A-Team Supported Devices

TeleGram Live Support
A-Team Digital Solutions

Contributors
Thanks to @bkerler for MtkClient​

Last edited:

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
I’m sorry, but, where are the patched images? Are they on GitHub?
Also, are they stock or TWRP
I made my own image files from Firmware with build number QP1A.190711.020
And build version
V10.0.05.05.05.02

at the moment twrp isn't exactly functional so you need to install with mtkclient. Also it's not exactly apparent but you need to do this with the battery removed. If anyone wants I can make a guide better detailing the bootloader unlock process.

Put the attachments in the mtkclient folder.(vbmeta is included with mtkclient)
Backup your existing partitions using
python mtk r boot,lk,vbmeta boot.img,lk.img,vbmeta.img

Write new partitions using
python mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.p.img,lk.p.img,vbmeta.img.empty

(If python fails try just using py)

install patched magisk from here
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/v...9e22fa276698f6c03bc1168df2c10/app-release.apk

Thanks PizzaG for the unlock process.

Attachments

• boot.p.img
    32 MB · Views: 619
  • lk.p.img
    1 MB · Views: 438
Last edited:

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
Before someone installs twrp can they make a backup of their recovery for me?

python mtk r recovery recovery.img

Could be python or py depending on your system

Also I am working on getting gsis or other custom ROMs on the device. Lack of fastboot and fastbootd make it a pain but I got one gsi to boot (network issues though)

Last edited:

zph0eniz

Aug 18, 2021
Hi, so I got this phone as a backup.

I tried putting in another sim card, but it said invalid.

Any idea if rooting would help? Or is this more of a hardware incompatibility?

Hi, so I got this phone as a backup.

I tried putting in another sim card, but it said invalid.

Any idea if rooting would help? Or is this more of a hardware incompatibility?
SIMLock. Nothing you can do besides use it on TracFone for a year. I've seen GSIs remove sim locks before but it's been a while,and it was on Kroger Wireless in the Sprint days. Maybe it will work maybe it won't.

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
And build version
V10.0.05.05.05.02

at the moment twrp isn't exactly functional so you need to install with mtkclient. Also it's not exactly apparent but you need to do this with the battery removed. If anyone wants I can make a guide better detailing the bootloader unlock process.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/v...9e22fa276698f6c03bc1168df2c10/app-release.apk

Finally by booting the livedvd directly on my computer instead of in VirtualBox I got mtkclient to work and stop getting the EMI 12 byte error.

Then I made a successful backup and proceeded to flash the two files you attached. The third I assumed should be an empty file so I touched an empty file into existence before writing.

I assumed I need to boot up the phone in order to flash the patched magisk you provided. The phone screen stayed black. Using lsusb shows that the phone is in a bootloop since it appears and disappears from the list of devices.

I flashed back the backup images and the phone, as expected, boots up but is not unlocked or rooted.

What am I missing here to get my B130DL rooted?

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
Finally by booting the livedvd directly on my computer instead of in VirtualBox I got mtkclient to work and stop getting the EMI 12 byte error.

Then I made a successful backup and proceeded to flash the two files you attached. The third I assumed should be an empty file so I touched an empty file into existence before writing.

I assumed I need to boot up the phone in order to flash the patched magisk you provided. The phone screen stayed black. Using lsusb shows that the phone is in a bootloop since it appears and disappears from the list of devices.

I flashed back the backup images and the phone, as expected, boots up but is not unlocked or rooted.

What am I missing here to get my B130DL rooted?
Did you follow the instructions on the mtkclient github to unlock the bootloader first? Does your firmware match the files I posted? The blank vbmeta is in the download of mtkclient no need to make one. If your firmware does not match mine I can patch the files manually if you attach them and make sure to let me know what firmware or I can walk you through doing it yourself.

Useful links

Creating your own patched boot.img guide.
https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

Creating your own patched lk.img (the orange state is what you need to remove)
https://www.getdroidtips.com/orange-yellow-red-state-warnings-mediatek/

Last edited:

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
Did you follow the instructions on the mtkclient github to unlock the bootloader first? Does your firmware match the files I posted? The blank vbmeta is in the download of mtkclient no need to make one. If your firmware does not match mine I can patch the files manually if you attach them and make sure to let me know what firmware or I can walk you through doing it yourself.
Custom build version is BLU_B130DL_V10. 0.05.05.05.02_FSec
Build number QP1A.190711.020
This appears to match yours.

I'll need to reread the unlock bootloader part.

