• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Blu B130DL Unlock/Recovery/Root RELEASE]

Search This thread
photo_2021-01-30_04-04-14.jpg

Proudly Presents
Another Exclusive Release

Supported Model
Blu View 2
B130DL

Recoveries
TWRP_10 Recovery

Roms
GSI Roms ?

Info
Patched-lk.img contains the Orange State Boot warning Patched out
Patched-boot.img & Patched-vbmeta.img Are Pre-Rooted Images

BootLoader Unlock
MtkClient

Recovery Download & Device Tree
Device Source

A-Team Website
A-Team Supported Devices

TeleGram Live Support
A-Team Digital Solutions

Contributors
Thanks to @bkerler for MtkClient​

Last edited:

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
I’m sorry, but, where are the patched images? Are they on GitHub?
Also, are they stock or TWRP
I made my own image files from Firmware with build number QP1A.190711.020
And build version
V10.0.05.05.05.02

at the moment twrp isn't exactly functional so you need to install with mtkclient. Also it's not exactly apparent but you need to do this with the battery removed. If anyone wants I can make a guide better detailing the bootloader unlock process.

Put the attachments in the mtkclient folder.(vbmeta is included with mtkclient)
Backup your existing partitions using
python mtk r boot,lk,vbmeta boot.img,lk.img,vbmeta.img

Write new partitions using
python mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.p.img,lk.p.img,vbmeta.img.empty

(If python fails try just using py)

install patched magisk from here
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/v...9e22fa276698f6c03bc1168df2c10/app-release.apk

Thanks PizzaG for the unlock process.

Attachments

• boot.p.img
    32 MB · Views: 61
  • lk.p.img
    1 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Reactions: PizzaG

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
Before someone installs twrp can they make a backup of their recovery for me?

python mtk r recovery recovery.img

Could be python or py depending on your system

Also I am working on getting gsis or other custom ROMs on the device. Lack of fastboot and fastbootd make it a pain but I got one gsi to boot (network issues though)

Last edited:

zph0eniz

Aug 18, 2021
Hi, so I got this phone as a backup.

I tried putting in another sim card, but it said invalid.

Any idea if rooting would help? Or is this more of a hardware incompatibility?

timjames474

Hi, so I got this phone as a backup.

I tried putting in another sim card, but it said invalid.

Any idea if rooting would help? Or is this more of a hardware incompatibility?
SIMLock. Nothing you can do besides use it on TracFone for a year. I've seen GSIs remove sim locks before but it's been a while,and it was on Kroger Wireless in the Sprint days. Maybe it will work maybe it won't.

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
And build version
V10.0.05.05.05.02

at the moment twrp isn't exactly functional so you need to install with mtkclient. Also it's not exactly apparent but you need to do this with the battery removed. If anyone wants I can make a guide better detailing the bootloader unlock process.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/v...9e22fa276698f6c03bc1168df2c10/app-release.apk

Finally by booting the livedvd directly on my computer instead of in VirtualBox I got mtkclient to work and stop getting the EMI 12 byte error.

Then I made a successful backup and proceeded to flash the two files you attached. The third I assumed should be an empty file so I touched an empty file into existence before writing.

I assumed I need to boot up the phone in order to flash the patched magisk you provided. The phone screen stayed black. Using lsusb shows that the phone is in a bootloop since it appears and disappears from the list of devices.

I flashed back the backup images and the phone, as expected, boots up but is not unlocked or rooted.

What am I missing here to get my B130DL rooted?

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
Finally by booting the livedvd directly on my computer instead of in VirtualBox I got mtkclient to work and stop getting the EMI 12 byte error.

Then I made a successful backup and proceeded to flash the two files you attached. The third I assumed should be an empty file so I touched an empty file into existence before writing.

I assumed I need to boot up the phone in order to flash the patched magisk you provided. The phone screen stayed black. Using lsusb shows that the phone is in a bootloop since it appears and disappears from the list of devices.

I flashed back the backup images and the phone, as expected, boots up but is not unlocked or rooted.

What am I missing here to get my B130DL rooted?
Did you follow the instructions on the mtkclient github to unlock the bootloader first? Does your firmware match the files I posted? The blank vbmeta is in the download of mtkclient no need to make one. If your firmware does not match mine I can patch the files manually if you attach them and make sure to let me know what firmware or I can walk you through doing it yourself.

Useful links

Creating your own patched boot.img guide.
https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

Creating your own patched lk.img (the orange state is what you need to remove)
https://www.getdroidtips.com/orange-yellow-red-state-warnings-mediatek/

Last edited:

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
Did you follow the instructions on the mtkclient github to unlock the bootloader first? Does your firmware match the files I posted? The blank vbmeta is in the download of mtkclient no need to make one. If your firmware does not match mine I can patch the files manually if you attach them and make sure to let me know what firmware or I can walk you through doing it yourself.
Custom build version is BLU_B130DL_V10. 0.05.05.05.02_FSec
Build number QP1A.190711.020
This appears to match yours.

I'll need to reread the unlock bootloader part.

Thanks for the super fast reply!

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
No I did not. And it appears I first need to backup boot and vbmeta, reboot phone, install patched magisk, adb push boot.img and install boot.img using magisk, pull boot.img back off phone and save as boot.patched before unlocking bootloader. Or do I just skip to the unlock bootloader section?
Since you have same firmware you don't need to do magisk first. Just follow unlock procedure then flash the 2 modified files and blank vbmeta and reboot and install patched magisk apk. If your interested I created a magisk module that enables gesture navigation. Working on a debloat module as well.

bbcdt22

Jan 27, 2020
Hey just wanted to say thanks to all that worked to get this going, y'all got my Alcatel tetra rooted, or some of y'all were in on that project and now my view 2, and I was just curious to see if it would work, so I attempted this whole process, on tcl a3 a509dl, took out the boot lk vbmeta, from mtkclient, and backed up those files for tcl then created magisk patch and lk patch and reflashed and it work, anyway again thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And build version
    V10.0.05.05.05.02

And build version
    V10.0.05.05.05.02