BLU Life One X2

Search This thread

debianmain1

Known bugs:
-GPS apps lose connection while in navigation mode and sometimes freezes up the whole device.
-home button does not wake device (but you can set the fingerprint up to wake device)
-auto rotate is iffy, can (and will) get stuck in landscape mode.
-wifi doesn't auto connect when toggled on
-device shows up as "unknown" in apps that tell you what device you have.
-bluetooth shows Yu4050 (the phone the rom was ported from)
-photos get rotated before being sent in messaging apps
-when the flashlight it enabled, both (front and back) LEDs get turned on
-some what significant battery drain compared to stock/Drax roms.

As of now those are the only bugs I have found from a week of it being my daily rom.

Looks OK.....how are you getting logs?

AlienTeck

Oct 31, 2016
Hey has anyone else noticed issues with charging? I'm using the stock fast-charger that came in the box and a WSKEN magnetic USB-MicroUSB cord(https://www.amazon.com/Wsken-Magnetic-Display-Charge-Android/dp/B01MCZB2KR). Lately I've noticed it doesn't always display the 'fast charger connected' notification and I have to unplug and plug the magnet back in several times before it'll work. Through the use of Ampere(app), I've noticed when plugged in and not running anything and in airplane mode, the battery is still draining at anywhere from -150mah to -2000mah. Also the actual battery level supports this reading as while plugged in and not even awake, the battery is actually draining, rather quickly too. It scares me to think I could suddenly not be able to charge my phone... Any thoughts?

There does seem to be problem with the fast charger. I think it has to do with the temperature. Since the charging slows down when the battery is hot. Including turning off charging all together. It is a software issue since retrying or turning on the display will usually get it charging again. Using 3rd party chargers will show this problem a lot more often than the stock charger.

Max discharge with CPU and Display at 100% should discharge around 800mah max.. The 2000 might be the instant when it gets turned on. Normal with screen off is under 100ma and around 200ma when active.

Reactions: tytydraco

Vinotas

Jan 5, 2012
Boot Loop Help Please

Hello All,

After months without any issues, my rooted Mini went into a Boot Loop. I turned it off for 10+ minutes, but no go. I tried getting to Recovery Mode by holding the Power and Volume Up buttons until it lights up, then releasing the Power button, but no go either. I've Searched on the forum but didn't really find anything that could assist me, and I'm googling like mad because I really need the phone for work.
Not sure what I can do, can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

tytydraco

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2017
Hello All,

After months without any issues, my rooted Mini went into a Boot Loop. I turned it off for 10+ minutes, but no go. I tried getting to Recovery Mode by holding the Power and Volume Up buttons until it lights up, then releasing the Power button, but no go either. I've Searched on the forum but didn't really find anything that could assist me, and I'm googling like mad because I really need the phone for work.
Not sure what I can do, can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks in advance!
Go into download mode by holding vol down and power for 8 seconds and use QFIL to factory reset

Reactions: Vinotas

stingwraith

Sep 24, 2012
Is anyone having issues with their power button at all? I'm noticing periodically the power button will not turn the screen on/off, but interestingly when I hold it I still either feel a vibration when screen is off or see the power menu when screen is on. I am still able to reboot using the power button as well so it's clearly working, but won't wake or sleep the device. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited:
So basically I am reflashing the stock Mini Rom and will be unrooted when/if it restarts, is that correct?
Your phone will be like it was when you fist took it out of the box. Keep in mind you will lose all of you internal sdcard. So make backups accordingly.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Is anyone having issues with their power button at all? I'm noticing periodically the power button will not turn the screen on/off, but interestingly when I hold it I still either feel a vibration when screen is off or see the power menu when screen is on. I am still able to reboot using the power button as well so it's clearly working, but won't wake or sleep the device. Any thoughts/suggestions?

On the X2 or the X2 mini? I've noticed that every now and again on my mini

Vinotas

Jan 5, 2012
OK I got things back up and running, however I can't seem to root it anymore for some reason. I followed all the instructions and used both the new version of AutoRoot and my older version (v 1.0) on my laptop. I have USB Debugging and OEM Unlocked, so not sure what else I should be doing. Any ideas?

AlienTeck

Oct 31, 2016

have you closed the cover properly?

stingwraith

Sep 24, 2012
have you closed the cover properly?

Like the back cover? Yes. I don't own one of those silly window covers!

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Your phone will be like it was when you fist took it out of the box. Keep in mind you will lose all of you internal sdcard. So make backups accordingly.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

On the X2 or the X2 mini? I've noticed that every now and again on my mini

On the regular X2. However, is the button not the same thing manufacturing-wise in this case?

Just an update, I used several apps that intercept keyevents and they don't detect the power button being pressed. However holding the power button still works 100% of the time. Does anyone know enough about the mechanics of the hardware buttons to know if a press and a hold are somehow mechanically different from one another? I.e. the press is broken/loose but the hold is not...?

AlienTeck

Oct 31, 2016
Press and hold circuitary is different and wired to the cpu reset line while the other is wired to the battery on off circuit. The cpu reset can not be bypassed. The other can be programmed like a camera shutter or screen off.

Vinotas

Jan 5, 2012
OK so I still can't seem to root my Mini, using either the old version of AutoRoot or the newer version on the Blox2.com website. Anyone have any ideas? I've checked and re-checked and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

OK so I still can't seem to root my Mini, using either the old version of AutoRoot or the newer version on the Blox2.com website. Anyone have any ideas? I've checked and re-checked and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Okay, so let's break it down.

Can you walk us through the process you are using

What and where exactly is it failing? (Booting twrp? Flashing magisk? Etc)

Are you using magisk or SuperSU?

I'm assuming magisk since you said you've tried the auto tool

You may have to attempt to root manually,

Unlock bootloader
Use fastboot to boot twrp
Flash latest magisk
Flash twrp (if you wish)
Profit

The blox2 site should have everything you need to know about this if you get stuck. I'll also be checking back to make sure everything went smoothly.

Also, if you are getting error 1 while flashing magisk there are some additional steps you may need to take to get it working:
1. Flash the stock boot.img
2. Remove everything (folders/files) magisk related in /data partition using adb shell (need root for this OR boot twrp using "fastboot boot twrp.img"

Hope this helps

Vinotas

Jan 5, 2012
Okay, so let's break it down.

Can you walk us through the process you are using

What and where exactly is it failing? (Booting twrp? Flashing magisk? Etc)

Are you using magisk or SuperSU?

I'm assuming magisk since you said you've tried the auto tool

You may have to attempt to root manually,

Unlock bootloader
Use fastboot to boot twrp
Flash latest magisk
Flash twrp (if you wish)
Profit

The blox2 site should have everything you need to know about this if you get stuck. I'll also be checking back to make sure everything went smoothly.

Also, if you are getting error 1 while flashing magisk there are some additional steps you may need to take to get it working:
1. Flash the stock boot.img
2. Remove everything (folders/files) magisk related in /data partition using adb shell (need root for this OR boot twrp using "fastboot boot twrp.img"

Hope this helps

So this is what I've done:
reflashed the stock Mini Rom taken from Blox2.com, everything works
downloaded & unzipped B2Autoroot (v1.3) to the laptop, laptop recognizes phone
went into Developer Options, checked OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
connected phone to laptop (phone still on)
started up x64_B2A
phone rebooted several times, window log showed everything running fine, I see TWRP on the screen a few times
I left the phone alone for about 10 minutes after the last reboot
after 10 minutes, I checked apps:
-Magisk Manager is installed but when I tap on it, it says to Install from Play Store, when I go to Play Store it says it can't be found
-SuperSU is installed but when I tap on it, it says SU Binary occupied with a link to How To Solve
-Rootchecker indicates I am NOT rooted

I tried using the older version of Autoroot that worked back in April, but no go either. So should I delete Magisk Manager and SuperSU and re-try? Or am I missing a step? FYI USB is set to exchange files. I also tried using the x32_B2A and that didn't do it either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My goal for this thread is to gather as much info for the BLU Life One X2.