Thanks for the super fast reply!

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
Did you unlock the bootloader first
No I did not. And it appears I first need to backup boot and vbmeta, reboot phone, install patched magisk, adb push boot.img and install boot.img using magisk, pull boot.img back off phone and save as boot.patched before unlocking bootloader. Or do I just skip to the unlock bootloader section?

mateo121212

Apr 6, 2015
No I did not. And it appears I first need to backup boot and vbmeta, reboot phone, install patched magisk, adb push boot.img and install boot.img using magisk, pull boot.img back off phone and save as boot.patched before unlocking bootloader. Or do I just skip to the unlock bootloader section?
Since you have same firmware you don't need to do magisk first. Just follow unlock procedure then flash the 2 modified files and blank vbmeta and reboot and install patched magisk apk. If your interested I created a magisk module that enables gesture navigation. Working on a debloat module as well.

bbcdt22

Jan 27, 2020
Hey just wanted to say thanks to all that worked to get this going, y'all got my Alcatel tetra rooted, or some of y'all were in on that project and now my view 2, and I was just curious to see if it would work, so I attempted this whole process, on tcl a3 a509dl, took out the boot lk vbmeta, from mtkclient, and backed up those files for tcl then created magisk patch and lk patch and reflashed and it work, anyway again thank you

Reactions: PizzaG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2021-01-30_04-04-14.jpg

Proudly Presents
    Another Exclusive Release

Supported Model
    Blu View 2
    B130DL

Recoveries
    TWRP_10 Recovery

Roms
    GSI Roms ?

Info
    Patched-lk.img contains the Orange State Boot warning Patched out
    Patched-boot.img & Patched-vbmeta.img Are Pre-Rooted Images

BootLoader Unlock
    MtkClient

Recovery Download & Device Tree
    Device Source

A-Team Website
    A-Team Supported Devices

TeleGram Live Support
    A-Team Digital Solutions

Contributors
    Thanks to @bkerler for MtkClient​
    I’m sorry, but, where are the patched images? Are they on GitHub?
    Also, are they stock or TWRP
    And build version
    V10.0.05.05.05.02

Here is a tutorial on how to root:

1. Burn the ISO provided by OP to a USB stick.
    2. Boot to the USB.
    3. Now the key thing to know is, after each command you type, you'll have to make sure you let the command finish, or you cancel it correctly, or else you'll have to re-put yourself in brom mode (See J.).
    A. Pull up Terminal and navigate to folder:
    Code:
    cd /opt/mtkclient
    All commands will be ran from this folder
    B. With phone unplugged from USB, type command
    Code:
    python mtk_gui
    C. It will keep running a loop in terminal until you plug your phone in and put it in brom mode. So you can take your time.
    D. Go to Settings/Additional settings/Developer options, enable "OEM unlock" and "USB Debugging"
    E. Power off phone with USB unplugged.
    F. Hold both volume buttons, and plug in USB
    G. Brom mode takes like.. literally 1 to 2 seconds to actually get into it. The phone screen should not turn on, this is good.
    H. You will see the text change in terminal it will say 'Device Detected', then you can let go of the volume buttons.
    I. Now that you have figured out how to get into brom mode with the terminal, the command:
    Code:
    python mtk_gui
    is now trash. you will never use it again.
    J. To close out of the mtk_GUI properly, click the 'X' in the upper right part of the GUI. If you do this, your brom should be good.
    K. If the command finishes, brom mode should be back to normal. If brom gets out of wack, run a valid command in terminal, unplug USB, plug USB + Volume keys for 1 to 2 seconds and you should see 'Device Detected' in Terminal to tell you your in brom mode..
    L. To summarize: open terminal, run command, plug in phone, watch it connect, run command, wait for command to finish. Repeat.
    4. Now actual rooting.
    A. ALERT!! ALERT!! DRAGONS!! Backup partitions we are going to be messing with just incase something goes wrong. Make sure you save it in a partition location thats NOT apart of the USB (otherwise it won't be saved. You'll reboot and the saved files will be gone)
    Code:
    B. This will create boot.img, lk.img, and vbmeta.img in /opt/mtkclient directory. You'll need to copy those somewhere else, as anything in the /opt/mtkclient directory will not be saved on reboot (or any other USB stick directories).

B.1. You can skip Steps, C, E, F, some of G if you use have the same BUILD# as mateo121212's then you can (and probably should) use his boot.p.img and lk.p.img files he graciously uploaded to us.

