------> Removing will impact Wifi-Direct function [Info from here]
AllshareControlShare.apk ------------------>
AllshareFileShare.apk ------------------> Removing will impact Wifi-Direct function [Info from here]
AllshareFileShareClient.apk ------------------> Removing will impact Wifi-Direct function [Info from here]
AllshareFileShareServer.apk -----------------> Removing will impact Wifi-Direct function [Info from here]
AllshareMediaServer.apk
AllshareMediaShare.apk
AutomationTest_FB.apk
Blurb.apk ------------------> An app to make Albums from pictures in your phone, and also allows you to print at random locations. Read more here.
ChatONV_J.apk ------------------> This is a chat application like WhatsApp. Market link
ChatON_feature.apk
ChocoEUKor.apk ------------------> Alternative font that you can use on your phone.
Chrome.apk ------------------> This is a phone browser made by Google. Market Link
ColorBlind.apk ------------------> Alternative font that you can use on your phone.
CoolEUKor.apk ------------------> Alternative font that you can use on your phone.
DigitalClock.apk ------------------> Clock Widget that you can add to your home screen.
DigitalClock21.apk ------------------>Same as above.
DroidSansSherifItalic.apk ------------------> Alternative font type to use for your phone.
Dropbox.apk ------------------> Cloud storage application by http://dropbox.com . It's like Google Drive/Sugar Sync. (Normally 2GB of space, but because you own a SGS4 you get 50GB)
DropboxOOBE.apk ------------------> I think is the Dropbox section of the initial phone setup
DualClockDigital.apk
Earth.apk ------------------> Like Google Maps, but with more features. Market Link
EasyFavoritesContactsWidget.apk ------------------> Widget for your Home Screen. It shows your favorite Contacts.
Episodes.apk --------------------> If you remove it, remove Blurb.apk too, since Blurb is used for print ordering of albums made with this app
FWUpgrade.apk
FactoryCamera_FB.apk
FactoryKeystring_FB.apk
FactoryTest_FB.apk
Flipboard.apk ------------------> Application for reading RSS news.
FotaClient.apk -----------------> "Software Update" shortcut widget. If you are rooted, you probably can't update either way.
GroupPlay_20.apk ------------------> Application for sharing with other Samsung Galaxy devices Pictures, and Music at the same time.
InteractiveTutorial.apk ---------------->Tutorial: "Help" app that guides you through your phone's features and provides info when needed
KNOXStore.apk -------------> Samsung KNOX Mobile Security
kies.apk ------------------> The Kies app to use for your phone and pc.
kieswifi.apk ------------------> Kies to use over Wifi. (Wireless)
Lookout_TMO.apk ------------------> T-mobile tmobile annoying app that scans all apps for viruses. It's the little green thing that always shows up on the notification bar.
NoiseField.apk ------------------> Live wallpaper - 'Bubbles'
PolarisViewer5.apk ------------------> allows you to view documents/Polaris Office documents. (word, excell, powerpoint..)
Peel.apk ------------------> Part of the WatchOn app, the remote control part I think
PhaseBeam.apk ------------------> Phase Beam Live Wallpaper
PhotoRetouching_fhd.apk ------------------> Photo Retouch camera FEATURE
PhotoTable.apk
PlusOne.apk ------------------> Google+ (A type of Facebook / Sociale Networking)
RoseEUKor.apk ------------------> Alternative font to use on your phone.
S-Voice_Android_phone_J.apk ------------------> Application to record voice, and make voice notes.
SHealth2.apk ------------------> Application for Health. Tracks steps, cardio, gym, etc.
SMemo2.apk ------------------> Application for writing notes. You can write notes on text, or use your finger to paint.
SPlannerAppWidget.apk
SamsungApps_J_Only.apk
SamsungHubUpdater.apk -----------------> Samsung Hub updating app
SamsungBooks.apk
SamsungGames.apk ------------------> A type of Android Market where you can download games.
SamsungHub.apk ------------------> Samsung Hub app
SamsungLearning.apk
SamsungMusic.apk
SamsungOCR2.apk ------------------> Application with which you can take pictures of text, and it converts them to text, and can also translate to other languages.
SamsungSans.apk ------------------> Another font to use for your phone.
SamsungVideo.apk ------------------> Application to watch videos on your phone.
SamsungWatchON.apk ------------------> Application to turn ON and OFF TVs. around your house, office, etc.
SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk
SimpleWidget.apk ------------------> Widget to place on Homescreen. All it does is display a number of how many apps you have currently running in the background.
StoryAlbumWidget.apk ------------------> is the widget for Story Album
SyncmlDM.apk --------------------> Software Updates
SyncmlDS.apk
talk.apk ------------------> Application by Google to talk with your Gmail friends/contacts (Gtalk , Google Talk)
talkback.apk
TravelService.apk ------------------> Trying to install it shows up as Travel Wallpaper? Could be related to the S-Travel App
TravelWidget.apk ------------------> The S-Travel Widget
TrimApp_phone_J.apk
TripAdvisor.apk ------------------> TripAdvisor.com application. To help you plan trips, hotels, etc.
WeatherWidgetDaemon.apk ------------------> Widget that you can place on the HomeScreen and will tell you the weather.
YahoonewsPhone2013.apk ------------------> Application by Yahoo.com to read news.
YahoostockPhone2013.apk ------------------> Application by Yahoo.com to check Stocks $.
YouTube.apk ------------------> Youtube.com application. An application to watch Youtube.com videos.
Com2usPoker_ASGC.apk ------------------> Poker game app made by Com2US
KNOXStore.apk -----------------> Samsung KNOX Mobile Security
KNOXAgent.apk -----------------> KNOX is Samsungs very own security app. For example: It tells you that
an application tried to change something on your phone and advises you
to reboot your phone due to security reasons. Can be very annoying on a rooted phone.
Match3VS.apk ------------------> Online game
Magazines.apk
Music2.apk ------------------> Google Play Music Application to play music on your phone. You can also download a music APK from the PlayStore.