There is a similar thread for the older BLU Life One X 2016 but since we have no dedicated forum it was suggested to start a separate thread for the new device.

Specs

Screen: 5.2", 1080 x 1920 pixels, ~424 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
    Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB storage, or 4GB RAM, 64 GB storage, microSD slot (up to 64GB)
    Camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, phase detection autofocus, 8 MP front, LED flash front & rear, 1080p@30fps video
    Battery:Li-Po 3000 mAh
    Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430
    CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
    GPU: Adreno 505
    Model: L0091UU

Links & Other General Resources

BLU Products
    Amazon
    GSMArena
    BLU Products Development Team (Google+)
    ieatgravity dedicated site for the development of the Blu Life One X2

Similar Phones

Anything you guys want added just let me know.
    UPDATE: We now have root on the BLOX2
    All credit goes to ieatgravity and mswguitar for this info

WARNING: *I* cannot be held responsible for anything *you* do to *your* phone!

ADB & Fastboot
    Before doing most things mentioned below you will need "adb" and "fastboot" installed. Two of your options are to install the Android SDK Tools or the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool. If you are somewhat new to this I highly recommend the second one. Go here, download the latest version, and install it. When setup is complete you should have an icon for the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.

Note: I highly recommend you add "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your PATH variable in Windows. This way you can open a Command Prompt anywhere and use adb or fastboot.

Drivers
    I recently setup a 5th gen Kindle Fire 7" tablet on my Windows 10 desktop. Because the BLU Life One X 2016 and the Kindle Fire are similar enough it just worked. To use the Amazon drivers you can find them on this page: https://developer.amazon.com/public...etting-up-your-kindle-fire-tablet-for-testing. The direct link is https://s3.amazonaws.com/android-sdk-manager/redist/kindle_fire_usb_driver.zip. Extract the zip file and then run KindleDrivers.exe.

Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery and Root, and Return to Stock
    Note #1: All credit for this guide goes to rogersa2k's post for rooting the BLU Life One X 2016!!! You can check it out here. Most of the stuff was similar enough that I was able to follow it to root my BLOX2 with minor deviations which I've included here.

1) Unlock Bootloader
    1. Power on the phone and skip through all of the setup options
    2. Go to Settings -> About device
    3. Activate "Developer options" by tapping the android version in the settings around 7 times.
    4. Go into "Developer Options", 5th row down you with find the option OEM unlocking. Turn this feature on.
    5. Enable OEM unlocking
    6. Enable USB debugging
    7. Power off your device
    8. Hold down the power + volume up buttons at the same time until you see " boot in recovery" in white text in the upper left corner of the screen and release.
    9. Use the volume key to navigate to Bootloader and select it with the power button.
    10. Your phone will reboot and sit on the Blu bootup animation
    11. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
    12. Open a Command Prompt
    13. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly
    14. Type fastboot oem unlock
    15. This should output something along the lines of "Your bootloader is already unlocked!"
    16. If this is the case run "fastboot reboot" to return to android

2) Install Custom Recovery & Root

Note #1: We will flash a custom version of TWRP that was built by one of our members

1. Be sure to have your Bootloader unlocked before proceeding
    2. Download this zip here with everything you will need:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6_iuhJQH7aGTWpSY2haaXl5aU0
    3. Put the SuperSu.zip file on the sdcard
    4. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
    5. Open a Command Prompt to wherever you extracted the .img file
    6. Type adb reboot bootloader
    7. Your phone will reboot and sit on the Blu bootup animation
    8. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly
    9. Type fastboot flash recovery BLOX2_TWRP_Recovery.img
    10. Type fastboot boot BLOX2_TWRP_Recovery.img
    11. Once booted I strongly urge you to make a nandroid backup
    12. Select Install
    13. Select the SuperSu.zip
    14. Swipe to flash
    15. Reboot when complete
    16. Verify with a root checker or simply type "su" into terminal or an adb shell
    17. Launch SuperSU and configure it as you like

Note: If your phone does not reboot then just hold the power button until it turns off. Hold the power button again until it turns back on.