C. Boot into android, adb push your saved boot.img onto the phone somewhere. install magisk apk
    D. Open magisk, click 'install', when you click 'next' it will ask you for a file, which you will give it the boot.img that we created in step B.
    E. When magisk finishes, it will output a file 'magisk_patched-*.img', meaning magisk injected itself into the boot partition img file. We are going to Rename it to 'boot.patched.img' and write back to the phone. Patch lk.img with a hex editor if you don't want the screen to say 'Orange State' message and name it lk.patched.img. If you don't care about the message then I don't think you have to mess with the lk partition at all.)
    F. Now we are going to use the 'boot.patched.img' that was given to us by magisk (or mateo121212). The correct vbmeta.img.empty is already located in the /opt/mtkclient folder by default, so you have everything you need at this point.
    G. Boot back into ISO and write the boot.patched.img and lk.patched.img (or boot.p.img and lk.p.img)

If you have a lk.patched.img:
    Code:
    python mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.patched.img,lk.patched.img,vbmeta.img.empty
    If you don't then:
    Code:
    python mtk w boot,vbmeta boot.patched.img,vbmeta.img.empty
    5. Unlock bootloader:
    A. Erase all user data:
    Code:
    python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc
    B. Unlock bootloader with this command
    Code:
    python mtk da seccfg unlock
    C. If you didn't flash lk.img, then when you Boot you should see the 'Orange state' text, which means your bootloader is unlocked. If you patched lk.img, then the 'blu' logo screen should look the same.
    D. Now you have a iconless magisk that can survive command from 5.A . If you open the magisk icon, it will tell you to turn on the internet. So do that, and it will install some stuff and reboot.
    E. Congrats! Your phone is now rooted Enjoy!

6. ALERT!! ALERT!! DRAGONS!! At the time of writing (Oct 22, 2021 TWRP RELEASE specifically), its actually a waste of time to flash TWRP. TWRP should be used for information only!! If you accidently execute the wrong command in TWRP, it can easily brick your phone (which is how I bricked mine....).
    A. You can flash over the recovery partition with the TWRP.img file.
    Code:
    python mtk w recovery TWRP.img
    B. So TWRP currently can't do any backups because it can't decrypt certain partitions. Don't do any wipes/factory reset with this TWRP, they will brick your phone.

Useful Backup Stuff:

Here is a command that backups all partitions except 'super'(4.0GB) and 'userdata' (23.86GB) partitions, because they are to big to backup and it takes along time. This command executes in a pretty reasonable short amount of time:
    Code:
    python mtk r boot_para,recovery,para,expdb,vbmeta_system,vbmeta_vendor,frp,nvcfg,nvdata,md_udc,metadata,protect1,protect2,seccfg,persist,sec1,proinfo,efuse,md1img,spmfw,scp1,scp2,sspm_1,sspm_2,gz1,gz2,nvram,lk,lk2,boot,logo,dtbo,tee1,tee2,vbmeta,cache,otp,flashinfo boot_para.img,recovery.img,para.img,expdb.img,vbmeta_system.img,vbmeta_vendor.img,frp.img,nvcfg.img,nvdata.img,md_udc.img,metadata.img,protect1.img,protect2.img,seccfg.img,persist.img,sec1.img,proinfo.img,efuse.img,md1img.img,spmfw.img,scp1.img,scp2.img,sspm_1.img,sspm_2.img,gz1.img,gz2.img,nvram.img,lk.img,lk2.img,boot.img,logo.img,dtbo.img,tee1.img,tee2.img,vbmeta.img,cache.img,otp.img,flashinfo.img

Please see attached recovery.img that mateo121212 asked for:
    Hi all,
    Maybe this is obvious to some but it wasn't obvious to me. I had to do an extra step to actually get my device rooted.

1. I open Magisk and it says "Upgrade to full Magisk to finish the setup. Download and install?"
    2. Press OK
    3. It installs Alpha, I open Alpha
    4. It says "Your device needs additional setup for Magisk to work properly. Do you want to proceed and reboot?" so I press OK.
    5. This might not be the best way, but I selected "patch vbmeta in boot image", and the backup of the STOCK boot.img. After it was finished (took a while!) I copied it back to Ubuntu, named it boot.new.img, and flashed it with

python3 mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.new.img,lk.p.img,vbmeta.img.empty

The "Direct Install (Recommended)" doesn't work and at this point I've ran the command to wipe the userdata from the phone however after doing this I rebooted and root access worked just as expected.

Hope that helps anyone.