[Blu B130DL Unlock/Recovery/Root RELEASE]

Search This thread

TouchOdeath

Feb 29, 2012
So in an attempt to write the files over, I forgot to rename it to boot.patched, and sent my phone into a red state. Is there anyway to fix it, I will updated if I manage to fix it.
If you backed up your original .img's, then it should just be a simple python write to restore it. No matter how bad you mess up your phone, you should always be able to place it in brom mode. From there you have options.

Code:
python mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.img,lk.img,vbmeta.img

Thank you for testing it as I've updated my guide to be more accurate.

Last edited:

TouchOdeath

Feb 29, 2012
Attached is backup of factory original boot, lk, and vbmeta. Check my previous post to see if your build# matches my build#. If so then you can use these attachments below for restoration purposes:

Attachments

• boot-vbmeta-lk-QP1A.190711.020-Factory.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 787
Last edited:

TouchOdeath

Feb 29, 2012
Since you have same firmware you don't need to do magisk first. Just follow unlock procedure then flash the 2 modified files and blank vbmeta and reboot and install patched magisk apk. If your interested I created a magisk module that enables gesture navigation. Working on a debloat module as well.
So a debloater module would be the best thing for this phone! Please Mr. Mateo121212, get this to work!
The other thing we need, is the ability to remove the cpu cores turning off/on.
We also need the ability to install a permission controller, like Xposed for example.

This phone actually has a really awesome processor (MT6761). The problem is, I can't properly beat off to it because my CPU idles anywhere from 10% to 30%. The reason is because of those apps that are 'uninstalled' but not uninstalled..... its so dumb. The crazy thing is, the CPU temps stays super cool (21 C), and its still super responsive. I want to experience the full force of this processor and it deserves that.

This phone ROCKS!!!!​

Last edited:

tdktakeover

Feb 14, 2022
Okay Has anyone gotten around to making a custon rom for this,such as lineage or any similar? Asking because i would like to get away from this stock tracfone system. If not can someone supply me with vendor data(deleted all my partitions system partions and dont feel like flashing stock back on it)so i can compile a inofficial lineage build

Reactions: impetus_maximus

tdktakeover

Feb 14, 2022
Okay Has anyone gotten around to making a custon rom for this,such as lineage or any similar? Asking because i would like to get away from this stock tracfone system. If not can someone supply me with vendor data(deleted all my partitions system partions and dont feel like flashing stock back on it)so i can compile a inofficial lineage build
nevermind i didnt realize he had the boardconfig and device mk files already in the stuff for the twrp img maker he made ill just try to use those for the rom

tdktakeover

Feb 14, 2022
nevermind i didnt realize he had the boardconfig and device mk files already in the stuff for the twrp img maker he made ill just try to use those for the rom
this looks like its gonna be a pain working with the mediatek proccessor😬 ive heard of alot of comparibilty issues with roms, im still gonna try to make a rom but doubt cellular or cameras gonna work right off tha bat

cyberphy

Mar 3, 2022
I have a slight problem with mine, I was trying to flash twerp with mtkclient_gui but I accidently clicked delete preloader, and now my phone only boots into brom mode.
I did do a full backup before doing anything and I have tried restoring the backup with mtkclient but I keep getting emi timeout, the only way I can get it to write the backup is with --preloader=preloader.bin, but even after it write the backup back to the phone it still boots to brom.
I did get it to boot up but only with the command python mtk plstage --preloader=preloader.bin and if I turn the phone off it will just go back to brom mode.

is this fixable or did I brick the phone?

ME1234568

Mar 6, 2022
Hello everyone, some of you may remember me, but I was looking to root my phone when this thread was basically new and I got incredibly busy all of the sudden with a bunch of things. I come back to find lots of documentation and followed the guide on this page (thanks TouchODeath you helped a lot) to root my phone. I then got into the phone and found out that the phone has no networking at all. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be very appreciated.

vordhosbn

Nov 15, 2010
Hi all,
Maybe this is obvious to some but it wasn't obvious to me. I had to do an extra step to actually get my device rooted.

1. I open Magisk and it says "Upgrade to full Magisk to finish the setup. Download and install?"
  2. Press OK
  3. It installs Alpha, I open Alpha
  4. It says "Your device needs additional setup for Magisk to work properly. Do you want to proceed and reboot?" so I press OK.
  5. This might not be the best way, but I selected "patch vbmeta in boot image", and the backup of the STOCK boot.img. After it was finished (took a while!) I copied it back to Ubuntu, named it boot.new.img, and flashed it with

python3 mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.new.img,lk.p.img,vbmeta.img.empty

The "Direct Install (Recommended)" doesn't work and at this point I've ran the command to wipe the userdata from the phone however after doing this I rebooted and root access worked just as expected.

