• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bluetooth Auto Connect issue with "TopWay" 4.4.2

Search This thread

Jacklad

Jan 19, 2009
Los Angeles
I recently purchased and installed a TopWay branded (on the splash screen anway) 4.4.2 Double Din unit - I can pair my phone to the unit, but it won't auto connect - I have to connect from my phone as the unit will not initiate a connection beyond the initial pairing - Wifi will auto connect, and I have the Auto Connect set to "open", which is believe is "on" - this was supposed to be a 4.4.4 version, but seller says that 4.4.4 is buggy on these units and he will send me the update when they believe it's ready - don't know if 4.4.4 works differently with bluetooth - I can return the thing, but I've already had it professionally installed and all else works really well - I've attached a screen shot of the "about" section in settings if that helps - any insight would be much appreciated -

Attachments

• IMG_20160220_213513694.jpg
    IMG_20160220_213513694.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 882

Hisma

Oct 24, 2010
Have exact same problem on mine. Glad I'm not the only one. Sadly I haven't found a fix for it. Keep asking my seller for updates, and they send latest updates, but the problem is never resolved.

dano311

Mar 24, 2012
Newberg
I have the MCU and version as your picture. Can you post a pic of the front of the unit for comparison? And what updates have you gotten my seller is in responsive......

Jacklad

Jan 19, 2009
Los Angeles
If you are in Bluetooth mode, the auto connect feature is in settings - set it to"open" - I do not always see the Bluetooth icon in upper status bar, but as long as you see the blue Bluetooth symbol next to the name of your phone on the device list, you are connected- it's definitely a glitch, you can also check your phone to see if you are connected to the unit - I kept looking for the icon in the upper status bar, but didn't realize that it didn't always come on

spiryt4

Sep 20, 2021
Someone managed to upload something newer than what is, i.e. Android 4.4.4. If possible, I would ask for a link and instructions on how to install it

Last edited: