• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bluetooth Audio working well on Fire TV Stick OS 5

Search This thread

seargent007

May 29, 2007
Recent information on this seems to be hard to come by, so I wanted to make it known that the current developer preview adds the "other bluetooth devices" menu to the Fire TV Stick and allows for connecting bluetooth audio devices. I did a quick test in netflix and had no discernable delay over the course of an episode. Connecting gives the usual suggestion to use 5.8 wifi to avoid issues, and I did so for the sake of this test.

Here's to hoping that it's not just an accidental carryover from the Fire TV that gets ripped out in the final release.

Reactions: Renegade1504

seargent007

May 29, 2007
Excellent,
This was exactly what I was asking in here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/help/amazon-fire-tv-stick-bt-headphones-t2988850/page2

But I think no one had tried it yet, thanks for confirming!

And your question was exactly what prompted me to try it and make a new thread, thank you!

PS:
What Netflix version are you using, the one that comes from the Amazon store, or the AndroidTV one?

The test was with the Amazon store version

Last edited:

freezer2k

Apr 30, 2011
Cool,
Just requested FireOS5 for my Stick.

No 5GHz WiFi here at the moment, will see how it will work with 2.4GHz WiFi used simultaneously.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Wow,
update came really fast.

I can confirm it seem to work quite well, even when using 2.4GHz WiFi at the same time.

Was streaming Netflix in 1080p. Very few glitches, but they might also be related to the Netflix app. Was quite enjoyable to watch/listen :)

yasars

Apr 16, 2010
Ruhrgebiet
Yes it works and 5ghz working on me tooo... Pls add an another wifi channel me 38....

I wish that when i start the fire tv , does my audio soundbar starting tooo and shutdown with fire tv...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Recent information on this seems to be hard to come by, so I wanted to make it known that the current developer preview adds the "other bluetooth devices" menu to the Fire TV Stick and allows for connecting bluetooth audio devices. I did a quick test in netflix and had no discernable delay over the course of an episode. Connecting gives the usual suggestion to use 5.8 wifi to avoid issues, and I did so for the sake of this test.

Here's to hoping that it's not just an accidental carryover from the Fire TV that gets ripped out in the final release.