Hope that helps anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TouchOdeath

TouchOdeath

Feb 29, 2012
So the problem with this entire root process is your relying on the internet to download the correct magisk APK version to root this phone. I tried to root another phone recently and the boot.img magisk downloaded a different version that didn't work. Rooting this phone may be as simple as: Installing modified boot.img, install this magisk APK, done.

Attached is the version of magisk that does work. Happy Rooting!

Attachments

• b130DL_ROOT_Magisk_f880b575-alpha.apk.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 716
D

Deleted member 11575455

I have a slight problem with mine, I was trying to flash twerp with mtkclient_gui but I accidently clicked delete preloader, and now my phone only boots into brom mode.
I did do a full backup before doing anything and I have tried restoring the backup with mtkclient but I keep getting emi timeout, the only way I can get it to write the backup is with --preloader=preloader.bin, but even after it write the backup back to the phone it still boots to brom.
I did get it to boot up but only with the command python mtk plstage --preloader=preloader.bin and if I turn the phone off it will just go back to brom mode.

is this fixable or did I brick the phone?
reflash the preloader but flash it to the preloader partition

Emjei

Sep 11, 2008
Can the Sim Lock be disabled with this? Have a Tracfone trying to use on a different carrier.

Elf Boy

Aug 2, 2022
Will this information work for a B131 with Build Number: RP1A.200720.011
and Custom Build Version: BLU_B131DL_V11.0.04.05.04.01_FSec
Hardware Version: 3.0
If not can you provide some info on what I can do to create a backup and get it rooted?
Want to be able to keep a backup on a computer as well.
Thankyou much for your time. <:ø)

D

Deleted member 11575455

Will this information work for a B131 with Build Number: RP1A.200720.011
and Custom Build Version: BLU_B131DL_V11.0.04.05.04.01_FSec
Hardware Version: 3.0
If not can you provide some info on what I can do to create a backup and get it rooted?
Want to be able to keep a backup on a computer as well.
Thankyou much for your time. <:ø)
none of the B130DL stuff will work for your 131, you will have to blaze your own path on that device. Use MTK Client on github to do a full device dump and then you should be able to start modifying your device from there, be advised that messing with Android 10+ for noobs is ill advised unless you know what you are doing, but anyone is more than welcome to try and learn. The key is to make sure you have a full device backup first before you start touching anything else.

Elf Boy

Aug 2, 2022
none of the B130DL stuff will work for your 131, you will have to blaze your own path on that device. Use MTK Client on github to do a full device dump and then you should be able to start modifying your device from there, be advised that messing with Android 10+ for noobs is ill advised unless you know what you are doing, but anyone is more than welcome to try and learn. The key is to make sure you have a full device backup first before you start touching anything else.
Hmm. It is a View 2 also and I guess the B131DL must be different because it has Android 11 on it.
I would like to know how to make a full device (or at least a backup of apps/messages/call-logs/contacts/game saves etc.) backup so I can go back to reload it if I need to. (like a restore point for windows basically) Software that can store a copy on a computer please.
Also, can you recommend some good no-root firewalls that have lots of advanced options including being able to block updates and stop downloading of bloatware that new or factory reset phones do when first connected to wifi or cellular network, and the like should you choose to?
And finally, what is your opinion of OnePlus phones? What $150-400 phones would you recommend that can be rooted and have many often updated custom ROMS for it?
Thanks for your quick reply and your help and time.

D

Deleted member 11575455

Hmm. It is a View 2 also and I guess the B131DL must be different because it has Android 11 on it.
I would like to know how to make a full device (or at least a backup of apps/messages/call-logs/contacts/game saves etc.) backup so I can go back to reload it if I need to. (like a restore point for windows basically) Software that can store a copy on a computer please.
Also, can you recommend some good no-root firewalls that have lots of advanced options including being able to block updates and stop downloading of bloatware that new or factory reset phones do when first connected to wifi or cellular network, and the like should you choose to?
And finally, what is your opinion of OnePlus phones? What $150-400 phones would you recommend that can be rooted and have many often updated custom ROMS for it?
Thanks for your quick reply and your help and time.
MTK Client on Github gives you the command needed for a full device backup that you can pack up and store wherever/however you'd like and also serves as your unbricker files if you mess up. I don't use or know anything about firewall apps, I get into the device and remove those offending apps that download crap, you can also remove the update app so you don't get updates from the oem or carrier. I have never seen a oneplus phone in person but i hear they are decent. Myself, I just got a Moto G Stylus 5G (2022) from best buy carrier unlocked on sale for $349. Moto supports bootloader unlock and was no issue to hit their dev website to easily bootloader unlock. Requested source and they have responded and source is on it's way down the pipes, so I always recommend them for their decent devices and mostly friendly dev stance. All I know for sure is stay away from samsung, lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 11575455
    photo_2021-01-30_04-04-14.jpg

