BLU V50

Search This thread

dtingley11222

Nov 16, 2020
oh weird i thought blu doesnt even support bootloader unlocking

can you access fastboot? with an unlocked bootloader you can flash an empty vbmeta and dont have to go through the above steps
Ok, they made it kinda tedious to unlock the Bootloader, but I did it. I can access Fastboot, but where do I get a blank vbmeta? can I just use the --disable-verity --disable-verification command?

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
GT-i9250
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Ok, they made it kinda tedious to unlock the Bootloader, but I did it. I can access Fastboot, but where do I get a blank vbmeta? can I just use the --disable-verity --disable-verification command?
you can find it all over the internet if you google search

flash that and yes, use that disable-verity command. test with a patched recovery and if it doesnt bootloop youre good to go

dtingley11222

Nov 16, 2020
Finally after an hour of watching the videos and thinking through all of this in my head, I have acquired root on my BLU V50! Thank you @njoaquin for showing the exact steps of what you did. I followed your steps (to the T) and it worked!

dtingley11222

Nov 16, 2020
Hey! for those who don't want to do all the work to root this stupid phone, I have attached my custom boot and vbmeta for you to use. I recommend flashing the original super.img (found from here: https://firmwarefile.com/blu-g50-plus-g0350ww) before flashing the boot and vbmeta, otherwise wifi and bluetooth won't work. Also note that you cannot update magisk without signing the boot.img again, otherwise you will soft brick your device. This magisk version is 25.1 so it's pretty up-to-date.

Attachments

• vbmeta-sign-custom.img
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • BLUV50-signed-boot.img
    35 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: orbitalmartian
Aug 15, 2022
Hey! for those who don't want to do all the work to root this stupid phone, I have attached my custom boot and vbmeta for you to use. I recommend flashing the original super.img (found from here: https://firmwarefile.com/blu-g50-plus-g0350ww) before flashing the boot and vbmeta, otherwise wifi and bluetooth won't work. Also note that you cannot update magisk without signing the boot.img again, otherwise you will soft brick your device. This magisk version is 25.1 so it's pretty up-to-date.
Hey this works but is there any way you could update the files and also im having trouble patching the vbmeta, it just gets stuck saying writing vbmeta... in command prompt. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2022
When i try to update those files using magisk i get stuck in a bootloop

Aug 15, 2022
Unfortunately you can't update through magisk. I can try and sign a new img later.
Hey can I get those signed files? My phone says it's rooted with magisk yet nothing is really working because it's outdated, I'm on a blu g50 plus. Please help I've been attempting to get this phone rooted for 5 months now, finally today I was able to unlock the bootloader but now I can't get magisk to work.

dtingley11222

Nov 16, 2020
Hey can I get those signed files? My phone says it's rooted with magisk yet nothing is really working because it's outdated, I'm on a blu g50 plus. Please help I've been attempting to get this phone rooted for 5 months now, finally today I was able to unlock the bootloader but now I can't get magisk to work.
That is not how magisk works. Magisk 25.1 should work with pretty much any module available. Idk what isn't working because "it's outdated" As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure magisk v23 still works with everything.

Aug 15, 2022
That is not how magisk works. Magisk 25.1 should work with pretty much any module available. Idk what isn't working because "it's outdated" As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure magisk v23 still works with everything.
YouTube vanced isn't downloading via the rooted version, AdAway isn't working saying not enough space, boot animation isn't working, pretty much every app I install isn't working.

dtingley11222

Nov 16, 2020
YouTube vanced isn't downloading via the rooted version, AdAway isn't working saying not enough space, boot animation isn't working, pretty much every app I install isn't working.
That's not a magisk incompatibility issue. Boot animation will not work because of the kernel restrictions that the phone has. Idk why adway it's saying not enough space, that's another issue. YouTube vanced needs to be installed through vanced manager and needs to have sufficient permissions.

Top Liked Posts