Please help me and post below what the apps do/are/market link, and I will update this post.

Thanks.

-- Big Thanks to --
Brownie2k
mrvirginia

Last edited:

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
Hey Brother ! Beautiful write up we thank you...

.. but wrong section .. not to mention you have been on xda since 2009 !. Ask a mod to move your thread

Thank you.

I thought about placing it in the General Section, however, I thought that no one would see it there, so I figured this could be like a "Rom Bible" kind of topic, that even though it has nothing to do with development, still belongs in that section.

Anyways... you guys can place this wherever you want.

Brownie2k

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
From what I can figure out (I might be wrong on some)...

AccuweatherPhone2013.apk is the clock/weather widget
ChocoEUKor.apk is an alternative font that you can use
CoolEUKor.apk is another font
DropboxOOBE.apk I think is the Dropbox section of the initial phone setup
DualClockDigital.apk is the digital dual clock widget
RoseEUKor.apk I think is another font
Samsunghub.apk is the Samsung Hub app
SPlannerAppWidget.apk is the widget for the S-Planner App
StoryAlbumWidget.apk is the widget for Story Album
FOTAClient.apk I think is something about OTA Updates
PolarisViewer5.apk allows you to view documents/Polaris Office documents?

If I figure anymore out, i'll add when I know.

Reactions: xologist

pitcher85

Sep 17, 2011
Any idea where the S-Planner itself is hidden?
I am using the Google Calendar app and everytime I am getting two notification also from this crappy S-Planner :)

Brownie2k

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
I am using the Google Calendar app and everytime I am getting two notification also from this crappy S-Planner :)

After a little bit of looking around, It seems that the S Planner app is called

SecCalender.apk and also uses SecCalenderProvider.apk

I've also read that removing them can cause problems with Touchwiz, so I guess removing them is at your own risk.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

A couple more...

