Bluetooth audio codec: does not stick

Search This thread

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
I keep on setting the audio bluetooth codec under dev optioons on "aptx" but after exiting the option goes back on "default".

Anyone can help?

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
I keep on setting the audio bluetooth codec under dev optioons on "aptx" but after exiting the option goes back on "default". Anyone can help?
Mine doesn't appear to stick either, but when I use my BT speaker I see an option in the connect dialog to use the Qualcomm aptX driver even though the codec is set to default (SBC). I don't see this aptX option when using my car or earbuds. I know this doesn't really help much, but I thought it was relative. I do know that the AVRCP setting does stick. Have you looked in the Google Issue Tracker? I'll go and star the issue if I can find it.

Edit: It is THERE listed as closed due to lack of data, feedback. Seems they ignored the obvious.... codec selection not sticking?

Last edited:

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
How do you tell if aptx is working while you're playing something to say a wireless speaker?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
How do you tell if aptx is working while you're playing something to say a wireless speaker?
In BT settings I see a toggle for Qualcomm aptX and it's on... but in Dev Ops the BT codec still says Default: SBC. I think the audio codec setting there is busted, but the phone seems to use the best available codec. The device is a Creative (Soundblaster) Roar BT speaker. Now if I could only get the phone to auto connect to my car kit. Stays paired but will only manually connect which is a real pain.

Attachments

• aptx.png
    aptx.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,601

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
In BT settings I see a toggle for Qualcomm aptX and it's on... but in Dev Ops the BT codec still says Default: SBC. I think the audio codec setting there is busted, but the phone seems to use the best available codec. The device is a Creative (Soundblaster) Roar BT speaker. Now if I could only get the phone to auto connect to my car kit. Stays paired but will only manually connect which is a real pain.

Hmmm. My JBL Flip 4 is paired and it can use aptx but no option there. Weird.

My fm transmitter car kit will connect automatically, as long as it's set for media and phone calls.. Is yours just set for media only?

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Hmmm. My JBL Flip 4 is paired and it can use aptx but no option there. Weird.

My fm transmitter car kit will connect automatically, as long as it's set for media and phone calls.. Is yours just set for media only?
Yes, I've tried every combination there. It was working perfect with the N6P, and has never worked with the P2XL. Car kit is the absolute cheapest Chinese one you can find on Ebay... audio only, BT version 2.0 I think with no phone mic lol. Time to pony up and get a newer/better one. Had not considered FM transmitter because my car has the line in AUX. in my console so I can hide it.... It's about the size of a matchbox. This is a first world problem I know, but really annoying to me, and I know it's the phone because the Nexus was working for a year no problems. Thanks for your response.

pixelsquish

Oct 24, 2007
Yes, I've tried every combination there. It was working perfect with the N6P, and has never worked with the P2XL. Car kit is the absolute cheapest Chinese one you can find on Ebay... audio only, BT version 2.0 I think with no phone mic lol. Time to pony up and get a newer/better one. Had not considered FM transmitter because my car has the line in AUX. in my console so I can hide it.... It's about the size of a matchbox. This is a first world problem I know, but really annoying to me, and I know it's the phone because the Nexus was working for a year no problems. Thanks for your response.

We are both very frustrated here. Me cause I know I have an aptx capable device and am not getting to use it. You because you can't do a simple auto connect via bluetooth. Oy! Come on January update!

rtk217

Dec 20, 2011
see my post here for a similar issue that I was able to workaround fairly easy
TLDR: You need root, edit your build.prop (using text editor, some app from the play store, etc) and change the following key: persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap
by removing -aac from the string.

I'm sorry if it looks like I'm spamming I just encountered this issue on a lot of forums with no result and I do hope that this will help some

Top Liked Posts