Proudly Presents
    Another Exclusive Release

Supported Model
    Blu View 2
    B130DL

Recoveries
    TWRP_10 Recovery

Roms
    GSI Roms ?

Info
    Patched-lk.img contains the Orange State Boot warning Patched out
    Patched-boot.img & Patched-vbmeta.img Are Pre-Rooted Images

BootLoader Unlock
    MtkClient

Recovery Download & Device Tree
    Device Source

A-Team Website
    A-Team Supported Devices

TeleGram Live Support
    A-Team Digital Solutions

Contributors
    Thanks to @bkerler for MtkClient​
    I’m sorry, but, where are the patched images? Are they on GitHub?
    Also, are they stock or TWRP
    I made my own image files from Firmware with build number QP1A.190711.020
    And build version
    V10.0.05.05.05.02

at the moment twrp isn't exactly functional so you need to install with mtkclient. Also it's not exactly apparent but you need to do this with the battery removed. If anyone wants I can make a guide better detailing the bootloader unlock process.

Put the attachments in the mtkclient folder.(vbmeta is included with mtkclient)
    Backup your existing partitions using
    python mtk r boot,lk,vbmeta boot.img,lk.img,vbmeta.img

Write new partitions using
    python mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.p.img,lk.p.img,vbmeta.img.empty

(If python fails try just using py)

install patched magisk from here
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/v...9e22fa276698f6c03bc1168df2c10/app-release.apk

Thanks PizzaG for the unlock process.
    Question: I have tried everything. Following all of the guides and tips in this thread, but I can't get the phone to boot into brom mode and/or connected to fastboot or MTK_GUI. When I hold the vol up+down buttons and plug in the USB cable, I get the options to enter recovery mode or boot normally. No matter what I do, I can't get the phone to be recognized by MTK_GUI. Am I missing a USB driver or something?
    Here is a tutorial on how to root:

1. Burn the ISO provided by OP to a USB stick.
    2. Boot to the USB.
    3. Now the key thing to know is, after each command you type, you'll have to make sure you let the command finish, or you cancel it correctly, or else you'll have to re-put yourself in brom mode (See J.).
    A. Pull up Terminal and navigate to folder:
    Code:
    cd /opt/mtkclient
    All commands will be ran from this folder
    B. With phone unplugged from USB, type command
    Code:
    python mtk_gui
    C. It will keep running a loop in terminal until you plug your phone in and put it in brom mode. So you can take your time.
    D. Go to Settings/Additional settings/Developer options, enable "OEM unlock" and "USB Debugging"
    E. Power off phone with USB unplugged.
    F. Hold both volume buttons, and plug in USB
    G. Brom mode takes like.. literally 1 to 2 seconds to actually get into it. The phone screen should not turn on, this is good.
    H. You will see the text change in terminal it will say 'Device Detected', then you can let go of the volume buttons.
    I. Now that you have figured out how to get into brom mode with the terminal, the command:
    Code:
    python mtk_gui
    is now trash. you will never use it again.
    J. To close out of the mtk_GUI properly, click the 'X' in the upper right part of the GUI. If you do this, your brom should be good.
    K. If the command finishes, brom mode should be back to normal. If brom gets out of wack, run a valid command in terminal, unplug USB, plug USB + Volume keys for 1 to 2 seconds and you should see 'Device Detected' in Terminal to tell you your in brom mode..
    L. To summarize: open terminal, run command, plug in phone, watch it connect, run command, wait for command to finish. Repeat.
    4. Now actual rooting.
    A. ALERT!! ALERT!! DRAGONS!! Backup partitions we are going to be messing with just incase something goes wrong. Make sure you save it in a partition location thats NOT apart of the USB (otherwise it won't be saved. You'll reboot and the saved files will be gone)
    Code:
    python mtk r boot,lk,vbmeta boot.img,lk.img,vbmeta.img
    B. This will create boot.img, lk.img, and vbmeta.img in /opt/mtkclient directory. You'll need to copy those somewhere else, as anything in the /opt/mtkclient directory will not be saved on reboot (or any other USB stick directories).

B.1. You can skip Steps, C, E, F, some of G if you use have the same BUILD# as mateo121212's then you can (and probably should) use his boot.p.img and lk.p.img files he graciously uploaded to us.

C. Boot into android, adb push your saved boot.img onto the phone somewhere. install magisk apk
    D. Open magisk, click 'install', when you click 'next' it will ask you for a file, which you will give it the boot.img that we created in step B.
    E. When magisk finishes, it will output a file 'magisk_patched-*.img', meaning magisk injected itself into the boot partition img file. We are going to Rename it to 'boot.patched.img' and write back to the phone. Patch lk.img with a hex editor if you don't want the screen to say 'Orange State' message and name it lk.patched.img. If you don't care about the message then I don't think you have to mess with the lk partition at all.)
    F. Now we are going to use the 'boot.patched.img' that was given to us by magisk (or mateo121212). The correct vbmeta.img.empty is already located in the /opt/mtkclient folder by default, so you have everything you need at this point.
    G. Boot back into ISO and write the boot.patched.img and lk.patched.img (or boot.p.img and lk.p.img)

If you have a lk.patched.img:
    Code:
    python mtk w boot,lk,vbmeta boot.patched.img,lk.patched.img,vbmeta.img.empty
    If you don't then:
    Code:
    python mtk w boot,vbmeta boot.patched.img,vbmeta.img.empty
    5. Unlock bootloader:
    A. Erase all user data:
    Code:
    python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc
    B. Unlock bootloader with this command
    Code:
    python mtk da seccfg unlock
    C. If you didn't flash lk.img, then when you Boot you should see the 'Orange state' text, which means your bootloader is unlocked. If you patched lk.img, then the 'blu' logo screen should look the same.
    D. Now you have a iconless magisk that can survive command from 5.A . If you open the magisk icon, it will tell you to turn on the internet. So do that, and it will install some stuff and reboot.
    E. Congrats! Your phone is now rooted Enjoy!

6. ALERT!! ALERT!! DRAGONS!! At the time of writing (Oct 22, 2021 TWRP RELEASE specifically), its actually a waste of time to flash TWRP. TWRP should be used for information only!! If you accidently execute the wrong command in TWRP, it can easily brick your phone (which is how I bricked mine....).
    A. You can flash over the recovery partition with the TWRP.img file.
    Code:
    python mtk w recovery TWRP.img
    B. So TWRP currently can't do any backups because it can't decrypt certain partitions. Don't do any wipes/factory reset with this TWRP, they will brick your phone.

Useful Backup Stuff:

Here is a command that backups all partitions except 'super'(4.0GB) and 'userdata' (23.86GB) partitions, because they are to big to backup and it takes along time. This command executes in a pretty reasonable short amount of time:
    Code:
    python mtk r boot_para,recovery,para,expdb,vbmeta_system,vbmeta_vendor,frp,nvcfg,nvdata,md_udc,metadata,protect1,protect2,seccfg,persist,sec1,proinfo,efuse,md1img,spmfw,scp1,scp2,sspm_1,sspm_2,gz1,gz2,nvram,lk,lk2,boot,logo,dtbo,tee1,tee2,vbmeta,cache,otp,flashinfo boot_para.img,recovery.img,para.img,expdb.img,vbmeta_system.img,vbmeta_vendor.img,frp.img,nvcfg.img,nvdata.img,md_udc.img,metadata.img,protect1.img,protect2.img,seccfg.img,persist.img,sec1.img,proinfo.img,efuse.img,md1img.img,spmfw.img,scp1.img,scp2.img,sspm_1.img,sspm_2.img,gz1.img,gz2.img,nvram.img,lk.img,lk2.img,boot.img,logo.img,dtbo.img,tee1.img,tee2.img,vbmeta.img,cache.img,otp.img,flashinfo.img

Please see attached recovery.img that mateo121212 asked for and also the Magisk version I used to get root:
    Question: I have tried everything. Following all of the guides and tips in this thread, but I can't get the phone to boot into brom mode and/or connected to fastboot or MTK_GUI. When I hold the vol up+down buttons and plug in the USB cable, I get the options to enter recovery mode or boot normally. No matter what I do, I can't get the phone to be recognized by MTK_GUI. Am I missing a USB driver or something?
    Same