Samsungsans.apk - Another font to use for your phone.
Phasebeam.apk - Phase Beam Live Wallpaper
CoolEUKor.apk - Another font to use for your phone
Peel.apk - Part of the WatchOn app, the remote control part I think
TravelWidget.apk - I'm pretty sure it's the S-Travel Widget
TravelService.apk - Trying to install it shows up as Travel Wallpaper? Could be related to the S-Travel App
Match3v3.apk - Online game

Theres quite a few more apps included in the MEA firmware

Reactions: xologist

PantsDownJedi

Oct 30, 2011

I've also read that removing them can cause problems with Touchwiz, so I guess removing them is at your own risk.firmware

Haven't tested on the S4 as I use CalenGoo now, but on my prior Samsung Google Calendar and SecCalendar both used the same Calendar storage so making a change in one calendar meant the other one changed settings as well, however they weren't necisarily the same settings that would stick after a reboot, for example my notification wouldn't stick with both installed and if I remember right, the calendars to display didn't stick as me and wife don't share a calendar but have each other visible on each other's calendar. I don't know if this is still an issue, but SecCalendarProvider.apk was neccissary for either to work; I think it is what google calendar sync depends upon and that both apps use it.
On a stock phone you usually have google Calendar sync provider and this is what I beleive the S4 uses instead. Freezing just the Splanner app and using the Google Calendar may well work. If you test it out, test it well with reboots and so forth, but I think it should work. I don't know about the Touchwiz problem though as I don't use it. You can install a backup launcher temporarily.

Perhaps this wasn't necessary or of any help; but I HATED the calendar troubles I had when trying to run both so its a nit picking thing for me; I'd be trying everything (and have done so in the past) to get the calendar I wanted without double notifications in addition to trying to solve any Launcer issues.

pitcher85

Sep 17, 2011

I've also read that removing them can cause problems with Touchwiz, so I guess removing them is at your own risk.

Perhaps this wasn't necessary or of any help; but I HATED the calendar troubles I had when trying to run both so its a nit picking thing for me; I'd be trying everything (and have done so in the past) to get the calendar I wanted without double notifications in addition to trying to solve any Launcer issues.

:good:

Thank you for your help!

After deleting the SecCalendarProvider.apk my installed Google Calendar does not work anymore also after reinstalling.
Seems like any calendar app uses the pre-installed provider and is not installing its own if missing.

But if I only delete SecCalendar_SPen.apk then my installed Google Calendar works well and I am only getting one appointment notification from the Google Calendar.
Also any calendar intent is going to the Google Calendar. Nice!

:)

Reactions: jasparagus

caled

Sep 25, 2011
first, thank u for the list, is really helpfull

i found with the apk's in system/app, some files with .odex extension
i should delete those too? for removing some bloatware
there is any other files that i need to delete to complete removing bloatware?

and sorry for such nb question :)
thanks again for good work

TawaNicolas

Sep 30, 2010
Does anyone know which apk is responsible for the S Cover functionality?
I wanna disable that because it's causing a bug on my S4 :/

Any help would be awesome.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Does anyone know which apk is responsible for the S Cover functionality?
I wanna disable that because it's causing a bug on my S4 :/

Any help would be awesome.

Theres an apk called Glanceview in /system/app, cant remember is its the sview functionality or the quick glance (screen that appears when using the motion gesture feature).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
I think I've managed to de-clutter a lot of the bloatware on my S4. I was looking at the running apps and was wondering if anyone new was 'Filter Installer' relates to?

It seems to be a Samsung app/service of some sort that runs in the background automatically, just wondering if its safe to remove (if I can find it).

com.samsung.android.app.filterinstaller

Reactions: mw86

nonentity

Sep 26, 2005
Singapore
One thing I realized it that MusicPlayerWT.apk works hand in hand with SamSungMusic.apk

If you had removed SamSungMusic.apk, MusicPlayerWT.apk will not work even if u restore it... reflashing ROM seems to be the only way to get it back to work...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all.
    I plan to create this thread/post to help everyone know what the bloated apps are and to make it easier for them to know if they should remove them or not.

