• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Blue Light Filter Lock Screen

Search This thread

el6006

Sep 2, 2010
Received my Navy blue FE yesterday, and its all working pretty well. I noticed that the Blue Light filter works just fine while the phone is unlocked and is use but the Lock Screen maintains the bright blueish tint which means the filter is not working on the lock screen. My S10, which I will be mailing in sometime next week, keeps the filter on all the time including on the lock screen. Anyone else having this issue? Also, anyone have a link to a good ultra thin TPU case for the FE? Most of the one's I have found on Amazon look hideous or will take a month to get here. Thanks.

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
I noticed the same with the blue light filter not being active in the lockscreen on my Snapdragon 5G EU Model.
So it may be a software bug?

el6006

Sep 2, 2010
Does the S10 use the same sensor, cuz the Blue Light filter works fine on the lock screen on my S10 which I will have to send in this week as my trade-in device.

el6006

Sep 2, 2010
When I try to submit a bug report, I choose GMAIL and it just creates an email with the bug report attached but its addressed to myself. What is the email address to send it to Samsung? Thanks.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks.

Last edited:

el6006

Sep 2, 2010
I turned off my fingerprint unlock and lo and behold, the blue light filter works on the lock screen. That means that the filter is disabled in order for the fingerprint scanner to function. Bummer. Guess it's either use the fingerprints scanner and be blinded in the dark with a bright lock screen or use pattern unlock and have a lock screen blue light filter. Sigh......

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

el6006

Sep 2, 2010
Basically, if you enable Blue light filter, it changes the screen lighting too much to use the finger prints scanner. So that's why it's disabled. If you turn it off finger prints unlock, your lock screen will stay yellow instead of momentarily disabling your blue light filter. So, it's either one or the other. I reattached the response they sent me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201218-064508_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20201218-064508_Samsung Members.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 91

bladez

Nov 6, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Basically, if you enable Blue light filter, it changes the screen lighting too much to use the finger prints scanner. So that's why it's disabled. If you turn it off finger prints unlock, your lock screen will stay yellow instead of momentarily disabling your blue light filter. So, it's either one or the other. I reattached the response they sent me.

Just turn on AoD. You can unlock straight from it, and it can be really dim for nights, the only part that lights up is the finger part itself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Annoys the hell out of me, especially at night or when waking up. I submitted a bug report.