To get back to stock:
    Download this file here: (includes Stock Rom, Drivers and QFIL **Large DL**)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6_iuhJQH7aGU25OMWJNVGdMYkU

Should be set back to stock (unrooted) rom and recovery
    CM13 PORT

Okay, so I was able to port CM13 from the Redmi 3s (same as TWRP port).

Currently it boots into CM13 home screen

NOT WORKING:
    -wifi
    -radios
    -camera
    -gps?
    -bluetooth
    etc

IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD WAY TO REPACK SYSTEM.NEW.DAT FILES PLEASE PM ME! (need to figure this out to get everything else working) currently rimg2sdat crashes about 80% of the way through (on windows 10)

To flash:
    -Download zip here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_iuhJQH7aGVFNLeUlOWlZ1Rnc/view?usp=sharing
    -Reboot into TWRP
    -Do a nandroid backup
    -Factory reset
    -Flash CM13.zip
    -Reboot to system

If anyone is interested and able to help me get everything working please pm me or contact me through my site! If you want to support me moving forward with this ROM in other ways please hit the 'thanks' button or donate what ever you feel like (car is currently broken down and would be greatly appreciated so I can get it fixed)

If you find any bugs please report them
    CRAB - Custom Recovery Auto Backup

I just released another app called CRAB. It stands for Custom Recovery Auto Backup.
    Basically, it backs up your device every night at a specified time, eliminating the need to manually back up your device.

This is super useful when you mess up the OS or download a bad root app and brick your phone. You always have last nights backup to restore too! Crab also allows selections of partitions (data, system, cache, etc...), and other options for backing up.

Donation Link:
    www.paypal.me/TylerNijmeh

Download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draco.tylernijmeh.crab
    [NEW v1.6] BUTTER KERNEL v1.0

Hey, Draco here again! I developed the first custom kernel for our phone. I call it the butter kernel, because it's buttery smooth!

Butter kernel aims to make your device feel extremely smooth and clean. Scrolling will feel better on websites, apps will jitter and hang less, and your applications will start faster. Games will perform excellent, and internet speeds will be much faster.

Features:
    - Intelliactive CPU governor
    - Self boosting input drivers
    - Doesn't jump directly to max freq (steps)
    - Short circuits some unnecessary CPU checks to avoid hotplugging
    - ROW I/O scheduler
    - Very smooth in UI
    - Games are responsive
    - Good for everyday use
    - Good for battery
    - Good for gaming
    - Good for performance (bench-marking)
    - Adreno Idler GPU Governor
    - Nearly the same as the default msm-adreno-tz (Performance+)
    - Better idle frequencies (saves power when idle)
    - TCP Congestion control
    - Better web requests
    - Westwood TCP driver
    - Really fast internet speeds
    - Cubic TCP driver
    - Less aggressive
    - High and large receive rate
    - No module signing
    - Your modules remain untouched (cleaner)
    - If modules need to be updated / changed, no signing is required to add them
    - 512kb read ahead internal storage
    - Smooth UI
    - Works well with ROW scheduler
    - NTFS R/W support
    - NTFS debugging support
    - A lot more bluetooth support drivers
    - /proc/config.gz access
    - Event base short term CPU freq boost
    - Generic ARM64 CPU idle driver
    - Kernel Samepage Merging (better ram)
    - Fixed swappiness value (100 -> 10 for use of actual ram)
    - Optimized post-boot script for MSM8937
    - Tons of optimizations everywhere

Download:

All Archives: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8DTpyUdT0UASFlLNTI2OExIZEU

Flash in recovery. Make sure to backup your Boot partition in case anything goes wrong. ONLY FOR THE X2, NOT THE MINI (there is one beta; testers can report if it works and ill add mini compatibility for future versions)!