AccuweatherPhone2013.apk ------------------> is the clock/weather widget
    AlarmWidget.apk ------------------> Widget that can be placed in the Home Screen to see and set alarms.
    AllShareCastPlayer.apk ------------------>
    AllSharePlay15.apk ------------------> Removing will impact Wifi-Direct function [Info from here]
    AllshareControlShare.apk ------------------>
    AllshareFileShare.apk ------------------> Removing will impact Wifi-Direct function [Info from here]
    AllshareFileShareClient.apk ------------------> Removing will impact Wifi-Direct function [Info from here]
    AllshareFileShareServer.apk -----------------> Removing will impact Wifi-Direct function [Info from here]
    AllshareMediaServer.apk
    AllshareMediaShare.apk
    AutomationTest_FB.apk
    Blurb.apk ------------------> An app to make Albums from pictures in your phone, and also allows you to print at random locations. Read more here.
    ChatONV_J.apk ------------------> This is a chat application like WhatsApp. Market link
    ChatON_feature.apk
    ChocoEUKor.apk ------------------> Alternative font that you can use on your phone.
    Chrome.apk ------------------> This is a phone browser made by Google. Market Link
    ColorBlind.apk ------------------> Alternative font that you can use on your phone.
    CoolEUKor.apk ------------------> Alternative font that you can use on your phone.
    DigitalClock.apk ------------------> Clock Widget that you can add to your home screen.
    DigitalClock21.apk ------------------>Same as above.
    DroidSansSherifItalic.apk ------------------> Alternative font type to use for your phone.
    Dropbox.apk ------------------> Cloud storage application by http://dropbox.com . It's like Google Drive/Sugar Sync. (Normally 2GB of space, but because you own a SGS4 you get 50GB)
    DropboxOOBE.apk ------------------> I think is the Dropbox section of the initial phone setup
    DualClockDigital.apk
    Earth.apk ------------------> Like Google Maps, but with more features. Market Link
    EasyFavoritesContactsWidget.apk ------------------> Widget for your Home Screen. It shows your favorite Contacts.
    Episodes.apk --------------------> If you remove it, remove Blurb.apk too, since Blurb is used for print ordering of albums made with this app
    FWUpgrade.apk
    FactoryCamera_FB.apk
    FactoryKeystring_FB.apk
    FactoryTest_FB.apk
    Flipboard.apk ------------------> Application for reading RSS news.
    FotaClient.apk -----------------> "Software Update" shortcut widget. If you are rooted, you probably can't update either way.
    GroupPlay_20.apk ------------------> Application for sharing with other Samsung Galaxy devices Pictures, and Music at the same time.
    InteractiveTutorial.apk ---------------->Tutorial: "Help" app that guides you through your phone's features and provides info when needed
    KNOXStore.apk -------------> Samsung KNOX Mobile Security
    kies.apk ------------------> The Kies app to use for your phone and pc.
    kieswifi.apk ------------------> Kies to use over Wifi. (Wireless)
    Lookout_TMO.apk ------------------> T-mobile tmobile annoying app that scans all apps for viruses. It's the little green thing that always shows up on the notification bar.
    NoiseField.apk ------------------> Live wallpaper - 'Bubbles'
    PolarisViewer5.apk ------------------> allows you to view documents/Polaris Office documents. (word, excell, powerpoint..)
    Peel.apk ------------------> Part of the WatchOn app, the remote control part I think
    PhaseBeam.apk ------------------> Phase Beam Live Wallpaper
    PhotoRetouching_fhd.apk ------------------> Photo Retouch camera FEATURE
    PhotoTable.apk
    PlusOne.apk ------------------> Google+ (A type of Facebook / Sociale Networking)
    RoseEUKor.apk ------------------> Alternative font to use on your phone.
    S-Voice_Android_phone_J.apk ------------------> Application to record voice, and make voice notes.
    SHealth2.apk ------------------> Application for Health. Tracks steps, cardio, gym, etc.
    SMemo2.apk ------------------> Application for writing notes. You can write notes on text, or use your finger to paint.
    SPlannerAppWidget.apk
    SamsungApps_J_Only.apk
    SamsungHubUpdater.apk -----------------> Samsung Hub updating app
    SamsungBooks.apk
    SamsungGames.apk ------------------> A type of Android Market where you can download games.
    SamsungHub.apk ------------------> Samsung Hub app
    SamsungLearning.apk
    SamsungMusic.apk
    SamsungOCR2.apk ------------------> Application with which you can take pictures of text, and it converts them to text, and can also translate to other languages.
    SamsungSans.apk ------------------> Another font to use for your phone.
    SamsungVideo.apk ------------------> Application to watch videos on your phone.
    SamsungWatchON.apk ------------------> Application to turn ON and OFF TVs. around your house, office, etc.
    SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk
    SimpleWidget.apk ------------------> Widget to place on Homescreen. All it does is display a number of how many apps you have currently running in the background.
    StoryAlbumWidget.apk ------------------> is the widget for Story Album
    SyncmlDM.apk --------------------> Software Updates
    SyncmlDS.apk
    talk.apk ------------------> Application by Google to talk with your Gmail friends/contacts (Gtalk , Google Talk)
    talkback.apk
    TravelService.apk ------------------> Trying to install it shows up as Travel Wallpaper? Could be related to the S-Travel App
    TravelWidget.apk ------------------> The S-Travel Widget
    TrimApp_phone_J.apk
    TripAdvisor.apk ------------------> TripAdvisor.com application. To help you plan trips, hotels, etc.
    WeatherWidgetDaemon.apk ------------------> Widget that you can place on the HomeScreen and will tell you the weather.
    YahoonewsPhone2013.apk ------------------> Application by Yahoo.com to read news.
    YahoostockPhone2013.apk ------------------> Application by Yahoo.com to check Stocks $.
    YouTube.apk ------------------> Youtube.com application. An application to watch Youtube.com videos.
    Com2usPoker_ASGC.apk ------------------> Poker game app made by Com2US
    KNOXStore.apk -----------------> Samsung KNOX Mobile Security
    KNOXAgent.apk -----------------> KNOX is Samsungs very own security app. For example: It tells you that
    an application tried to change something on your phone and advises you
    to reboot your phone due to security reasons. Can be very annoying on a rooted phone.
    Match3VS.apk ------------------> Online game
    Magazines.apk
    Music2.apk ------------------> Google Play Music Application to play music on your phone. You can also download a music APK from the PlayStore.

