Bluetooth audio quality Verizon gnexus.

Search This thread

urushiol

Mar 18, 2010
I have experienced poor Bluetooth call audio on my galaxy nexus. The audio is crackly, and very unclear. I have tired 4 different bluetooth headsets that were first tested on known working lg revolution.

Call audio is fine with the phone to my ear, and the strange part is, bluetooth music streaming couldn't be clearer. I have factory reset twice and tried volume +

Is this normal or should I get a replacement phone? :confused: very frustrated, it's so bad I can't understand anyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Last edited:

greentea88

Mar 17, 2011
I have the same problem as you, I recently updated OTA to:

Jellybean 4.1.1
Baseband: XXLF1

And i'm experiencing horrendous bluetooth quality (I'm using a Jabra Extreme2 bluetooth headset).

The calls are perfectly crisp and clear when I use the phone to my ear, but when I switch over to the headset it seems as if they are underwater and everything is mumbled (they say the same about when I speak to them and how much better it is when I don't use the bluetooth)

I didn't face this problem before, and I've noticed there were Verizon users with the issue as well when going from 4.02 to 4.04

(google search : Support Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4 )
as it wont let me post links yet

Now, I am in Canada using Fido/Rogers - so do you guys think it would be okay to flash back the baseband to UGKL1 or UGKK7 ? (Apparently it was a fix for a few of the Verizon users)..

Last edited: