• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Blu B130DL Unlock/Recovery/Root RELEASE]

Search This thread
Hey just wanted to say thanks to all that worked to get this going, y'all got my Alcatel tetra rooted, or some of y'all were in on that project and now my view 2, and I was just curious to see if it would work, so I attempted this whole process, on tcl a3 a509dl, took out the boot lk vbmeta, from mtkclient, and backed up those files for tcl then created magisk patch and lk patch and reflashed and it work, anyway again thank you
Glad it worked out for you (y) 😁

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
Is it safe (not losing ability to root) to update to the new SW version BLU_B130DL_V10.0.05.05.05.03_FSec?
Would this be the process to do so: unroot current version, install OTA update, re-root new version?

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
Has anyone else noticed the delayed install of at least 10 crap apps on the BLU B130DL? I've noticed at least the following that were not pre-installed but showed up without notice or permission: Chime, Slotmania, Pintrest, Bingo Blitz, Heart of Vegas, NewsBreak, Pandora, Solitare, Stitcher, TikTok.

Has anyone else noticed the delayed install of at least 10 crap apps on the BLU B130DL? I've noticed at least the following that were not pre-installed but showed up without notice or permission: Chime, Slotmania, Pintrest, Bingo Blitz, Heart of Vegas, NewsBreak, Pandora, Solitare, Stitcher, TikTok.
that's standard practice for devices, they include an app that after first boot installs other unwanted/uneeded apps. with root you can get in there and get rid of it, you just gotta find which app it is. As for Updating to newest firmware, Easiest way personally is to download the newest fw update and make into a recovery flashable zip, then you don't have to unroot and "risk" anything. If creating a recovery flashable zip is above your capabilities, I'm confident you may be able to unroot and try, it all depends on how the device maker has implemented stuff. I don't have the device or there would already be custom stock rom and custom GSi roms. All I did was initial recovery and 1 person tested and said it booted, kinda hard for me to do much more without the device

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021
Hey just wanted to say thanks to all that worked to get this going, y'all got my Alcatel tetra rooted, or some of y'all were in on that project and now my view 2, and I was just curious to see if it would work, so I attempted this whole process, on tcl a3 a509dl, took out the boot lk vbmeta, from mtkclient, and backed up those files for tcl then created magisk patch and lk patch and reflashed and it work, anyway again thank you
E-mail me that patched ik.img. I can get mine off the orange state bootloop. I did the blu first but got bored one night. [email protected]. Thank you. I love you.

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
At the moment, creating a recovery flashable zip is above my capabilities. I've looked around some and it appears a Kitchen may be needed to accomplish the task however nearly all instructions are for those running cygwin on Windows. I'm running Arch Linux. I've got the update_s.zip ota firmware file that I found in the /cache directory on the phone. I tried getting the ota download URL but logcat didn't seem to capture it. It seems to me that what would need doing is to unzip the file and patch the boot image and then sign and re-zip and flash. A kitchen seems like overkill because when people are talking about it they seem to be making lots of modifications to the firmware instead of just pre-rooting it. What tools do I actually need to get this done?

BluPhoneHome

Nov 30, 2021
Just regarding the root procedure, not updating to the latest firmware, upon opening Magisk, it says it needs additional setup for Magisk to work properly. Choosing Direct Install, the installation fails because /dev/block/mmcblk0p30 is read only. Is this the expected and desired result due to the fact that the B130DL uses a patched Magisk and it cannot and should not be allowed to do the additional setup?

isaac10991

Jan 14, 2020
Is mtk client required to get to the bootloader menu? I'm trying to use ADB to reboot to bootloader, but the phone just shuts down. I can get into recovery, but I can't get to the recovery menu, just the Droid screen.

angryphonenerd

Jan 19, 2022
Someone claims to have used this to root their TCL A509DL (A3) https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tcl-a509dl-no-fastboot-ability.4356737/

Here are the steps I tried (Windows 10):

1) Installed mtkclient
2) Connected phone (holding both volume buttons)
3) Successfully detected phone and reads all partitions / information
4) Backed up all 29.12GB of partitions
5) Clicked "Unlock bootloader"
6) Rebooted the phone to see if it worked, now it shows the "orange error" (this phone is no longer secure etc, will reboot in 5 seconds). Just hangs forever that way, but when I relock the bootloader it shows the orange error but still loads into the provider installed Android

Here is where I am stuck:

* The directions provide .img files to flash. I have done this using other tools for other phones in the past, but this is my first time using mtkclient and I can't seem to figure out how to flash a .img in the mtk_gui because it is only looking for "folders" and "bin" files. All instructions I have seen here and other threads that talk about using the command line to back up and flash don't seem to work because the device isn't connected without the mtk_gui. Am I not using the CLI right?

* The provided files from this thread probably won't work for me anyway as they are for another phone model. I've uploaded my files in this comment in hopes someone can provide a modified version of them for my needs (or to advise me what files I should be providing instead!).

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 1
  • boot.bin
    32 MB · Views: 0
  • lk.bin
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I’m sorry, but, where are the patched images? Are they on GitHub?
    Also, are they stock or TWRP
    I made my own image files from Firmware with build number QP1A.190711.020
    And build version
    V10.0.05.05.05.02

at the moment twrp isn't exactly functional so you need to install with mtkclient. Also it's not exactly apparent but you need to do this with the battery removed. If anyone wants I can make a guide better detailing the bootloader unlock process.

Put the attachments in the mtkclient folder.(vbmeta is included with mtkclient)
    Backup your existing partitions using
    python mtk r boot,lk,vbmeta boot.img,lk.img,vbmeta.img

Write new partitions using
    python mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.p.img,lk.p.img,vbmeta.img.empty

(If python fails try just using py)

install patched magisk from here
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/v...9e22fa276698f6c03bc1168df2c10/app-release.apk

Thanks PizzaG for the unlock process.