Please help me and post below what the apps do/are/market link, and I will update this post.

Thanks.

-- Big Thanks to --
    Brownie2k
    mrvirginia
    From what I can figure out (I might be wrong on some)...

AccuweatherPhone2013.apk is the clock/weather widget
    ChocoEUKor.apk is an alternative font that you can use
    CoolEUKor.apk is another font
    DropboxOOBE.apk I think is the Dropbox section of the initial phone setup
    DualClockDigital.apk is the digital dual clock widget
    RoseEUKor.apk I think is another font
    Samsunghub.apk is the Samsung Hub app
    SPlannerAppWidget.apk is the widget for the S-Planner App
    StoryAlbumWidget.apk is the widget for Story Album
    FOTAClient.apk I think is something about OTA Updates
    PolarisViewer5.apk allows you to view documents/Polaris Office documents?

If I figure anymore out, i'll add when I know.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

A couple more...

Samsungsans.apk - Another font to use for your phone.
    Phasebeam.apk - Phase Beam Live Wallpaper
    CoolEUKor.apk - Another font to use for your phone
    Peel.apk - Part of the WatchOn app, the remote control part I think
    TravelWidget.apk - I'm pretty sure it's the S-Travel Widget
    TravelService.apk - Trying to install it shows up as Travel Wallpaper? Could be related to the S-Travel App
    Match3v3.apk - Online game

Theres quite a few more apps included in the MEA firmware

:good:

Thank you for your help!

After deleting the SecCalendarProvider.apk my installed Google Calendar does not work anymore also after reinstalling.
    Seems like any calendar app uses the pre-installed provider and is not installing its own if missing.

But if I only delete SecCalendar_SPen.apk then my installed Google Calendar works well and I am only getting one appointment notification from the Google Calendar.
    Also any calendar intent is going to the Google Calendar. Nice!

:)
    I think I've managed to de-clutter a lot of the bloatware on my S4. I was looking at the running apps and was wondering if anyone new was 'Filter Installer' relates to?

It seems to be a Samsung app/service of some sort that runs in the background automatically, just wondering if its safe to remove (if I can find it).

com.samsung.android.app.filterinstaller